PDA

View Full Version : Turkey day plans

moombadaze
11-13-2012, 05:04 PM
What all are you doing for stuff yourself and roll off the couch day ?

Our plans are very low key, might go for a surf and simple dinner later on. no family involved other than the 3 of us.

jpetty3023
11-13-2012, 05:32 PM
kids going skiing with the grandparents so just the wife and I at home. maybe a turkey day smash on the boat?😝

sent from my home phone

chawk610
11-13-2012, 05:41 PM
Standard dealio at our place... prolly 8-9 people total.

sandm
11-13-2012, 05:50 PM
not sure. prolly dinner at moms...

gots to peruse the black friday ads. I think my washer is about to crap out, so hoping to score a deal on a new front load pair..

moombadaze
11-13-2012, 06:37 PM
. I think my washer is about to crap out, so hoping to score a deal on a new front load pair..

I will never want another front loader--pain in the ass getting clothes into and out unless you get the bases, and damm things take FOREEVER to run a load. figure about 2 hrs to wash and dry one load of laundry.---just my experiance so far

bergermaister
11-13-2012, 07:44 PM
^ Second all that on the top of the line front loaders "she had to have".

Plan is to head to buddies,
drink all his beer,
deep fry everything we can find before the turkey goes in,
put out the fire in the backyard from miscalculating how much oil is needed,
eat like kings,
head home the first sign of someone snoring.

zabooda
11-13-2012, 07:51 PM
Head to relatives and see Dallas and Detroit get beat by somebody.

rdlangston13
11-13-2012, 09:01 PM
sit on a ship in the gulf of mexico and hopefully watch the cowboys beat the saints

bhowell
11-14-2012, 01:11 AM
Go up North of Dallas to my parents. I grew up on a ranch so I'm pumped to get out there and shoot some guns!

mmandley
11-14-2012, 11:56 AM
IM working, so i hope the upper people dont give me to many "Has to be done today" tasks, and hoping my 15 Chemical Treatment systems i manage are quite and error free.

If thats the case, ill spend most of my day at my desk reading the forums, watching Netflix LOL

Company will supply us a Thanksgiving dinner so thats cool but i normal dont eat the meat they serve, not a fan of Turkey Loaf LOL

kaneboats
11-15-2012, 11:39 AM
On Thanksgiving morning my Men's group at my church convenes at 7 am with bloody Marys and starts working. We cook a couple hundred turkeys (breasts only) during the week and slice them on Wed night over a few cold ones. On T-giving morning we make the potatoes, gravy, stuffing, vegetables, etc. and then serve about 1000 hot meals that get delivered all over town plus a couple hundred family boxes with canned goods, fruit, pies, etc. We are done by 11 am with everything cleaned up and back home in time for T-giving dinner and a nice nap. Our mission is that nobody in the area misses Thanksgiving dinner. We use about 100 volunteers to set up, dish up, box up and then deliver the meals. It's awesome to see.

I'll go home and carve a turkey then sit down and chow before falling asleep watching the 'boys get beat.

E4NASH
11-15-2012, 12:19 PM
Rolling back to Memphis from the ATL on Wednesday for 4 days with the in-laws...fun times. Definitely going to have to find some escape time with some buds!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E4NASH
11-15-2012, 12:24 PM
On Thanksgiving morning my Men's group at my church convenes at 7 am with bloody Marys and starts working. We cook a couple hundred turkeys (breasts only) during the week and slice them on Wed night over a few cold ones. On T-giving morning we make the potatoes, gravy, stuffing, vegetables, etc. and then serve about 1000 hot meals that get delivered all over town plus a couple hundred family boxes with canned goods, fruit, pies, etc. We are done by 11 am with everything cleaned up and back home in time for T-giving dinner and a nice nap. Our mission is that nobody in the area misses Thanksgiving dinner. We use about 100 volunteers to set up, dish up, box up and then deliver the meals. It's awesome to see.

I'll go home and carve a turkey then sit down and chow before falling asleep watching the 'boys get beat.

Wow that's awesome Pat! Watching the boys get beat is the PERFECT ending to that type of day.

KG's Supra24
11-15-2012, 12:34 PM
Playing host to a special someone :p

jester
11-15-2012, 06:32 PM
I will be flying back to the state from Hawaii that morning. Then sleeping. Nothing big planned other then that just dinner with the family.

rdlangston13
11-15-2012, 11:00 PM
Sorry guys but the saints are going down.

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk

wolfeman131
11-16-2012, 12:40 AM
Playing host to a special someone :p

Ain't that sweet. Glad to see the bromance continue to blossom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mmandley
11-16-2012, 09:36 AM
Ain't that sweet. Glad to see the bromance continue to blossom.

Bromance? Arnt we talking about someone's mom?
Thats what we normaly are talking about in a situation like this.

wolfeman131
11-16-2012, 09:38 AM
Good call mandley seeing as Turkey Day is all about stuffing.

E4NASH
11-16-2012, 12:06 PM
Good call mandley seeing as Turkey Day is all about stuffing.

Heeeey ohhhh ZING!!!