PDA

View Full Version : Barefooting - Outback

patdanmatt
08-13-2005, 07:54 AM
I am looking into a barefoot boom for Outback 2003. Any suggestions? I am experienced on long line but not boom. Any comments regarding the splash on Moomba Outback. Is it worht getting one?

stang67
08-13-2005, 11:18 AM
A little off topic but i had my gf's uncle out on my boat he got on the long line and did a flyer off the dock. Great hole shot from the boat but then perfect pass was only ready 40mph. Have you tried long lining behind your current boat now and what kinda speed did you get?

captainfun
08-25-2005, 07:04 AM
A little delayed in the response but hope this helps...

I have a 2003 Outback and use a Barefoot International boom on it. The boom mounts easily and works well. The spray from deep water starts soaks the back of the boat but I don't see that as a concern. Once your up on the boom (short line or the bar) it works fine. If you find yourself in chop with the boom still attached the spray from the cables will soak anybody on the passenger side of the boat. The spray at this point is a good indicator that its to choppy to barefoot and you should take the boom off.

Darryl

silverski
08-25-2005, 10:58 AM
I got a boom for an 05 LSV to use for teaching kids to ski. This may be all V-drive issues but some things to consider.

The dealer set me up with a Barefoot International as this was the Moomba "endoresed" product. When I got it, there was not enough threads on the bolts to tighten it up on the pylon (Diameter of the pylon is slightly smaller at least on a moomba v-drive). I was frustrated as I had heard this may be an issue so that is why is specifically went through the dealer. After a personal call from Mike Seipel, he sent me out a couple more washers that I put on the heads of the bolts and it now tightens up.

The dealer did recommend a $75 accessary to allow the height to be adjusted. I did not get it, but will probably order one for next year. With little kids in the water, they can not reach the boom to get started without help. There also is an accessory to lengthen the distance from the boat. I did not get this either, but I do notice that there is some boat spray issues. Not enough to get me to go for the extension as hopefully they only use it a few times and then end up behind the boat.

All of these situations may be different with a d-drive.