PDA

View Full Version : Ronix ballast system

wolfeman131
10-07-2012, 04:34 PM
Wow. It's amazing to see the R&D dollars and resulting products that are focused on wakesurfing. The big boys are recognizing the potential for this and folks better get on board or be left behind.

Think about it. Malibu is banking on SurfGate. I spent 2 days on a SurfGate boat and I think they have a huge hit on their hands for 90% of the folks out there. Not a great wave, but better than just good for weekend warriors.

I spent a few hours at the World Wakesurf Championships with none other than Jimmy Redmon. Who is he, you ask? Just the founder of Liquid Force. Super cool guy, really personable and ready to make mucho dinero with wakesurf products.

So, check out these vids of a new ballast system coming from Ronix. Looks pretty dang impressive and I love the simple ingenuity of it all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8hqJOiuf8Y&sns=em

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AT69pSK3E3E&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jpetty3023
10-07-2012, 06:58 PM
looks good. he give an idea on cost? ill gladly T and E for them and do a full write up with video/pics. I'd like to grab one or two and make my own little ghetto IBS

sent from my home phone

jmvotto
10-07-2012, 11:10 PM
What kind of pump and what gph is it?

jmvotto
10-07-2012, 11:29 PM
Just listened to the vid, I had it on mute when I watched it first.

Pump is the rule 3700 bilge , very fast but this system will be spendy as the pump is 175 without the hose, fittings and 12 volt... Great idea and wow, really fast.

bergermaister
10-08-2012, 12:40 AM
Looks like 1.5" pool vacuum hose they're using.

Great for throwable bags but what about plumbed in systems? Still - spendy...

mmandley
10-08-2012, 09:21 AM
WOW thats pretty impressive, i see that selling big next year. The guys that already run outside ballast bags will be the first in line i think.

Now make an inport for that and i think you will get a lot fot he people like me who like invisable ballast jumping on board.

I better make a stop in at Wake Makers and chat them up on this LOL.

sandm
10-08-2012, 09:38 AM
this stuff can continue to get faster and faster, but at some point you hit a diminishing return. I personally don't mind 5 minutes to fill 1400 lbs. it's a good excuse to drink a beer and socialize.

there's a reason my boat doesn't have a clock in it :)

mmandley
10-08-2012, 09:46 AM
this stuff can continue to get faster and faster, but at some point you hit a diminishing return. I personally don't mind 5 minutes to fill 1400 lbs. it's a good excuse to drink a beer and socialize.

there's a reason my boat doesn't have a clock in it :)

HAHA i see what your saying brutha.

I used to feel the same way when it took us 30 minutes to go reg to goofy, till i realized we wasted 2 hours a day flipping side to side, then we re did the ballast this year and ive been extreamly pleased with it.

I have no real desire then to flip over side to side any faster then 10 minutes honestly. But for those that like bags laying all over the boat, this is a HUGE upgrade oppertunity.

One of the primary reasons i have no real interest in the Malibu Surf Gate option is i dont need need to switch sides in 4 seconds. I also am not truly sold on its real function till i try it in person. I have herd to many issues with it trying to steer the boat when its deployed and from all the pics and video the wave just doesnt look as good as its advertised. It might be perfect for the weekend warrior but 5K minimum for that upgrade..IDK...

sandm
10-08-2012, 10:51 AM
I can see the advantage with bags laying all over. glad I don't have that problem anymore :)

not to get too off topic, but I haven't seen a wake yet on the surfgate that looks fantastic. glad they are spending r&d money on it and I can say it would be nice to see a boat that produces a world class wave without all the ballast, but I think it really boils down to displacing water and you need weight to do it properly.. part of the reason I never got ed's minimalist surfing. sure, I can ride a board behind my buddies boomerang and there's enough there to carry me along, but what fun is it? I want a long large wave with a lot of push that I can play on. surfgate doesn't look like it'll do that.

anyone notice the crappy wake in the ronix video as well? pretty washed out. I know that's not what they are selling, but at least get a decent wave to help sell your product..

bergermaister
10-08-2012, 11:12 AM
anyone notice the crappy wake in the ronix video as well? pretty washed out. I know that's not what they are selling, but at least get a decent wave to help sell your product..

Seriously.... They need a Marketing guy to help them out with their stuff...

sandm
10-08-2012, 12:42 PM
sure wish I knew one :)

motosno963
10-08-2012, 03:52 PM
i couldnt watch the virst video..it said it was private

rdlangston13
10-08-2012, 05:49 PM
Same here, could not see it

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk

jpetty3023
10-08-2012, 06:04 PM
y'all need some fruity products?!! both opened fine with my iPad and iPhone

sent from my home phone

mmandley
10-08-2012, 06:10 PM
I was at wake makers today and they said the first video was supposed to be private only. Ronin didn't want to release it publicly

I assume that's why your having problems viewing it right now.

jmvotto
10-08-2012, 09:00 PM
Yep they shut it down..

jpetty3023
10-08-2012, 09:09 PM
hope wolfey not in hot water for sharing. why they trying to be so quite anyways, it's about time to start stocking up in the off season

sent from my home phone

wolfeman131
10-08-2012, 09:32 PM
Interesting that they shut it down. I found it pretty easy, thought it was produced well and I like the timing - just before the Holidays and boat shows.

Hope we see more about it soon.

mmandley
10-08-2012, 11:19 PM
I herd they shut it down because they want to release a much nicer video. This was just a testing video they had.

motosno963
10-09-2012, 02:56 AM
way to get us excited drew and kill it for us haha

bergermaister
10-09-2012, 11:08 AM
Go ahead, kill the messenger.

spencerwm
10-19-2012, 06:02 PM
http://youtu.be/C5ZDm9K0qAw

The video has been edited and replaced. This is just the beginning. You guys probably won't use this product much but you will use the products to follow. Happy Friday.

PS: For everyone that has emailed today about the new bags in the "on sale" section... The answer is yes. Your Moomba Coupon does indeed work on those bags. If you do not have it PM another member or give us a call.

Boonejeepin
10-19-2012, 06:17 PM
Do tell what the products to follow will be.

jmvotto
06-08-2013, 07:27 AM
Where did this thread go to die, no word in over 6 months

wolfeman131
06-08-2013, 08:57 AM
From what I have seen/read, the release date is later this month or early July. Wakemakers has them on their site, but i dont think you can add them to your cart yet.

http://www.wakemakers.com/wakeboard-ballast-bags?p=2

motosno963
06-11-2013, 10:49 PM
i was hoping that someone bought one..im tempted to try one out