PDA

View Full Version : Westland Cover

VA LSV
11-20-2012, 09:48 PM
Boat all tucked away for winter. My new Westland cover fits so good I winterized the boat in the lift and will leave it there over winter.

wolfeman131
11-20-2012, 09:57 PM
Is that frost on the roof?

And, is the water low just for the winter?

VA LSV
11-21-2012, 06:35 AM
Yes frost on the roof and they drop the lake level for 2 weeks every November to give landowners a chance to do dock and shore line maintenance.

wolfeman131
11-21-2012, 10:26 AM
Ah, you can keep that frost up your way for awhile longer! They drop our lake also, but only every 6 yrs. I wish it was more often so I could work on the dock & shoreline.

KG's Supra24
11-21-2012, 10:33 AM
Nice looking lake lot. Cover looks great too

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

VA LSV
11-21-2012, 01:23 PM
Really pleased with the Sharkskin Plus material as well as the fit. Came with rope ratchets for each side.

They stopped lowering our lake for a few years to protect the mussels and the hydrilla growth just exploded. Then sterile grass eating carp and spraying were introduced to try and control the hydrilla. Went back to lowering the lake last winter and no hydrilla problem this year.

rdlangston13
11-21-2012, 02:06 PM
If they purposely lowered our lake for the winter there is little to no guarantee it would recover and refill by spring!

moombadaze
11-21-2012, 08:55 PM
nice looking place to keep your boat, jelous here

since its sitting out so long im wondering if you had thought about haveing a skirt added to the cover to protect the sides from sun fading

mmandley
11-21-2012, 11:12 PM
Nice looking set up man, That lake looks like it would be glass all the time LOL

VA LSV
11-22-2012, 11:06 PM
I thought about using a tarp to cover the sides over the winter. Had a little fading in the red at the rear corners and the edge of the swim platform over the summer. Have kept the boat in this lift every summer for 7 seasons now but the wife decided she wanted her car in the garage this winter. I thought about getting a cover that covers the swim platform but none of the companies I checked with could tell me how their covers tied. 1 company told me theirs tied under the platform. I sprayed 303 on the faded areas and they turned from pink back to bright red. Told my son we'll pull it out and buff it good in the spring.

Best cove on the lake for boarding. Protected from the wind. Can get rough on weekends but we have it all to ourselves most weekdays. Water level stays very constant. Good water flow on the New River.