PDA

View Full Version : thinking about buying a outback LSV

alli12903
08-19-2005, 03:27 PM
I am thinking about a new outback LSV boat. I was wondering what some owners think about the boat. I will use the boat mostly with my wife and child, not a lot of wakeboarding, will this boat be practical for just riding/cruising with occasional sking or should i consider another type boat. What do these boats sell for new, any help/advise would be appreciated.

jasonp

NC05LSV
08-19-2005, 07:41 PM
If you are going to seldom wake board then I probably wouldnt pay the extra cash for the LSV. If you ski more than board and like cruising, I would look at one of the direct drive boats like the LS or even the outback. Happy hunting

jburnside
08-22-2005, 09:17 AM
I have owned both a direct drive (2003 Outback LS) and a V-drive (2005 Mobius LSV) and the social atmosphere in our V-drive is much better. The open wrap-around style seating of a V-drive is great for families. If you are just a recreational wakeboarder and skier the V-drive will work great as a cross over boat.

The Outback LSV and our Mobius LSV share the same hull, the only difference is that the Mobius series adds all the wakeboarding goodies. We really love our boat and for the money you simply can't find a better value. If you get serious about buying a new boat make sure you purchase any options you think you might want down the road, up front. It's going to be easier, and in many cases cheaper, to buy them now rather than add the stuff down the road. I listed some options below I think are a must have.

-EFI engine
-Hydraulic wake plate
-Bimini
-Heater (guess it depends on where you live)
-Pop up cleats
-Spare tire

Options I would seriously consider:

-Factory tower w/board racks
-Radio/CD player
-Perfect pass (speed control)
-3 bag ballast system
-Tandem axle trailer (if you tow the boat all the time)
-Snap out carpet
-Snap on cockpit and bow covers
-Walk-thru cover (really helps on cool days)

Use the boat configurator on this site and price out your new boat. My buying experiences have been about 7-10% cheaper than what the configurator price showed. Send me a PM if you have specific questions, I'd be happy to help.

clark
08-22-2005, 10:06 AM
I agree with you. Get the LSV if you are taking family and friends out with you. It's seating configuration is much more friendly and spacious. I also have an 05 Mobius LSV and I love it. I also agree about the add-ons. If you will use them down the road, get them, unless you are going to trade before you need them. I am especially speaking of the board items like tower and ballast. If will not be pulling riders, you may not want to spend the money for Perfect Pass, but I am glad I got it. 80%-90% of the time my boat is running, someone is behind it, and the Perfect Pass makes you day much better. Plus, no one can blame the driver for the speed inconsistencies. Good luck with your decision, and I think you will love the Moomba brand. People stare, smile and wave. It's a Great feeling, and a Great boat.

Clark

marchina
08-23-2005, 11:52 AM
If you're looking for fun, go for bayliner, if you're looking for wakeboard, try mastercraft, malibu or nautiques, if you,re looking for trouble try moomba, i been waiting for my racks, bimini mounts and a wakeplate pin for a month, my new lsv 05 still useless i bougth it since MAY 16th and still parked, dealer said factory don't send him the spares, friends with mastercraft just have to wait 5 days to get spares even obrien wakeboards. Tought moomba was gonig to be ok or may be i have a bad luck.

Regards

marchina
08-23-2005, 11:54 AM
If you're looking for fun, go for bayliner, if you're looking for wakeboard, try mastercraft, malibu or nautiques, if you,re looking for trouble try moomba, i been waiting for my racks, bimini mounts and a wakeplate pin for a month, my new lsv 05 still useless i bougth it since MAY 16th and still parked, dealer said factory don't send him the spares, friends with mastercraft just have to wait 5 days to get spares even obrien wakeboards. Tought moomba was gonig to be ok or may be i have a bad luck.

Regards

qb12
08-23-2005, 12:07 PM
Marchina, I believe you are in Mexico, correct. But you "can't" use the boat without the rack, bimini mounts and the pin for the wakeplate. For some reason I have a hard time believing that.

I have ordered many things for my Moomba, None of which were mechanical just things I wanted to do to make my boat look better and had NO problem getting any of the parts in, in fact they were very great in asst. me in doing the procedure myself.

Next, before you start bashing you Moomba boat, go to the MC, Tige' and so forth website. Then go to their discussion board. I think you will very QUICKLY see problems with these boats also. Many problems.

I was talking on the phone with a fellow Moomba brother last night who lives in Georgia and was telling him I can't wait to buy another Moomba boat.

Anyway good luck with getting yours fixed.

Doug, t-town

marchina
08-23-2005, 04:02 PM
Hey dog, here sun burns to kill no joke about it, wake plate lose may get worse, racks no problem, moomba boat it's fine, dealer is what its wrong, i'm just saying that i would like to talk directly to skiers behalf dealer.

Sorry about that, wont happen again.

qb12
08-23-2005, 04:05 PM
Marchina, Doug, NOT dog.

Have you called sc directly and voiced your concerns. Hopefully that might help.

No prob, take care. At least you have a longer season down there.

aloha, means goodbye

Buttafewcoe
08-23-2005, 04:56 PM
bottom liners....now that's funny............wait a min....my first boat was a Bayliner, and a good time was had by all that came along when we went out. As long as your out there trying to git-r-done, that's all that matters (cept the dang ol' jet skis....like flies, I tell ya!!!!!):p

marchina
08-24-2005, 02:51 AM
Sorry againg Doug, I missed an U. In fact i've contacted Mr. Anthony and he very quickly spoke with dealer in mexico, and dealer call me to ask me that don't call anthony again he offer me to fix the problems, but he has a very powerfull argument, mexican coustoms an factory delays, come on, he most think that i'm stupid, how hard is to pack a rack and a couple of spares in a box and send it via fedex? no more than a week including coustoms, it's been a month, I will not talk bad of moomba any more and either of dealer, I'm going to buy the rack, the pin, the bimini clamps and other minor things by my own, doy you know any place near LAX to buy this things?

Season here ends by mids of november and starts in march i may catch some good time behind my mobius.

thank you and sorry again.

Simon

marchina
08-24-2005, 12:42 PM
I have a friend with bayliner i want to enoy him, explain me why bottom liner?

nos vemos means see ya

marchina
08-25-2005, 10:35 AM
I got it, where do i get that sticker, i most have it.

thanks

C YA