PDA

View Full Version : Opps, I did it again...

ian ashton
10-14-2012, 05:21 PM
I finally pulled the trigger on ordering our new boat; a 2013 Outback V. Unsure what I am going to do with our 2008 Outback DD; might sell it, might trade it in, or dad might keep it.

I think the spray date will be late February or March, more to come on that.

Here is a picture from the colorizer of what it will look like; I Photoshop'd the platform green (it comes as lime online, but I'm going to request to do it green), and I removed the graphics;

https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16312&d=1350248885

Black Main, Black Deck, Intense Green Hull, Intense Green Accent

Interior will be Sky Grey / Silver Apex with Intense Green accent panels.

Option list;
Heater
Digital Cruise Pro & Wakeplate
Full cover
Bimini
Flip-up Drivers Seat Bolster
Stainless Rub-rail (black rubber)
Ski-Pylon
Tandem Axle Trailer (Green, no stripe)
Laser cut back-lit steps
Swing Away Tongue

I didn't order pop-up cleats because I plan to transfer the Moomba stamped/cast/whatever cleats from my '08 onto this boat, so I will just eBay some plain cleats to replace on that boat. I also have 4 pin cleats for fenders (an idea I first saw on Cobalt boats that I think is absolutely awesome.) I now need to get the blue XM9's resprayed green :)

I also scored a brand new snap bow cover on eBay for $15 shipped, so I'll install that (along with all of the stereo equipment from my current boat) once it arrives.

rdlangston13
10-14-2012, 05:28 PM
congrats ian! i like that green and black combo

ian ashton
10-14-2012, 05:35 PM
I had my heart set on black and blue, but Laura (who gets final veto power) wanted something completely different than what we have. SC doesn't have a good orange (which would have been the first choice) so the Lime was the only option. I really like how loud it is too, I must say.

KRAK
10-14-2012, 07:14 PM
Can't go wrong with black and green!!! Nice lookin boat :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmvotto
10-14-2012, 08:03 PM
Congrats, thought there was some family planning in moving away from blue..

lewisb13
10-14-2012, 08:24 PM
Looks sick! When do you plan on placing the deposit?

ian ashton
10-14-2012, 08:36 PM
Just did in Friday :)

wolfeman131
10-14-2012, 09:35 PM
Nice & congrats, Ian.

FWIW, I wish I had gone w/ Zero Off vs the DCP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jmb
10-14-2012, 09:38 PM
I decided to buy a 24 foot Grady White. It's going to have the Tuna Tower on it and a full head and Galley. Twin 150 Yamaha's on the back.

Just kidding!!!!

kaneboats
10-15-2012, 10:05 AM
Congrats, Ian! Gonna love the v-space for the growing family. Color will definitely be different. Enjoy!

jmvotto
10-15-2012, 10:14 AM
Nice & congrats, Ian.

FWIW, I wish I had gone w/ Zero Off vs the DCP.

ZO is aewsome..

ian ashton
10-15-2012, 11:21 AM
I was on the fence about the Zero-Off gps cruise; I upgraded our DD to Stargazer and love it. Having played with Digital Cruise Pro in the 2013 LSV I just couldn't justify the added expense in the purchase price; the only real difference that I'll experience (aside from the "accuracy" of GPS based speed control) is user profiles, which my wife and dad can't figure out how to use anyway, so no real benefit to anyone but me, lol.

I'm sure that I'll end up upgrading it down the road :)

I also plan to retro-fit the Roswell swivel racks to the OZ tower (I can't get over the crappyness of the new swivel racks).

KG's Supra24
10-15-2012, 12:15 PM
Congrats on the new ride!

wolfeman131
10-15-2012, 01:34 PM
I was on the fence about the Zero-Off gps cruise; I upgraded our DD to Stargazer and love it. Having played with Digital Cruise Pro in the 2013 LSV I just couldn't justify the added expense in the purchase price; the only real difference that I'll experience (aside from the "accuracy" of GPS based speed control) is user profiles, which my wife and dad can't figure out how to use anyway, so no real benefit to anyone but me, lol.

I'm sure that I'll end up upgrading it down the road :)

I also plan to retro-fit the Roswell swivel racks to the OZ tower (I can't get over the crappyness of the new swivel racks).

Ian, as you like to slalom, I would offer up that you reconsider as I think you would benefit from a more consistent speed that the ZO will provide. I have seen my DCP fluctuate from 10.2 to 11.7 mph when it was set at 11.1 mph for surfing. Maybe the slower speed and ballast impacted it, but it is annoying when surfing.

For the swivel racks, are you talking about the Skylon produced ones with the pop up knob or the StarOne with the pin? If it's the StarOne, I agree. If its the Skylon ones, I couldn't disagree more! I think the Skylon racks are some of the best I've seen.

RickT
10-15-2012, 02:45 PM
That is great to hear!!

ian ashton
10-15-2012, 05:19 PM
That is great to hear!!

I'm hoping to get some progress reports and pictures of the process! When I ordered our 2008 Outback we came down for a factory tour, which was an awesome experience - not sure if I'll be able to swing that this time around as we have a new baby on the way, selling a house, buying a house, and am starting a new position at work - lots going on so I need the SC gods to keep me entertained!

04OUTBACK
10-15-2012, 09:39 PM
Congrats. Looks great. I was in Michigan last week. Frost. Ugh. Too cold.

mmandley
10-16-2012, 01:01 PM
Ian i was wondering when you would mention something as to your plans, i have seen your add for your boat online.

I was in a boat this weekend with digital Indmar cruise as the guy called it. Watching it surge from 10.4 to 11.2 and the constant drown of the engine surging up and down almost put me to sleep LOL.

bergermaister
10-16-2012, 01:32 PM
Congrats Ian!

Tis the season (year) for getting a new boat it looks like! Seems like its going on all over here.