PDA

View Full Version : Got a new Boat..what to bring?

e420x
09-30-2005, 11:44 AM
This is my 1st inboard boat I have owned. Its a 2002 Moomba Outback. What do you usually bring on board in case of teh engine not starting. I have seen pople spray stuff onteh engine to start it and such. Any ideas of what necessary items you carry on yoru boat please list

qb12
09-30-2005, 11:46 AM
congrats on you outback. i have the same year and love it.

tool kit, boards, slalom ski and of course BEER.

qb12
09-30-2005, 11:54 AM
Ed, you are right on the knife. i have had to use that one. also goggles are good to have in the boat and yes of course lots of ice.

e420x
09-30-2005, 02:28 PM
I have a 4 pin wire hareness on my car...the trailer has a 5 one beign the brake. Is their anyway I can rig this to work so the brakes realese?

qb12
09-30-2005, 02:34 PM
You have to go to a 5 pin. The 5th pin connects to your reverse lights which deactivate the trailer brakes.

Most local automotive shops sell them. Or go to a trailer repair place in your area and you can get it done there. Had to do this with my girlfriends 05 Pathfinder. Cost $25.00.

My Sequoia has a 7 pin adapter.

what color is your outback.

Good luck.

ps don't forget the beer in the boat.

Jon
09-30-2005, 02:40 PM
If you don't have a 5th pin, no big deal. The only time you will need it is when you try to back up an incline which doesn't happen very often for me. If you need to back up, just simply go flip your connection from your trailer around and plug it in opposite \to what it is supposed to be. Turn your headlight on in your vehicle and back up as much as you want. Just be sure to flip it back around if you start to tow down the road.

09-30-2005, 03:09 PM
qb12 Its a red outback..

Thx for the help guys...I can't wait to get her in the water this weekend. I already ordered new speakers and stereo to replace the stock one. Speaking of Beer...what are you guys using for coolers? I would prefer to find soemthing that is out of teh way and of course holds a good amount of beverage

lowdrag
10-03-2005, 11:34 AM
If you're the least bit mechanical, the fifth wire is an easy do it yourself fix. Find a five pin plug and wire the 4 wires you already have to it in the same order as they are on your 4 pin. Pull the tail light assembly out and splice a wire onto the reverse light. Run that wire down to the connector and wire it into the fifth pin.

AL02REDMOBLSV
10-03-2005, 03:40 PM
I noticed that you said this was your first inboard. I just bought my first inboard as well. An 02 LSV that was slightly broken in (very low hours). The only advice I will throw at you for now is to check or change all of your fluids and your raw water pump impeller. My boat is the same year as yours and my impeller was missing a fin and was badly worn. I assume yours is a direct drive and that will make your impeller extremely easy to change. Here is the thread and pics from when I took mine apart. Mine is an LSV, so it is a little harder to replace than yours. Good luck and I hope you enjoy the boat!

Look for Replace your Impeller in Service and Repair, I can not get the thread to work properly.