PDA

View Full Version : Hinged Windshield Fe

Alain Bryden
08-11-2005, 02:56 PM
I don't know what to say. I work at a marina in Nova-Scotia. It was a rough day and our company boat, taking some people out on tour, broke down. I offered up my moomba outback, being the only boat small enough to get close to the shore where they were broken down. I motered over, and towed them back. Through the vibrating of the rough water and the occasional slam after hitting a swell wrong, somehow the hinged windshield - the walkthrough area, has ended up on the other side of the frame.

I can't understand how it could ever happen. I doubt I'm even describing it comprehensively. I would have to post a picture, which I will try to do later. There's no reasonable amount of force that could have possibly be exerted on that window at any direction that would force it through, and certainly no force that could push it back onto the right side. The glass now looks warped in its current position, and I don't want to end up with a broken window. The frame of the hinged window can't be removed because the screws at the base are inacessibly close to the dashboard. Everyone I work with is puzzled, and I'm cringing. If anyone has any help to offer you would have much love from me.

This will all be much easier to visualize once I get a picture but if anyone knows what I'm talking about, give me a hand.

zabooda
08-11-2005, 03:56 PM
It happened to my 98 Mobius when I first got it some four years back. I can't remember how I got it back but I beleive I took off the support on the driver's side and I was able to flex the hinged window and the drivers side window enough to get it through. I then tightened all of the windshield screws and supports. Good luck.

BensonWdby
08-11-2005, 05:45 PM
Here's the deal with that. The hull on your boat is flexing under the punding. I have a 99 Mobius that has had a windshield spread problem since I got it with 33 hours on it. I have had the windshield remounted once but it continues to be a problem.

You might be able to drive the hinge pin out of the hinge enough so you can grab it with a pliers?

Otherwise take it out ona rough day and have someone apply pressure to the inside up against the hinges window. Maybe one good jolt will be enough to open it up for you so you can push it back.

Good luck with that .....

Dave