PDA

View Full Version : Wanted to Buy - Mobius LSV

smitty75
10-10-2012, 12:03 PM
Looking for a Mobius LSV, preferably 2006 or newer but I'm open minded. Unfortunately, my budget is limited to 20-25k. I have an LS that I have on my radar that I am going to check out this weekend that may fit the bill, but would probably prefer the LSV if I had the opportunity. However, I've been looking for a while (all over the damn place) and haven't had much luck so I'm starting to lean more towards the LS. If anyone is itching to sell their LSV for that 2013 upgrade, I'm here and ready to purchase. Please keep in mind that I am firm on my budget as a new camper drained most of my funds.

parrothd
10-10-2012, 12:11 PM
Looking for a Mobius LSV, preferably 2006 or newer but I'm open minded. Unfortunately, my budget is limited to 20-25k. I have an LS that I have on my radar that I am going to check out this weekend that may fit the bill, but would probably prefer the LSV if I had the opportunity. However, I've been looking for a while (all over the damn place) and haven't had much luck so I'm starting to lean more towards the LS. If anyone is itching to sell their LSV for that 2013 upgrade, I'm here and ready to purchase. Please keep in mind that I am firm on my budget as a new camper drained most of my funds.

http://www.reachoo.com/ads/76020477?utm_source=claz :)

lewisb13
10-10-2012, 12:34 PM
You might have a slightly tough time at your budget level. Just sold my 05 in July for 25k with 170 hours on her and most would probably agree that I gave it away. To get into an 06 that doesn't have a pile of hours on it I think you'll have to wait until 2013 or find someone in a serious bind at your price point. I would be extremely skeptical of any 06 that you'll find at that price point. Again this is just my experience and ultimately my opinion.

bergermaister
10-10-2012, 12:38 PM
^^ What he said. If you're itching for the space of a v-drive over a d-drive it is very worth it to bump up your budget now (somehow) vs. sitting their for years constantly wishing you would have.

wolfeman131
10-10-2012, 12:42 PM
Here comes the echo . . . .

WAIT until you hav another $5k and somebody has had to make payments over the Holidays while the boat isn't being used then snag what you want in Jan, Feb, March. I think you will be hard pressed to find a decent 06+ LSV for $25k.

KG's Supra24
10-10-2012, 01:05 PM
Agreed on the waiting for V-drive if its even crossing your mind.

Have you talked with this guy ....

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?19259-2006-Moomba-Mobius-LSV-Custom-30K

It is on ebay for with a buy it now for 27k.

bergermaister
10-10-2012, 01:34 PM
V-drive V-drive V-drive V-drive

ryan_8099
10-10-2012, 02:22 PM
We were in the same boat :-D last year, budget and all. We looked at a few DD as the v-drives were quite a bit more rare here, but we ultimately decided we weren't going to compromise. V-drive is the way to go unless you are looking for a slalom wake. Ended up with our 2000 Mobius V and have been pretty happy so far. I think you are going to be hard pressed getting a 2006+ for that price as the only other V-Drive we saw was another 00 Mobius for 25k (overpriced IMO) that had the factory ballast, tower, 500ish hrs. FWIW, we paid 16,500 for ours with 550 hours. It had no tower, ballast, stereo, nothing. Added a Monster Tower, 3 bag ballast system and perfect pass. When all was said and done, we probably ended up in the 20-25k range.

I would agree with others, either hold off and try to up your budget to get into the years you are looking at or compromise on age. IMO, it is more about the condition vs just the year (except for hull differences which I know nothing about). Sure our boat is 12 years old, but it came with a brand new interior and still had pretty low hours for how old it was. We can literally do anything on our boat (Slalom, surf, wakeboard etc) and it is going to be hard to justify upgrading as long as it keeps running good. Great starter boat for us

sandm
10-10-2012, 02:47 PM
Here comes the echo . . . .

