PDA

View Full Version : 22ssv?

motosno963
10-14-2012, 07:23 PM
what do you guys think of the 2010 22SSV?..ran across one on craigs..if i cant get the dmax i want i might just put bags in the back of my truck and upgrade my boat..but i want a boat that fits my needs of wake and surf..and the occasional tubing hahah

beat taco
10-14-2012, 08:58 PM
Hurry up and get it so you can post pics!

motosno963
10-14-2012, 09:20 PM
i dont know if it would fit my needs or not haha..
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/eat/boa/3279377224.html

C.Hern5972
10-15-2012, 06:52 AM
That is going to be a beast. I had a gravity games edition and it was a great boat.

jpetty3023
10-15-2012, 08:46 AM
What doesn't a 22SSV do that you need it to do?

sent from my ipad2 via a wireless network which usually sucks

moombahighrider
10-15-2012, 09:09 AM
At that price, it doesn't do low payments.

jmvotto
10-15-2012, 09:16 AM
Moto, dude you are all over the place on buy this sell that, fix this, no boat , bigger boat more toys, less toys. less debt, more debt

Holy Moly

motosno963
10-15-2012, 01:00 PM
i know sorry haha..right now my plans are to either sell my truck and get a new one or fix my boat and get a new one...my minds allll over the place sorry haha..i just ran across this 22ssv and i dont know much about the ssv..thats why im asking about these models because if i do buy a new boat i want the right one, so i can keep it for a while

jpetty3023
10-15-2012, 01:04 PM
You would be able to keep that 22ssv for a while.

sent from my ipad2 via a wireless network which usually sucks

motosno963
10-15-2012, 01:22 PM
but beside the size whats the diff between the 21v and the 22ssv?

jmvotto
10-15-2012, 01:56 PM
check the supra boat archives

http://www.supraboats.com/archive/#

22ssv does not have the playpen and the 21v does, the ssv is designed on the interior for more muti sport family boat i believe. from a wake/surf standpoint i would search WW or ask it over there, you will get alot of responses.

KG's Supra24
10-15-2012, 02:11 PM
JM, you were probably looking at a non "launch" series. I think you can get the 22 with or without playpen.

The difference between the 22 and the 21v is hull. The 22 is more of an all around boat and based off the 20 and 24. The 21v is (prior to the SA) the cleanest wakeboard wake you could get out of Supra. It's not as good at surfing, though, as the others.

I think you can get your answers here if your questions weren't so broad .... and perhaps if you hadn't crield wolf on 5 other boats, 3 other trucks, and getting out of boating all together.

What do you think the 22 can't do you would like it to do?

Its going to make an average wakeboard wake as well as a surf wake.

motosno963
10-16-2012, 01:13 AM
on that note im going to disappear for a while then

KG's Supra24
10-16-2012, 07:44 AM
I wasn't trying to be an ass, man. If you want to discuss the 22, then go for it. All of us love talking boats. But when you approach it as your next buy the responses are going to be slow bc noone believes their input is going to have any bearing on what you do next.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

motosno963
10-19-2012, 11:09 PM
..i know i jump from boat to boat.. but im a guy who makes 11$ an hour..yeaa not much after taxes..and if im going to drop like 40G on a boat i want it to be the one i want for years to come..i bought an outback and realised it was basically junk for what i want to do..im not like half you guys who can afford a brand new boat, truck and house..and when your tired of the boat or truck just sell it off and get an new 60G boat or car..after i pay my bills and put gas in my truck half the time im left with like 2-300$ for myself for two weeks..not including food..thats why im looking at so many different boat.. i see one i like and i might throw it up and ask you guys about it so i dont go and pull out a 40G loan and waste my money like i did on this outback

Lawdog
10-19-2012, 11:23 PM
..i know i jump from boat to boat.. but im a guy who makes 11$ an hour..yeaa not much after taxes..and if im going to drop like 40G on a boat i want it to be the one i want for years to come..i bought an outback and realised it was basically junk for what i want to do..im not like half you guys who can afford a brand new boat, truck and house..and when your tired of the boat or truck just sell it off and get an new 60G boat or car..after i pay my bills and put gas in my truck half the time im left with like 2-300$ for myself for two weeks..not including food..thats why im looking at so many different boat.. i see one i like and i might throw it up and ask you guys about it so i dont go and pull out a 40G loan and waste my money like i did on this outback
I tell you what...it is people like you that overspend on things they cant afford which is one of the reasons for our crappy economy. If you are making $11/hour you shoul probably be more financially RESPONSIBLE and stick with your Outback. When you get a better paying job you should then look more into upgrading. Obviously you have your priorities all screwed up and need to mature a bit.

mmandley
10-20-2012, 12:16 AM
Holy cow did I just open a wake world thread?

