PDA

View Full Version : bindings

madmax
08-08-2005, 10:07 PM
i am looking for a new set of bindings that will allow me to take long rides without my feet starting to hurt but also have a lot of support. i wear a size 10.5.... any ideas???

helix_rider
08-08-2005, 10:40 PM
I have used at one time or another 7 different bindings and I keep coming to the same conclusion. For my feet, hyperlite bindings are so much better than Liquid Force, and both Hyperlite and LF are better quality than O'Brien. Granted, I bought Hyperlite Parks in 2003, and I've never looked back, so that info may have changed, but since I got the Parks, I have never stopped riding because of my feet. I've never had problems getting in, I've never had problems getting out (they stay in when I fall and yet easy to take off).

I would recommend to anyone to get the Parks (IMO they are ugly this year, but I'm not out there for style :) They will cost you, and every single time you go you will thank yourself for spending the $$$. Check ebay and try to pick up some previous year bindings. Alternatively, I had a great relationship with the guys at Grizzly Sports

http://www.grizzly-sports.com/den/index.htm

That site is their closeout section, but why not get the bindings $130 cheaper...they are still new.

Best of luck! (if you want to spend less, the Era are also good, I just think they are harder to get in/out). My wife and sister have the Temets, and love them, but they have 3 features (cord, strap and Boa system) that I find to simply be overkill.

Oh yeah, my feet are 9.5-10 in most shoes, and I rode a Large for a long time, and have now switched to a Med-Large. I would recommend the Large for you, unless you like your bindings quite tight. Of course, like everyone says, go to a shop and try them on.

Gharvin
08-09-2005, 09:15 AM
Liquid Force Alpha Bindings, need I say more.

stang67
08-09-2005, 10:28 AM
I have had many different bindings over the years. Like helix said I have 03 parks bindings, Havent failed me yet. They are incredibly comfortable and great ankle suppose. One my second board i do have Liquid Force Sphynx. They are extremely comfy as well. They feel like snowboard bindings and are very plush. Everyone that rides them (It is my secord board as well as the one i will allow the firends to ride) says they are great. For your foot size you should be looking to size large bindings from both comapnies.

Wake Master
08-09-2005, 09:58 PM
The Liquid Force Transit bindings are very confortable and you pick up a pair of new 2004 bindings for $149 at

www.evogear.com

AL02REDMOBLSV
08-17-2005, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by helix_rider

I would recommend to anyone to get the Parks (IMO they are ugly this year, but I'm not out there for style :) They will cost you, and every single time you go you will thank yourself for spending the $$$. Check ebay and try to pick up some previous year bindings. Alternatively, I had a great relationship with the guys at Grizzly Sports

http://www.grizzly-sports.com/den/index.htm

That site is their closeout section, but why not get the bindings $130 cheaper...they are still new.

I agree with Helix_rider. I just received my 04 Parks about two weeks ago and I absolutely love them! I have a 9.5 EE size foot. I went with the large bindings because my feet are so wide. Grizzly sports sent me my parks in perfect brand new condition and I love them (they were $212 with shipping)! With my dobule E wide foot and weighing 140, I should probably take up barefooting! Best of luck.

08-19-2005, 04:30 PM
I really like the comfort of the ERA's. They easy to get into using slime, getting out isn't as easy but they are way more comfortable due to the rear entry. I also got them as closeouts from Grizzley Sports.

Andy

suvlako
08-29-2005, 10:54 PM
I am going to disagree with most of my Fellow Moombers. The LF bindings rule this year!! I have now owned the ERA's, Parks, Byerlys, highbacks, and splits and not one of them come close to the LF Teams that I just got. I have also tried the Transits and the Sphynx and all of them were top notch, comfy, and supportive. I was so sold that I even got my wife a pair of Minx's and am selling the byerly bindings that she once had. I would strongly advise you to try demoing any and all bindings. Side note: did not like CWB bindings. Good luck!!

stang67
08-30-2005, 03:17 AM
Well just said how great my parks were. Go out the other weekend to notice the back of the binding had completly ripped. The part that is on the back of your ankle. Wasnt so happy about this. So I now use my Sphynx regularly. And i will keep using these until i can save up enough money, or wait till christmas to get the 06 transits. They are going to be amazing.

helix_rider
09-08-2005, 10:38 PM
Stang,

Although I do love my bindings, my Parks overlay did rip when someone who had a bigger foot than me just yanked on them to get them on without 'slime'. I just called hyperlite up, told them they broke, and they sent out 2 new overlays (so the bindings matched) that day. 15 minutes later, brand new bindings :)

Call them up...at the least they still are a nice pair of loaner bindings.

hawkster49
09-14-2005, 06:37 PM
It's all about the Hyperlite's. I started with Hyperlite Splits but then stepped it up last year to the Temet's. The new Crank system is unbelievable. Makes getting in and out so easy not to mention holds your foot nice and firm but doesn't push on any pressure points.