PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Swim Platform Pad

AL02REDMOBLSV
08-17-2005, 10:27 AM
Well, I just picked up my new stern light (the old one that came with the boat fits God only knows what) and my new Swim platform pads. The weekend before last was the final straw! I knelt down to get the rope out from under the platform and stood up with black knees. Then being the genius that I am, I crawled across the sun deck (on my knees of course) leaving these big black spots all the way across! I am sooo glad my wife and I had just cleaned the boat. Anyway, sorry for the rant, how hard is it to get all of the "sticky" off of the platform to install the new pad? I remember a post about the different adhesive removers, but I want to know how bad was it?

helix_rider
08-17-2005, 02:45 PM
Is this a problem others of you have had to deal with? I have an '05 LSV and the black stuff rubs off onto my shorts when i sit on it, my feet when I walk on it, etc. etc. It's starting to really tick me off. Is there a way to deal with this that we haven't been told about?

Loren

qb12
08-17-2005, 03:09 PM
helix, this has been a ongoing thread.

some of us have switched to pad that is avail from airjunky.com., it is called traxx.

it is awsome stuff and make the boat look cooool.. i picked the black/white

as far as the taking the old off research a thread from about a month ago.

as for the current padding i don't know why it has broke down like it has. it took me about a month with the old after getting so tired of cleaning the interior of that black crap.

doug, t-town.

AL02REDMOBLSV
08-17-2005, 03:26 PM
HELIX,
is your 05 pad a thin hard rubber pad? Mine was the thicker "squishy" pad that turns everything black. I hope that the replacement pad I got from skiers choice will not do the same thing! Now you have got me worried that I may do a lot of work only to end up with the same results!

OnTheH20
08-18-2005, 10:12 AM
I have an '05 Mobius LSV with a thin black pad n my swim platform. It isn't squishy at all so I guess it qualifies as "hard". Mine leaves black ALL OVER when we first get the boat in the water. It seems to lessen as the day goes on...or maybe I just learn to ignore it since it aggravates me so much.

Buttafewcoe
08-18-2005, 10:52 AM
Seems most of these boats have an issue with the black. Fortunately for me, after a couple months, the problem went away. I bought my Outback in Aug of '04 and we had the same problem as other posts, but this year there has been no issue.
Hope this helps
Butta

ben624
08-18-2005, 02:28 PM
I have an '99 outback... It has a gray rubber on the platform... It looks good and no smudges... But the fins fron the wake board does nick it.... Other than that I like it... The gray and blue looks great.