Easy guys easy Moto has every right to ask about as many boats and as many trucks as he wants here. It's up to us to not answer the threads if we don't want to read what he is posting about

jpetty3023
10-20-2012, 07:35 AM
simmer down moto!! if you hate the outback so much sell it already, and I highly doubt any financial institution is going to finance you for 50k making 11 bucks an hour. not trying to get in your business but you posted it loud and clear so their ya have it kid

sent from my home phone

jmvotto
10-20-2012, 07:58 AM
Moto, I'm not a mod so I can't do anything about it. But personally I don't appreciate the language, this is not WW and we want it to stay that way. People here value input on others knowledge regarding boats they have been in or owned. Sorry that your boat got banged up and needs some repair. You have gotten some good advice on past threads regarding your situation. We all love to look at boats that are on our " wish" list, but look at it as such, a wish list for now.

The outback can do a lot of things good in order to make boating a fun hobby, surf, ski, board tube and just hang out.Most of us on here are the weekend warriors, with the exception of a few, are not going pro inany of the above.

Stay within you means and you'll be alright.

jpetty3023
10-20-2012, 08:24 AM
great words of advice votto! and a good early morning to ya!

sent from my home phone

jmvotto
10-20-2012, 08:28 AM
Back atcha Petty. (aka Tex). Lol

kaneboats
10-20-2012, 09:31 AM
The other thing is it takes a while to get where many guys on here are with respect to the boat. I saved up and paid cash for a boat I kept for 3 years. I sold it for about what I had in it and put some more cash I saved up with it to get another boat. I kept that one for 3 years. Both of these were outboards I maintained myself to save money. I sold the second one for more than I paid (I would time my buying and selling to buy low, do a lot of cleaning, scrubbing and polishing and sell high while using the boat for 3 years.) I then bought an Outback but had to finance part of it. I bought it Jan. real cheap. I kept if for a couple of years and wet sanded the gel coat and buffed it, replaced the interior doing most of the work myself, put a tower on it. I sold it for $3500 more than I paid for it. Then I put the money down on my LSV, on which I now have a reasonable payment. It was my first new boat. I'll keep it about 7-8 years and then sell it and get another new one. The point is I had and still have a long term plan and have budgeted for having a boat. A young guy would look at me and say "Look at that fat a$$ who just goes out and buys a new Moomba." Well, it didn't exactly happen that way. Also, I drive an 11 year old truck so I can have a boat for the kids. We take one family vacation a year-- to the lake with the boat. Never been on a cruise or a fancy vacation.

I know a lot of guys on here who make their own sacrifices in their own way to be able to "afford" a boat. Most have put in the time and worked their way up to it by being smart and taking good care of their stuff. That's partly why most of them are such good guys. We wish you and all the guys who read the comments on her the best and we will help you the best we can. There's nothing wrong with dreaming a little but an action plan is the way to go if you ask me. Smart decisions with an ultimate goal in mind.

maxpower220
10-20-2012, 09:47 AM
I bought my first boat when I was 26. It cost $8900 and I kept it just over 5 years and paid the loan I had on it off. Much like Kane, I went through the purchase and sell of several boats over many years. At the same time, I gained more responsibility in life (wife/family, house, etc) and my income grew. Almost 20 yrs later, I have a financial plan for boating. It takes time and work. If my first boat was a new G25, I doubt that I would appreciate things (and money) as much as I do now.

While I realize that everyone can't do this, I don't believe in debt. I can't possibly fathom going into debt for a car, motorcycle, or boat at this point in my life. If I can't save for it and pay cash, I don't get it. I wait until I can. It's tough! It's even tougher when it seems like every other post on forums is "Ordered my new boat" or "just got my new truck".

Focus on what you really want, plan for it, and take action on that plan.

Like before, what is your plan for investing in retirement. At your age, you need to get started and that is more important than any hobby. I wish that I had started earlier, even if it is just a little.

moombadaze
10-20-2012, 10:18 AM
Smart decisions with an ultimate goal in mind.

Great advise that I wish someone had givin me years ago

wolfeman131
10-20-2012, 10:32 AM
Moto, I'm not a mod so I can't do anything about it. But personally I don't appreciate the language, this is not WW and we want it to stay that way.

just so folks don't think JV has been pounding memosas this morning, the foul language and insult was removed. Further posts like that will get ya booted off here, moto.

