PDA

View Full Version : IBS and Tsunami pump

snyderaaron
11-19-2012, 10:58 PM
Does anyone use a tsunami pump to fill their ibs? I want to get an ibs but don't think I can install it to the pumps like everyone else does

wolfeman131
11-19-2012, 11:26 PM
I used one before plumbing mine it. Anything specific you want to know?

jmvotto
11-20-2012, 11:27 AM
Should not be a problem.

If its below the seats you may have to drain each leg seperately.

rdlangston13
11-20-2012, 08:33 PM
I use one with my 2008, same hull as yours, you will need to remove the opposite side cushion to where you drain it from and pick it up to drain ALL the water up if you care that much. if a gallon or so staying in there is fine with you then its even easier!

snyderaaron
11-20-2012, 09:48 PM
Can u drain it out of the front hole? Is it hard to integrate with the ski locker bag?

moombadaze
11-20-2012, 10:12 PM
do you have the reversible ballast pumps ? if so, it super easy to piggyback it off the front bag.

snyderaaron
11-20-2012, 10:56 PM
I think so' does that mean in can drain it?

jmvotto
11-21-2012, 09:34 AM
You should be able to drain and fill it without the tsunami with ease as long as want them both filled at the same time.

Lots of members have done this on here, some with directional valves and some just plain plung and play.

mmandley
11-21-2012, 10:02 AM
You can use a reversable pump to drain the IBS, its not the most popular due to the legs on the IBS. I had 2 drain pumps on mine that were tsunami 700s because they screw right into the leg ports so it was easy. Then i daisy chained them to the Ski Locker bag and they would all drain at the same time. With it being Tsunami i didnt worry about them running.

I wouldnt drain the IBS from the center port or the top port, too much chance the pump will lose prime as it drain or just suck the bottom of the bag from the inside causing the pump to over heat or give a fale drained tone.

lsvboombox
11-21-2012, 12:54 PM
I use the ibs with the reversible pumps. Used a wye diverter(with lever) and split the output from the center sac pump. Run 1 line to the center sac and then i used a y to split the other line and ran it to each leg of the ibs. Very easy setup and shouldnt cost more than 100-150 to do. No drilling just running and cutting some hose

chadjitsu1
11-22-2012, 12:37 AM
I also used a separate aerator pump at the end of each leg then just plumbed it into the same drain as the ski locker bag. It's really east to do. I also just tapped into the existing wiring that was there so when you flip the switch to fill and empty the ski locker the IBS also fills and empties. It's really a must have for the boat. My biggest issue with the IBS is that it popped my cup holders the first time I filled it and its a pain in the arss to keep up in the nose so that doesn't happen.

moombadaze
11-23-2012, 05:37 PM
My biggest issue with the IBS is that it popped my cup holders the first time I filled it and its a pain in the arss to keep up in the nose so that doesn't happen.

same issue-need some kind of spacer or block under the cupholders to help keep the back from lifting them up

brain_rinse
11-23-2012, 06:05 PM
same issue-need some kind of spacer or block under the cupholders to help keep the back from lifting them up
Yoga blocks are $10 and work well :)

chadjitsu1
11-23-2012, 11:29 PM
I have heard that from others in the group, how exactly do you install yoga blocks? Do you cut them out so the under side of the cup holder goes into the block? I am still trying to figure this out for next year. If anyone has pix that would be awesome so I can see what your all talking about.

brain_rinse
11-23-2012, 11:56 PM
It's just a block of hard foam that you can put underneath the cup holders to keep the bag from sliding back. Nothing to cut or install. You could use just about anything... the yoga block was just the first thing I found when I went digging around the house.

MLA
11-24-2012, 09:53 AM
Another good trick is a section of 4" PVC cut to fit between the floor and deck under the cupholder.

beat taco
11-24-2012, 01:09 PM
Another good trick is a section of 4" PVC cut to fit between the floor and deck under the cupholder.

I like it. Looks like one more thing to do this winter. On a side note my reversible pump could suck the Isb flat as a pancake plumbed to one leg!

TL7
11-27-2012, 02:55 PM
^^ Mine too. I have a reversible pump plumbed to the port side leg of the IBS, and it will flatten it with no problems.

I like the PVC idea. My cupholders have popped up before and I siliconed the crap out of them, but I still always worry about them popping up.