PDA

View Full Version : Home Depot shoppers

maxpower220
10-15-2012, 09:11 AM
Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic, but I had to get a picture of this. As I left HD, this car drives up for a return. A nice looking girl gets out to get a cart.

I wouldn't have believed it without seeing it. People are amazing (in a negative way). So, never forget that you have a sunroof when hauling lumber.

mnpracing
10-15-2012, 09:20 AM
in the Bimmer to boot!

kaneboats
10-15-2012, 10:11 AM
Maybe she was just board!

deerfield
10-15-2012, 10:13 AM
To avoid that scenario, we bought a utility trailer from Costco for around $500. Have hauled everything from furniture to appliances to carpet to building materials in it. Have loaned it out to friends to get their kids to and from college (mine as well). It has by now more than paid for itself. It is amazing what people will try to fit into their cars. Same thing happens at Best Buy and other bug box stores.

wolfeman131
10-15-2012, 10:21 AM
Love that setup Stuart. Looks like you were heading to the lake w/ the gas cans? We use a Thule cartop carrier like that for our surfboards when we travel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

kaneboats
10-15-2012, 10:32 AM
I picked up a trailer like that but not as pretty for $250 bucks a day before Christmas a couple years ago. The "dirtbike" trailer usually holds a little 4 wheeler, 3 little Hondas and the mower for our 4 acre toy lot. It was going to be the site of our house but it looks like we aren't going to build out there now. Still love the trailer though. It really comes in handy for moving furniture, appliances, mulch. You name it.

tarheelskier
10-15-2012, 12:44 PM
A couple years back I saw a female with a full-sized, real christmas tree in the back seat of a Camry (top was sticking out one of the back windows). No pics, unfortunately, but immediately had 2 thoughts: 1. she will be finding those loose needles for years and 2. she will never have to buy one of those Christmas tree air fresheners again!