You've been given some great advice. By the way, you got it for FREE from folks that not only have a bit more life experience, but are professionals in the world of financial planning and accounting. What you decide to do with the advice is up to you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jmvotto
10-20-2012, 10:41 AM
just so folks don't think JV has been pounding memosas this morning

Who says I wasn't.;)

wolfeman131
10-20-2012, 10:48 AM
You only need to let it run for 11 sec

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=solr1W5idNY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Figure this is more your style

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mmandley
10-20-2012, 11:08 AM
Moto your doing fine bud, i know it gets frustrating some times. I have told more then one person on here. If i was where you are at your age i would have done a lot different.

Me and Claudia saved 20K for our 08 LSV and i got it as a year left over and saved another 15K on the sticker.
I just sold if for 3K less then i paid for it 4 years ago because i took great care of it and i really only lost the stereo and some upgrades in money.

We just built a new home last year and odly enough when i sold my older home we were paying close to 1700 a month for mortgage and insurance. On the new home we pay right at 1400 so i actually saved money.

We recently sold her old car and bought her a new one and again between the fuel we save on her new one versus her old one we are actually saving 150 a month total.

SO in the last 2 years even thouh we bought a new home and car we saved 450 a month out of pocket expenses.

Not to mention the last 4 years we put almost 1K a month into savings incase something bad ever happens.

All this was due to some FREE advise i got here from some older people then me <not to many here that are> that i listened to and really looked at spending.

Now im not the type to eat out much, i dont have kids, and me and Claudia do have good jobs but most important we live with a end goal in mind and we stick to it. Were not perfect by any means and i too look at these guys buying new boats and trucks and think man id like that, but then i think of all i do have and im thankfull too, including my friends here on the forum.

I will be getting a new boat soon as well but i have set myself up to afford this with out really changing my master budget, would i like a 90K boat hell yes, can i afford it, yea i think i can swing it but it would devistate my master budget so i will keep my new boat with in reason and make sure the payment isnt more then 100 over my last boat. This way it is a managable change to my master plan.

sandm
10-20-2012, 11:47 AM
good words mike.

life is all about making choices. I see all the jacked up diesel trucks on here and then go home and look at my 13year old ford f150. sure would be nice to have a nice new truck, but I chose to buy a little more expensive boat and know that I'll not have a fancy truck in the driveway anytime soon. choices....

moombahighrider
10-20-2012, 01:17 PM
Moto, I never would have thought that I'd be where I am now when I was your age. It is amazing what can happen in just a few years if you work hard at what you do and build who you are and what skills you have.

I think it's cool that you have an inboard boat already. Yes, it's expensive (most boats are, but particularly inboards), and you have experienced this with your older boat. Honestly, a newer boat means much more expense (everything from buying it to insurance, which is non-negotiable, to maintenance to upgrades, etc, etc).

Get your head down and work hard at what you do. Enjoy the boat you are blessed to already have and look at it as an investment. Fix it up, bit by bit, when you can afford it. In a few years, when you sell it for maybe more than you bought it for, you can enjoy that new to you boat and know that you worked your butt off to get where you are, and you can have that sense of accomplishment that most of us on here have.

Just remember that 'this too will pass'. Our situations are continually changing and we owe it to ourselves to make the most of wherever we might be right now.

Most all on here are good guys, I'm sure, and will give you all the time in the day, provided they see a reason to take you seriously.

Oh, and go ahead and keep looking at nice boats. When you can afford one, you'll know exactly what you want! I hope we hear from you again soon.

rdlangston13
10-20-2012, 02:36 PM
Problem with looking at nice boats for me is by the time I can afford one they will be toy different than what's out now. May not be a bad thing tho but I don't see how I could want that SA to change much.

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk

Canuckle Head
10-20-2012, 06:09 PM
I've been contemplating a new boat but with all the wake surfing innovations coming out these days I think I am going to wait at least another season. We'll see.........

beat taco
10-20-2012, 07:52 PM
The good news is it doesn't matter what boat you own or how nice it is for the next 8 months!
Joking aside no matter what boat I've owned I wanted a new one every summer for 15 years, then put it away and don't care for 9 months.

rdlangston13
10-20-2012, 08:20 PM
8 months?? Ha! Not where I live!

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk

beat taco
10-20-2012, 08:51 PM
8 more months of this and it's boating season!

jpetty3023
10-20-2012, 09:00 PM
screw that beat. we boat 9+ months here and with a high of low 90's right now, maybe gonna go 2 more months

sent from my home phone

jmvotto
10-20-2012, 09:27 PM
Rub it in why don't ya.....:(