PDA

View Full Version : How to remove perfect Pass

kenidaho
10-08-2012, 07:23 PM
I have a LSV with a perfect pass. the display of the perfect pass is no longer working. I have talked to perfect pass and they said send it to them to look at it. I tried to take it out yesterday. Do you have to take the dash off to do this? If so how do you remove the dash

thanks

lewisb13
10-08-2012, 08:43 PM
You should be able to get on your back and look up under the helm.

rsinger
10-08-2012, 11:06 PM
NUMBER ONE---------- DISCONNECT THE BATTERY

On my outback there were 4 primary nuts and washers, on studs holding the instrument cluster to the dash. When you're under there looking at the back of the dash they are at approximately 1 o'clock, 5 o'clock, 7 o'clock and 11 o'clock, about a third of the way from the outside edges of the cluster. Removing these should allow you to push the cluster out the front of the dash. I think the nuts might be 3/8 inch.

There might also be a u shaped piece of 1/2 inch wide plate holding the specific display into place within the instrument cluster. If so there are 2 small nuts holding this u shape into place.

Hope I'm on the right track and this helps.

But if memory serves. I just installed this a few months ago. You should only have to remove the u shaped plate and the gauge should slide out through the front of the dash. Mine was a pretty tight fit and I had to put a fair bit of pressure on it just to get it in. I also used a little bit of "wire lube" to help reduce the friction.