PDA

View Full Version : Out again today

jmb
11-10-2012, 08:37 PM
1 round of skiing and 2 rounds of wakeboarding. Anyone else out? Looks like everyone else has hung it up. Whats up with this?

jpetty3023
11-10-2012, 09:22 PM
smacking the mysterious like button!

sent from my home phone

zabooda
11-11-2012, 01:48 AM
Some people have other toys that demand equal time so boating for me is July through September and I look forward to doing other things when the weather is less than ideal to strap on the lumber. So now through June I am dirt biking and there are a couple of weeks in January where I use the Jeep. I have people who want to go riding in the summer and I tell them that is my boating season besides it not being good riding conditions with heat and dust. I guess the bike and boat complement each other as one is best when it is hot and dry while the bike is best cool and wet.

So enjoy the boating when you can as winter will be upon us shortly.

wolfeman131
11-11-2012, 09:57 AM
Couple of weeks with the Jeep?

No way! Man, I love that pic and don't know how you force yourself out of that ride.

zabooda
11-11-2012, 04:26 PM
Jeep's too slow but when you're banged up or too cold outside the Jeep ride is just fine. I used to just boat and the winters were too long so I got a dirt bike to help pass the time away

jmb
11-11-2012, 09:12 PM
I can respect that Zabooda. I guess I don't have any other hobbies. Guess I need to find another one

EricU
11-13-2012, 12:05 AM
1 round of skiing and 2 rounds of wakeboarding. Anyone else out? Looks like everyone else has hung it up. Whats up with this?

Too cold for wakeboarding and two hours away from Squaw Valley!!!! Opening this Friday

bergermaister
11-13-2012, 12:33 PM
I "used to"...

snow ski
ride motorcycles
had big 4x4 toy
mountain bike
little duck hunting
salmon/sturgeon fishing

Then I got married and had kids...

iwaterskihard
11-13-2012, 04:37 PM
Would love too if I could..............the 12 inches of snow and ice build up on my local lake are hindering me from getting out now until May 1st of 2013.

I am however trying to set up some coaching from a Canadian Pro skier who spends his winters in San Marcos for the first weekend of Dec. If all works well I will be one happy camper as I have never skied in the winter months or gone away for any coaching during our winter months.

My biggest fears are being out of ski shape and not being up to form the first few runs! Oh well isn't that why we seek out coaching? LOL

dhyams
11-14-2012, 11:33 AM

Probably could have gone out this weekend too, but had already done my winterization chores :( 'tis a sad day.