PDA

View Full Version : Wake9 Polar Bear video

wolfeman131
10-20-2012, 04:35 PM
Mandley & sandm were lucky enough to make it out to Robert Garcia's (aka ragboy) Wake9 Polar Bear event a few weeks ago. It's a great event where folks get to try out different boards behind different boats.

It's also a time to get a little stupid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS1Ewt1nTAI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

lsvboombox
10-20-2012, 05:39 PM
I like the second dude taking it in the face.. We have done this but never tried to bear hug the bouy

jmvotto
10-20-2012, 05:52 PM
Lol, never thought surfing needed helmets.

mmandley
10-20-2012, 06:12 PM
HAHAHA yea that was Friday night im pretty sure. Saw that Video earlier today.

wolfeman131
10-20-2012, 06:40 PM
Those two are both good, fun guys. I'm going to try and make this event in 2013.

Boonejeepin
10-20-2012, 07:09 PM
Those two are both good, fun guys. I'm going to try and make this event in 2013.

It is on my list for 2013 as well.

Majestic
10-20-2012, 07:40 PM
HAHAHA yea that was Friday night im pretty sure. Saw that Video earlier today.

Yes it was Friday night and there were lots of other good stuff that didn't make the video. Rob Harrington who owned the Supreme that was at the event got close to the buoy and asked me if I wanted to go around it. I still had the rope in my hand so I said "sure". I made other attempts that were short and actually made it around safely but couldn't catch back up to the wave (I think Squid did the same). When Squid hit the buoy we laughed so hard we literally were on the floor of the boat laughing. Finally when on my last try around the buoy I cut down too soon and knew I wasn't going to make it and tried to jump on the buoy. Seeing the video you all know my timing wasn't good.

Even though getting smacked in the face with a buoy that had 500lbs of lead in it it was a great day. Robert bugged me for that video for days and I wasn't sure I wanted to cough it up but it was all in good fun and once I got the preview with the work the kids put in I couldn't say no.

I'm actaully flying back down from Seattle next weekend to ride the Z3 again and maybe get the buoy temptation again.....

wolfeman131
10-20-2012, 08:11 PM
Wait a sec. So, "Majestic" = Mr. Martinez?

Well, thank you sir for being a good sport and sharing the video. I nearly hit the floor laughing, too. As did my wife & kids.

Majestic
10-20-2012, 08:15 PM
Wait a sec. So, "Majestic" = Mr. Martinez?

Well, thank you sir for being a good sport and sharing the video. I nearly hit the floor laughing, too. As did my wife & kids.

Yep thats me. Believe me its been a week and I'm still laughing.

wolfeman131
10-20-2012, 08:18 PM
My wife loved the end of the vid when Thomas asked, "what did we learn?" and lil Jess replies, "stay away from Mr Martinez when he's been away from home for awhile."

Majestic
10-20-2012, 08:20 PM
My wife loved the end of the vid when Thomas asked, "what did we learn?" and lil Jess replies, "stay away from Mr Martinez when he's been away from home for awhile."

Yeah my Wife wasn't digging the humor in that part.

Boonejeepin
10-20-2012, 09:34 PM
Great video. I had to share with my wife and she thought the whole thing was great.

I wish I was there this year.

jpetty3023
10-20-2012, 11:39 PM
Great video, even better looking wave

sent from my ipad2 via a wireless network which usually sucks

mmandley
10-21-2012, 11:20 AM
You might start saving up for this event, Rumor has it and its a pretty good rumor considering the source i herd it from.

This year was 200 per day if you went = 400 for the weekend to surf all the boards and boats this included Breakfast snacks, coffee, and lunch both days. Saturday night was a party with free dinner at Roberts home.

Next year they are requiring the boats to RSVP with a Deposit <good idea i think> Means less boats i bet.

Riders will pay up to 400 per day as there was chatter about renting houseboats instead of people staying in Hotels.

Just food for thought if your actually considering this.

I might have the dollar amounts off in the fact it might have been 200 per person for the entire event this year and 400 per person for the entire event next year. I didnt have to pay anything to be there so i wasnt involved in the expenses, but i got to enjoy the food, and boats LOL.

Majestic
10-21-2012, 11:29 AM
You might start saving up for this event, Rumor has it and its a pretty good rumor considering the source i herd it from.

This year was 200 per day if you went = 400 for the weekend to surf all the boards and boats this included Breakfast snacks, coffee, and lunch both days. Saturday night was a party with free dinner at Roberts home.

Next year they are requiring the boats to RSVP with a Deposit <good idea i think> Means less boats i bet.

Riders will pay up to 400 per day as there was chatter about renting houseboats instead of people staying in Hotels.

Just food for thought if your actually considering this.

I might have the dollar amounts off in the fact it might have been 200 per person for the entire event this year and 400 per person for the entire event next year. I didnt have to pay anything to be there so i wasnt involved in the expenses, but i got to enjoy the food, and boats LOL.

This years event was $200 for the weekend. Houseboats were a suggestion for next year and they are
actually cheaper than the hotels if you had a big enough group.

mmandley
10-21-2012, 12:08 PM
This years event was $200 for the weekend. Houseboats were a suggestion for next year and they are
actually cheaper than the hotels if you had a big enough group.

Ok see i wasnt sure if it was 200 a day or for the event LOL.

How much are the houseboats? Also it comes down to if all the people want to be in that close to people they dont know that well.

For me i liked the hotel it only cost me 150 for the 3 nights. We stayed in Chico

Majestic
10-21-2012, 12:59 PM
Ok see i wasnt sure if it was 200 a day or for the event LOL.

How much are the houseboats? Also it comes down to if all the people want to be in that close to people they dont know that well.

For me i liked the hotel it only cost me 150 for the 3 nights. We stayed in Chico

I payed $200.00 for Friday, Saturday and Sunday but that was with meals, houseboat gas and gas for the Supreme for Friday fun. Being on the water was a plus but if you can't live without phone or Internet its
not for you. I saw it as a huge plus!

sandm
10-21-2012, 06:20 PM
that's not a bad price. had I not already had a room at the paradise, I would have done the boat thing, but I don't think the couple I went with would have..

not sure if I'll do it next year. it was a lot of fun, but from a manuf. standpoint, I'd rather tow a boat up there for perspective buyers, not a bunch of riders. I really think mike should have had my spot since he's truly evaluating the boats and I have no intentions on buying for the next 4-5 years.. there were several that I know were buying(2 of the 5 in my group) and the rest of us were there for fun. sure we all put the word out there, but bet there were others that would have liked to go that are buyers...

anyway, was a great time :)