PDA

View Full Version : Paint Matching

AL02REDMOBLSV
09-22-2005, 11:05 AM
Does anyone know how to get the paint codes for our boats. I have on 02 Red LSV and I am ordering a set of custon tower speakers that I want painted to match the boat. Since I know nothing about paint, I do not know where to go or what to look for. Any help anyone has would be appreciated.

Jon
09-23-2005, 11:08 AM
Your dealer should be able to get the color code either from Spectrum Gelcoats or Skiers Choice. I have a list of them but around me right now.

Jon
09-27-2005, 04:10 PM
The color code from Spectrum for Red is 11148A if that helps you any at all.

Nafplio
10-05-2005, 09:24 PM
Hi everyone. Great forum!!

Recently sold my old IO and purchased a great looking 05 LSV advertised here. I am looking for the paint code for tower speakers as well. Today, I called Anthony at Skier's Choice. He said the gelcoat code they use wouldn't mean anything to any paint shop. Told me to call Boatmate Trailers and they would help. Gave me their number: 865-273-1100. The people at Boatmate were very helpful, but they need the last 4 numbers from the trailer VIN for the paint code. My boat looks exactly like the one Shoemaker Mobius has. The problem is my trailer is black. Any help appreciated. Thanks,

John.

tygger6069
10-05-2005, 09:35 PM
Hi Guys,

One way to have the color matched from your boat may be to take it to a good quality auto paint store. They can match it pretty close by using a tool that kind of takes a picture of the color and then gives them a recipe to mix the paint for you. I have had to do this with a couple of custom speaker boxes in the past. Hope that this helps and good luck with your projects.

Tygger