PDA

View Full Version : Breathing problems on 95 boomerang.

wild
04-13-2003, 08:39 PM
I have a 95 boomerang and constantly have problems with air flow in the engine. I run the blower constantly and still can't keep the compartment clear. On takeoff the boat will bog down and not pull up one skier. If I open the engine compartment it works great. Any suggestions?

Brian Raymond
04-14-2003, 11:03 PM
Wild, make sure the flame arrestor is cleared of belt dust, if this is an issue, soak in carb. cleaner and rinse with water. You did not state if this was a slow oncoming issue, or if it was immediate. First protocol would be to check the air flow from the front deck vent intakes, and make sure there is no blockage in the vent hoses into the bilge, also check for rips in the hoses above the floor, this would let air under the deck and not into the bilge, usually caused by storing equip. underneath and something tears the hoses. There is ample air intake at the transom vents to let the horses run. Please keep me posted on your conditions. Brian Raymond

wild
05-01-2003, 01:31 PM
I contacted a local moomba dealer. He said they added vents to the later models. I am going to have that done and test it.

sledman700
06-18-2003, 02:31 PM
Did the extra vents help?

please advise, and where did they put them?

05-31-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by wild

I have a 95 boomerang and constantly have problems with air flow in the engine. I run the blower constantly and still can't keep the compartment clear. On takeoff the boat will bog down and not pull up one skier. If I open the engine compartment it works great. Any suggestions?