PDA

View Full Version : Supra SA Demo Day-Hot Springs Arkansas, October 20th

DLWS
10-09-2012, 06:45 PM
Hosted by Diamond Lakes WaterSports. Come drive the new Supra SA!

October 20th on Lake Hamilton in Hot Springs Arkansas. Boats will be docked at Entergy Park (Carpenter Dam) from 1:00 PM until we are done. We will have on hand a new 2013 Supra SA 450 White Worlds Edition and a new Moomba Mojo. Drive, wakeboard, surf, skate, all you want. Sign up for your spot soon!

Email diamondlakesws (at) yahoo.com for more details.

DLWS
10-15-2012, 05:23 PM
Plenty of spots still open for anyone who wants to attend. RSVP would be much appreciated.

KG's Supra24
10-15-2012, 06:30 PM
I will come by if Dusty cancels or date. :o

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

KG's Supra24
10-22-2012, 10:18 AM
Dusty cancelled ....

I dropped by for a little bit on the way somewhere else. I didn't get to spend a ton of time down there but here is a quick list of take aways that I noticed (no particular order).....

1. Pretty
2. Interior quality is top notch and everything is tight and fit (guy who just bought a G23 was making similar comments). The driver integration with the manual switches and screen has to be one of the best in the industry. Adjusting perfect pass speed on the steering wheel is great.
3. Bow is huge, cabin is ok, sunpad is inexistent. It is a different layout than our crew is used to.
4. I was a big fan of the transom area once I sat back there and utilized it, I wasn't sure based on pictures
5. I didn't think I used the windshield in my boat ... i def wouldn't in this one. There is very little sight room between the top of the dash and the windshield. Didn't bother me and it was sweet being able to raise and lower the seat electronically.
6. Tower was sturdy, boat handled chop great, it turned on a dime. Everything I've read about the performance characteristics is right, it is a beast. Drives loaded better than mine does unloaded.
7. Cleats still seem to be an issue. There isn't a cleat on the widest part of the boat and I noticed people trying to find a place to put one in the middle. I have the same issue with my boat.
8. Motor is no doubt a beast. I stood around waiting for it to take off so we could hear it and my buddy immediately commented "that would get old". You can tell the exhaust is tuned and it is loud. It also made it very noticeable when perfect pass was adjusting the speed. This was the 450.
9. Even though the nose looks low, we were fully loaded ballast with 2 girls up front and the nose wasn't a concern at all. It would definitely allow more weight up front before becoming an issue, if at all.

The important stuff:

1. Wake was immediately clean. As soon as the boat planed it was ready to go on both sides of the wake. This is new to Supra and the reason I have been browsing through bu's. It planed quicker than any boat I have been on too.
2. The transition is longer than what I am used to. It was firm and didn't have as sharp of a lip at the top.
3. We could ride much slower. We usually ride around 24 and we dropped it down to 22 and the wake was still clean behind us. We were running full factory plug n play.

Overall I was impressed. I really appreciate the fact they fixed the finickiness of the wake. For me, personally, I'd like 2 more feet on the boat (all in the cabin/sunpad area), but hey, I'm not buying one anytime soon so no reason to worry about me.

KG's Supra24
10-22-2012, 10:23 AM
A couple pics from the phones.

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i401/kwgarner24/DSC_0072.jpg

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i401/kwgarner24/2012-10-20_14-02-59_999.jpg

Bow Space!!!!
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i401/kwgarner24/2012-10-20_15-41-16_31.jpg

Pic of the wake. This is full factory plug n play, 22mph, 70ft.
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i401/kwgarner24/DSC_0062.jpg

KG's Supra24
10-22-2012, 10:27 AM
I'm sure I left some of my thoughts out so let me know if anyone has any questions.

They did have a Mojo out there. The SA was so sparkly I couldn't take my eyes off it, though. :( I might get a chance to get out on the Mojo before it gets too cold, though. If i do, I'll be sure to get pics and thoughts.

rdlangston13
10-22-2012, 04:42 PM
So overall if you had the money would it be that or a boat equal value of a different make/model?

dusty2221
10-22-2012, 05:08 PM
Me! Me! I know the answer!

KG's Supra24
10-22-2012, 05:23 PM
First, if I had that kind of money the first thing I'd do is make it rain on Dusty's mom ... she deserves it.

Second, I'd probably go with the same boat (different length) from another manufacturer. :p.

Here is my concern with Supra. I always thought it was a great boat and nailed the price point between the big 3 and the budget minded boats. Now I hear their pricing is going to be up there with the big 3. What I always thought was great was that Supra did compete right near the big 3 but the price was better. Better value essentially. I'm sure they know way more about the market, perhaps they were "lost" in the mix between the two groups, but I'm def bummed to hear the price tags on the SA models.

I was told the MSRP on the World's 450 we rode was $115k.

In a simple world and in my mind ... I don't see the MXZ selling if the SA is 15k less. I don't see the SA selling if it's the same price as the MXZ.

dusty2221
10-22-2012, 05:25 PM
In other words,

"I would like to make the move to a Bu 23LSV, but if cash were not issue I would be in a 24MXZ quicker than I can make Dusty's moms panties drop"

And on that note, I feel the same. I try not to think about my mom's panties though.

bergermaister
10-22-2012, 05:39 PM
http://www.brbfood.com/images/member/like-example.png

I may get in trouble for laughing out loud too much today...

jpetty3023
10-22-2012, 05:53 PM
haha holy hell.... this is gonna be a great thread!!

on a side note, do we really have the supra bromance looking at bouncing to another manufacture!

sent from my home phone