PDA

View Full Version : Moomba Outback...Good Deal?

e420x
09-26-2005, 10:43 PM
I found a 2002 Moomba with matching trailer for 16500. It has 210 hours on it and looks prettty clean. Its my first wakeboat and I have some questions.

How much weight do I really need to drop in here to make a good wake or will it have a nice wake without weight?

I wakeskate now and am going to start to wakeboard soon. Do any of you bring your wakeboats in saltwater? Like the intracoastal or anything. I am in florida and would like to be able to bring it to the keys and such but not the ocean.

last but not least..what size are the speakers in the boat..are they 6 1/2?

AL02REDMOBLSV
09-27-2005, 09:32 AM
I can kind of help you out with the speaker size. I am in the process of replacing all of mine in an 02 LSV. The speaker sizes are a little strange. A 6 1/2 will fit in the cutout, but it will not cover the existing "indention" in the vinyl. The stock speaker mounts with a built in grill that is much wider that the speaker itself. Here are some measurements I took on my boat.

Cutout: 5 1/8"
Grill Edge to Edge: 7"

I am in the process of having 6 "rings made to help with the gap. They have a 5" inner diameter and a 7" outter diameter and they will be colored the same as the vinyl to help with the "vinyl indention gap". I am also using Polk DB650. With Polk DB675 Tower speakers.