PDA

View Full Version : Factory Ballast Problems

AZ_Calling
09-23-2005, 02:17 PM
Does anyone know if the factory signle ballast ('03 Mobius LS) has two pumps. One for filling and one for emptying? I am having trouble filling my ballast. I usually have to "burp" it by driving fast with the ballast on but this does not fix the problem any more.

When I attempt to burp it, a little water gets into the ballast and I can empty it no problem. So I assume the empty pump is working and might be having problems with the fill pump. I don't remember for sure, but I thought I could hear the pump running in the past when I fill the ballast, but I do not hear anything now. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks.

Brian Raymond
09-23-2005, 04:19 PM
If you can't hear the pump running, check the rubber booted breaker above the ballast switch and see if it is tripped. Keep us posted. Brian Raymond.

AZ_Calling
09-23-2005, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. Not familar with the rubber breaker switch. Can you explain how that works and how to know if it is tripped? Is it like a GFCI outlet where I push the boot in or is it like a rocker breaker you would see in my house?

Nevermind, I just figured it out from reading the manual.:)

AZ_Calling
09-25-2005, 10:50 AM
Well the rubber breaker was not a problem. Is there a fuse somewhere for the pump? I looked under the dash and could not find any fuses. Any other ideas why the pump may not be working?

Thanks

Brian Raymond
09-26-2005, 08:30 AM
With the switch in the "on" pos., use a test light to verify there is power going to the pump. Check the pump harness in the bilge, it may have some corrosion inside a butt connector or a wire could have come loose. Keep us posted. Brian Raymond

AZ_Calling
10-10-2005, 11:06 AM
Well I am getting 12v to the butt connector. It looks like the pump is burned out. I will take the pump out this week to verify and replace, if need be. Can anyone recommend a pump to replace the stock one with, or should I just get another pump from the dealer? Also, does anyone know the GPH for the stock pump?

kjmetz
10-19-2005, 01:15 PM
There are two pumps for the ballast system - The fill pump is located in the engine compartment and has it's own through-hull and valve- This is a larger white pump. The little red pump at the ballast bag is the drain pump.

AL02REDMOBLSV
10-19-2005, 02:43 PM
I am pretty sure that my LSV has a Rule 2000 GPH pump. Go to www.boatfix.com. This is where I got my replacement pump for emptying the ballast bags just put in Rule Pump in the search box. Pull your old pump and get a part number off of it and use the website above to order the pump. If your pump is less than 2000 GPH I am sure one of the guys on the board can give you the part numbe that is on theirs. Mine is in storage or I would get you the part number myself, but that is another story! Good luck and keep us posted.