PDA

View Full Version : Pricing

alw041
10-25-2012, 03:09 PM
It looks like the new pricing is on the website and the base price for the 2013 Mojo is about 3k more than last year. I know that they made a couple of features standard that use to be options, but did they make 3k worth of upgrades?

We will be looking to order a boat this winter. I built one on the site and it came out to 67k. It made me very sad.

New Guy
10-25-2012, 04:03 PM
That is MSRP I bet you can do 10-15% off of that.

wolfeman131
10-25-2012, 04:43 PM
I know that they made a couple of features standard that use to be options, but did they make 3k worth of upgrades?

We will be looking to order a boat this winter. I built one on the site and it came out to 67k. It made me very sad.

Nope, IMO, they made MORE than $3k in upgrades!

When you compare the 2012 base MSRP, plus the items now standard such as Digital Cruise Pro, the 2013 base MSRP is 3% more.

Price out a competitive boat the same size with the same options and I bet you'll find the LSV is still the best value.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

KG's Supra24
10-25-2012, 04:45 PM
Psssttt, drew ... he said Mojo ....

Drew, is there a list of the standard changes between 12 and 13 and option changes between the two years as well? I haven't kept track of the Mojo threads real well. It might be a good list to have as new buyers are looking over the winter. ........ not sure how many 12's are out there?

jpetty3023
10-25-2012, 04:53 PM
KG got his eye on a mojo?😎🏄

sent from my home phone

wolfeman131
10-25-2012, 05:22 PM
Psssttt, drew ... he said Mojo ....

Ah, read that post too quickly. Thanks for the catch.

There were a few tweaks from 2012 to 2013 that I know of, but do they equate to $3k in price variance? Who knows by the time you figure in any new tooling, etc.

alw041
10-25-2012, 05:58 PM
If I do a custom order that is 67k at MSRP. What do you think the out the door price would be including prep, freight, and all the other fees they hit you with? My state sales tax is 8.6%.

mmandley
10-25-2012, 06:16 PM
If I do a custom order that is 67k at MSRP. What do you think the out the door price would be including prep, freight, and all the other fees they hit you with? My state sales tax is 8.6%.

I think and im not positive but this is what i was told by AWS last time i asked about price increases is, it has a lot to do with Labor costs, and materials such as fiberglass and such that truly dictate the average yearly increase in a boat price.

I still think if you looked at ordeirng new with your sales tax its apx 73K. Add frieght and prep, cant tell you as i dont know where you are located but id guess another 1k is a pretty safe bet.

Take 10% off MSRP and your looking back at 64-65Kish.
I think the discount you can get off MSRP is really up to the dealer to a point.

Ive talked to dealers trying to sell me a 100K Tige Z3 for 75K out the door and thats a huge discount.
When i bought my 08 LSV it was 15K off MSRP as a year left over. Dealers have some wiggle room, its all about how fare you can push them sideways before they say no.

The 2012 we have locally is priced right at 59K and you could prolly hook it and book it for mid 50s. Ill know for sure in a couple weeks when AWS does there Evening with the Stars and they list the speacial sales prices on the boats.

kaneboats
10-26-2012, 12:27 PM
They also have to project health care costs for employees in their overhead. Thank your president and congress for that one.

KG's Supra24
10-26-2012, 12:47 PM
Def not Jpetty. No new boat for me in store.

Kane kane kane .... Just letting you know I thought about responding :p

sandm
10-26-2012, 05:35 PM
Dont worry kane. It will get repealed in january... :)

alw041
10-27-2012, 06:54 PM
Do you think it will be closer to 60k out the door with boat show incentives?

mmandley
10-28-2012, 10:36 AM

Right Now its really hard to say, i got some numbers back on one of the boats im looking at and i they were decent numbers but not enough to make me bite. From what im hearing the SC and the Dealers are being a bit harder to deal with in lower numbers for some reason.

I think realistically you will see a few Options given as Boat SHow incentitives and this will help lower your overall cost.

Exp, Perfect pass, 1295 on the Mojo,
Heater 560 on the Mojo
Snap in Moomba Graphic carpet 890 on the Mojo

These are incentives i think you might see at the boat show and would lower your over all cost on the boat if you are adding them in your boat build specs.

I think its very realistic you can get a really nice Mojo for 60K out the door but you will need to sacrafice upgrades on your trailer, and really think about the options in the boat.

Some of the big dollar items for upgrades in the Mojo is rounded estimates..
Engine nearly 2K
Perfect Pass 1300
Moomba Carpet 900
6 speaker stereo 600
Spining board racks 750

When you order your boat think of what you can always add later to keep the initial cost down and this will get you the boat at the price you want for your budget.

Sure the first summer you dont have fancy Moomba logo carpet, but get it next year or soemthing like that

wolfeman131
10-28-2012, 03:32 PM
Just for clarity, I don't think there is a PerfectPass option. The Digital Cruise Pro, which works similarly to PP wakeboard pro, comes standard and the option/upgrade is the GPS Zero Off system.

wolfeman131
10-28-2012, 03:36 PM

I say it depends on how you option the boat, how you option the trailer, how/what incentives SC has for the boat shows, what your tax rate is and, most importantly, how well you can negotiate.

I'm going to agree with Mike in that you should be able to get a very nicely optioned Mojo OTD under $60k.