WAIT until you hav another $5k and somebody has had to make payments over the Holidays while the boat isn't being used then snag what you want in Jan, Feb, March. I think you will be hard pressed to find a decent 06+ LSV for $25k.

agree with this, but I think 27-28 will get you a decent deal in the middle of the winter. so much of it depends on the area of the country you are in, but there's been several 05-07 20-21ft boats up here that have sold in the upper-20's recently.

mmandley
10-10-2012, 02:51 PM
If your making payments on a boat and thinking of selling this time a year, You have to be honest with yourself.

Is holding out for that 2K more worth 5 or 6 months in payments.

I know i wanted more for mine in the start and then settles for a bit less because in the end, 6 months of no payments is like getting more for my boat anyhow. Plus i wont have to worry about trying to sell it next season when every other jacker trys. I know for me selling now saved apx 3Gs just in payments. SO that alone was like getting an extra 3000 on top of what i was asking.

jmvotto
10-10-2012, 05:42 PM
Echo, echo echo....

wolfeman131
10-10-2012, 07:42 PM
I know for me selling now saved apx 3Gs just in payments. SO that alone was like getting an extra 3000 on top of what i was asking.

Only if 100% of your payment was interest and/or you assumed a high rate of depreciation due to the 2013 LSV redesign.

E4NASH
10-10-2012, 09:28 PM
As someone who has had both, first the LS then my current LSV I say hold out! You will wish you had! I had my LS for one season and then the next season I promptly upgraded to the LSV. I agree with Drew wait until the winter or early spring you may find what you are looking for then but it'll be tough to find an 06 in your range. Maybe try and save the extra $$$$ between now and February. Unless you really like to ski go v-drive all the way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smitty75
10-10-2012, 09:43 PM
There was a 2006 outback v that just sold in my area for 25k, and had around 220 hours and was very clean. However, I talked myself out of it because I was set on the mobius hull, whether an ls or lsv. Space isn't really an issue, it's usually only 2 or 3 of us out at a time so the dd seems to be a good alternative if I can't find an LSV in my price range. Most of my time will be relaxing, but i definitely want to be able to wake board and surf a little bit, even if I have to tote a couple fat sacs to help out. That's why I'm looking 2006+, seems like they did a good job with the wake hull from what I have read online.

I'm going riding behind a 2006 mobius ls this weekend. It's got the wakeplate and tripple ballast system. No idea how it's going to be, but if it's anything like the supra dd I was behind the end of last summer, I'll be more than content. If not, guess I will wait it out for an LSV. These pictures were behind the supra dd wake with just factory ballast and about 5 people.1628016281

wolfeman131
10-10-2012, 09:49 PM
Yeah, an Outback V for that year & price is in the ballpark and probably close to what I'd call a steal. But, you can't compare it to a '06 LSV as its a completely different boat.

Check the archives for specs on the models by year. The down & dirty is that the Pre-06 LSV hull became the Outback V from 06-08, then was redesigned in 09 (new gen OBV). The 06-12 LSV is longer by 1.5 ft, much deeper, wider, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mmandley
10-10-2012, 09:52 PM
Only if 100% of your payment was interest and/or you assumed a high rate of depreciation due to the 2013 LSV redesign.

My intrest was only 7% lowest the CU gives on a recreation loan. I based that on the fact that when the new Season comes around i might have paid 3K more to the boat but as more and more boats come up for sale id have to lower my price to stay ahead of the pack. I already sold my boat more then 3K under what i should have sold it for.

If it wasnt the fact i paid so fare under the MSRP when it was new i wouldnt have got a lot of chedder out of the deal.

jmvotto
10-10-2012, 10:44 PM
Here is another one

http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=35403

zlloyd1
10-11-2012, 09:02 PM
I know it isn't exactly what you are looking for but it is in the bottom of your price range and the price is negotiable. Contact me on here via PM if you are interested at all. I'm located in Southeast Georgia
http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=30552