PDA

View Full Version : GAS!!!!

Yellowmobius
08-31-2005, 02:01 PM
Does your state offer a gas tax refund for boats?
I know Washington does and ND does not!

Now that gas has hit $3.00/gall I think it is time for legislation for ND boaters!

qb12
08-31-2005, 02:52 PM
Bruce, Oklahoma does not. I just filled up the truck, boat and my 11 gallon tracy gas pal to take to tablerock lake this weekend. If we had not already booked the cabin I would have to 2nd think this trip. Just went up to $2.89 per gallon. It amazes me it goes up in $.10 increments and when it goes down it is in the pennies.

I voted for Bush and have supported him in most everything he has done. However I think he should of given up his VERY long "working" vacation and should have dealing with these issues including the hurricane.

just my $.02.

doug, t-town

Yellowmobius
08-31-2005, 03:09 PM
CHECK THIS SITE OUT

LISTS EVERY STATE THAT REFUNDS BOAT GAS TAX!

http://www.boatus.com/gov/state_taxrefund.htm

smokedog2
08-31-2005, 08:28 PM
Wish I could get to Table Rock. But if you are so sure gas is botched and gong higher, buy some futures, buy some options, buy some stock, but blame Bush?

Who pray tell is not allowing the exploration of Alaska, or off shore in California? What has stood in the way of any new refinery capacity? What has forced the wasting of refinery capacity with 100’s of gas mixtures (yep, it really is over 100 gas mixtures nation wide)?

To blame Bush after 6 years of trying to get some other assets on line and his energy policy passed is a little short sighted. Filibustering is not a solution to a problem, it is a problem unto itself.

Any American has the opportunity to put his money where his mouth is and make a killing. Just step into the arena. Me, my trading account is 50% + in cash right now, I have no idea what is reality and what is tulip bulbs (see vlo). The only thing left in is oil, utilities and tech.

BRY looks good to me, I’m in it up to my eyeballs so my money is where my mouth is.

It really will help your attitude if you own a PB or XOM. Each time you fill up you kinda feel like at least your getting a piece back.

My Yukon XL takes $73 a fill. I can hardly wait to fill the boat.

My $.02,

Worth what you paid for it.

SD2

Certainty is a luxury of the sidelines.

qb12
08-31-2005, 10:36 PM
smokedog, i had a good feeling i would hear from you. I do agree with what you say in many ways in regards to fuel and so forth. I grew up with father who was a refinery plant mgr for over 30 years who dealth with the price per barrel not changing for many years. Not it was not right in many ways.

my gripe with President Bush is the fact that We as a nation knew this hurricane was coming in with vengence as of Saturday. And we knew there was a good chance of massive damage. Yet he flies to Cali to do a speech on Monday while he is on his "working" vacation. I did grow up in New Orleans and thank god I have no family there anymore. But almost everyone there has lost everything and things are getting worse due to lack of response by our goverment. Again I am not a goverment basher by no means. I have back President Bush in Iraq and so forth. But to take this many days to get relief started is sad.

Last but least for you, I received a email from yes one of our fellow MOOMBA brother, that there gas in Atlanta was hitting $5.00. Yes you might be making money of this but how about everyone else. What do you think this is going to do if things don't change to companies like Skier's Choice..........

Just again my $.02.

Doug, t-town

Buttafewcoe
09-01-2005, 06:17 AM
We live in a time where there is a lot of "let's wait and see what happens before we react". It might not be right, but that's the way it is. Most of us do not want to spend money if we don't have to. And to think the Gov'mt is not the same in many respects is one being short sighted. To think one can flip a switch and mobilize thousands of people and their resources in an instant is not very realistic. It is my understanding when the path was finalized, before the 'cane made landfall, plans were already underway to help w/ recovery.
My 10 cents (now that's just not right, but that is the way it is)
Butta

smokedog2
09-01-2005, 11:00 PM
It was Napoleon that said “Armatures study tactics, professionals study logistics.”

If nay sayers like Michael Savage (I just got home and do not listen intentionally he was just on for noise– what a nut burger) were in charge we’d have the functional equivalent of the WKRP in Cincinnati Thanksgiving turkey drop on our hands. There are over 1,000,000 people without homes. If 12 don’t have water, those are the ones that will be on TV. I do not watch the news; I simply do not expect it to be factual in the slightest. In 40 years I have never heard a news report that said the _____, did an great job in a nearly impossible situation. Handing one a bottle of water every second, the last one would get his bottle in a little over 11 days. More than enough time to die if you were tardy getting in line. We have had two days, to get them all water that is 6 bottles per second 350/minute, 21,000/hr), and no production or travel time.

My $1.20,

SD2

Oh, if you think this is bad, just wait until someone actually tries to disrupt the flow of oil.

qb12
09-02-2005, 11:08 AM
smokedog, have a good holiday.

smokedog2
09-02-2005, 04:15 PM
I’m going to have a great holiday! I have a couple friends whose wives are going to want my hide as the boys are headed for the lake for one last hurrah.

One friend may show up with a new Supra, and if he does - a wife that wants me dead.

One friend is coming with his boat sans wife, another just sans wife. My lake house is really just a trailer on the back side of a trailer court (yep some brilliant developer put a trailer park on one of about 8 lakes in Ohio). Some folks are uncomfortable in that environment. I grew up in one so I’m right at home :)

I expect a few other folks out for the day. Everyone is bringing kids and friends of kids. I feel a little guilty burning gas in a boat right now, but not guilty enough not to go.

I highly recommend the book on tape “1776” for the drive to TR. It is fascinating and puts our troubles in perspective.

This is the last trip out for the Moomba this year. I expect it to be a good one.

See ya,

SD2

Oh, on my way out allow me to plug the Salvation Army. Dollar for Dollar the most efficient, fastest reacting organization bar none. I have not done a lot of search and rescue (mostly search sad to say) but I’ve done enough to know that just feeding the volunteers is a major task. I remember the Salvation Army chili after 15 or more years, I can even tell you about the cup and the spoon, and I wasn’t the one being rescued. Good people you can trust to use your money well.

End soap box.

TheBeeZ
09-21-2005, 02:26 PM
Our price over labor day weekend was $4.oo per gallon on the water! We bought it for $2.85 before we got there.