PDA

View Full Version : Sacs in the reap locker?

moombakid8885
04-09-2003, 06:31 PM
we have an 03' mobius and my dads finally considering letting usd run weight on top of the factory ballast, i want to assure him that the rear ski locker will hold up the weight of say a 350# tube sac, provided you empty it before trailering it, but our boat stays in the water all summer anyways so it wouldnt be a huge consern. does anyone know about the boats construction in reguards to supporting the weight for sure.

Brian Raymond
04-09-2003, 10:02 PM
The manufacturer does not suggest putting sacs in the trunks of the boat , the main reason is, the gas tank is directly under it, it is made to support 100lbs. of gear distributed. More weight can cause severe damage to fuel line fittings, blocked fuel lines, and electrical issues. This is a liability you do not want to deal with. If added weight is a must, evenly displace it in sacs on the sides of the motorbox. You will have much better wake displacement and more control and driveability of the boat with it weighted down evenly, than with more wt. in the rear. For safetys sake, keep a close eye on the weight rating of the boat. Brian Raymond

moombakid8885
04-10-2003, 02:57 AM
that you for replying, were goin to get 2 fat lounges for each side of the motor box.that helps knowing that under there is all the vital equipment, thats why my pa was concerned, so ill just go with the 2 540# fat lounges one the sides. thats again