PDA

View Full Version : ian ashton--question for you

moombadaze
10-24-2012, 07:12 PM
not sure if you would see this in the Exile thread about your buddys LSV install so here it is

Ian, on Chase's LSV, how did you get the side speakers out inside the cabin, I undid the 4 screws for the rear drivers side and was unable to remove it. Did you remove anything else to get it out or was it just brute force ??

I stopped at that point to work on another project

thanks

ian ashton
10-25-2012, 07:01 AM
It's a pain in the ass! I wiggled, pushed, pulled, and twisted. Then I had Chase pull on the side panel while I finagled the speaker out. The drivers side is a little easier to do, but you basically have to force it, to the point where you think something will break.

moombadaze
10-25-2012, 07:27 AM
thanks, i was hopeing i didnt have to remove the side panels, guess I'll get a little help when the time comes

next question, how did you remove the drivers footwell hump?, I see 2 screws going into the floor and 2 up high on the carpet piece, but how about the cupholder, it looks like its in the way

wolfeman131
10-25-2012, 08:42 AM
guess I'll get a little help when the time comes

volunteer here that will work for beer!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jmvotto
10-25-2012, 09:25 AM
Beer plus plane ticket here, I'll bring gas money:o

moombadaze
10-25-2012, 10:27 AM
volunteer here that will work for beer!

well were the heck were you when I needed ya. I have beer.

wolfeman131
10-25-2012, 11:16 AM
Let me know what day(s) work for you next week.

moombadaze
10-25-2012, 12:02 PM
Let me know what day(s) work for you next week.

at this point its Nov 1st. Boat should be broken by then. come on down, I'll have to go get more beer, Molson, Bush or nati ice ok with ya?

mmandley
10-25-2012, 01:13 PM
at this point its Nov 1st. Boat should be broken by then. come on down, I'll have to go get more beer, Molson, Bush or nati ice ok with ya?

Dam bro if you BROKE a new boat already im pulling the keys...

moombadaze
10-25-2012, 01:32 PM
Dam bro if you BROKE a new boat already im pulling the keys...

haha. not broken, but broken N

ian ashton
10-25-2012, 03:45 PM
thanks, i was hopeing i didnt have to remove the side panels, guess I'll get a little help when the time comes

next question, how did you remove the drivers footwell hump?, I see 2 screws going into the floor and 2 up high on the carpet piece, but how about the cupholder, it looks like its in the way

That's it- you just have to remove the cup holder and also peel back the black edging thing on the vertical fiberglass parts. Be cAreful, the fiberglass likes to chip.

It also takes a lot of wiggling, and only comes out (and goes back in) one way.