PDA

View Full Version : First Boat Purchase

tarpongator
09-27-2005, 12:13 PM
Hi all,

This is my first post here. I am currently looking to purchase my first wakeboard boat. My wife and I just moved and have lake access. My sister and her husband live next door. We are all beginners in regards to wakeboarding. My uncle has a '99 Moomba and we have wakeboarded a few times behind that boat. However, most of our wakeboarding has been (don't laugh) behind a 14 foot Jon boat. Anyway, I know my uncle's boat has been basically flawless. I am in the initial research phase in regards to boats. My wife has made it clear she does not like the models (any brand) where the motor is in the middle. As much as I love the price of the Moomba's there is always the "you get what you pay for" mindset that concerns me. Help me lose this concern. Thanks.

AL02REDMOBLSV
09-27-2005, 12:28 PM
Look at the posts where we have been praising our boats. I purchased my LSV at the beginning of the summer and have not had a problem with it. The boat definately exceeds my wakeboarding abilities. If you look at many of the other models of wakeboard boats you will see that they have very similar if not the same engine and drive manufacturers. Moomba does not cut costs in manufacturing or drive components, they just don't put all of the bells and whistles on all of their boats. Of course you can drive your price up by adding them! I have had nothing but wonderful things to say about my LSV. I get lots of compliments everytime I take it out. I would definately purchase another one.

tarpongator
09-27-2005, 01:13 PM
ED G,

Wow!

I have no idea who you are but you obviously know who I am. All the money is in the new house that is why I am looking at Moomba...haha. Fill me in on who you are. I am guessing that you are the guy with the Blue and White Moomba along with MANY other boats. Am I right?

tarpongator
09-27-2005, 03:42 PM
Okay Ed, now you have me baffled.

moombadaze
09-27-2005, 07:39 PM
tarpongator,
get the moomba-you wont be disapointed.-have had mine for 2 years and love it,
better than the 1994 mcraft prostar 190 i had.
ive got the lsv mobius-engine in rear of boat and loads of space-people and storage

lake tarpon is nice but wait till you go to clearmont chain of lakes for the jamboree

moombadaze

moombadaze
09-27-2005, 07:40 PM
tarpongator,
get the moomba-you wont be disapointed.-have had mine for 2 years and love it,
better than the 1994 mcraft prostar 190 i had.
ive got the lsv mobius-engine in rear of boat and loads of space-people and storage

lake tarpon is nice but wait till you go to clearmont chain of lakes for the jamboree

moombadaze

mobiusLSV05
09-27-2005, 08:04 PM
Tarpongator, if your serious about a boat, I have one for sale in the Classifieds here on site, take a look, you wont be disapointed. My only drawback is lack of time to use it.

tarpongator
09-28-2005, 08:55 AM
Thanks for the feedback everyone.

mobiusLSV05,

Your boat looks great. However, I am not leaning towards used at this point and also I am six months away from a purchase. My wife has to finish up with school.

Ed,

Please come clean. You are killing me.

tarpongator
09-28-2005, 02:27 PM
Ed G,

That's cool. I told my wife about your post last night and she said it is probably someone from the Sea Doo board. My response was that I do not post very often anywhere so no way that was the case. You must have a great memory. I even called my Crystal River uncle and asked him if he knew anyone named Ed from Clermont with a black Moomba.