PDA

View Full Version : Boat shopping

Bombguy
10-07-2012, 11:17 AM
I currently own a 2005 Mobius LS. Went to my local dealer yesterday to look at a 2012 Mobius LSV they have on the lot. My wife noticed a 2012 Mojo 2.5 sitting next to it, so they uncovered it and we looked it over. I was totally wowed by the Mojo, roomy and lots of bells and whistles, and only about $6K difference in price from the LSV. The Mojo is a lot of boat, and I'm thinking we would likely not outgrow it, but that's what I thought about the LS we have.

mmandley
10-07-2012, 11:21 AM
If you can get a 2012 Mojo you should be spending right around 60K for them pretty well loaded up.

Theres a ton of difference in the Mojo and the LSV. Same as the differences in the OBV to the LSV. There pretty significant once you line them up next to each other.

If your really looking at a 2012 i would lean towards the Mojo and try to get a couple G off it. As a 2012 left over they can give a lot deeper discounts.

Bombguy
10-07-2012, 01:56 PM
MSRP on the one I'm looking at was $61K, they are offering it for $55K and change. Pretty well loaded up. Upgraded tower, swivel racks, snap in carpet, dual batteries with charger, 5 channel amp with speakers all over the place. I'm sure there's more. The Mobius LSV was discounted to about $49K, but it was pretty well loaded too. The size of the Mojo is what I like.

I'll revisit them when I take my boat in for winterization in a couple of weeks, if they still have it, let the negotiations begin. If I do buy it, it's gonna be a long winter waiting to play.

kaneboats
10-08-2012, 11:05 AM
You're gonna love your Mojo. Hope you gitter done!

Bombguy
10-16-2012, 06:11 PM
Signed the deal this morning. Here's the boat. I'll post pics of my own when I take delivery. They are going to put 750 lb sacks in the rear in place of the 400s.

http://www.skiersmarine.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?sid=05943415X10K16K2012J5I0 7I42JPMQ5898R0&veh=267134&pov=2823078

Gonna be a loooong winter.

wolfeman131
10-16-2012, 06:18 PM
NICE!

Now, update your signature.

Tell them to keep the 750's and give you a credit and/or put 1,100's back there.

If you like to surf, check out the thread I put up about upgrading the ballast system.

wolfeman131
10-16-2012, 06:20 PM
Are you getting fixed or swivel board racks?

sandm
10-16-2012, 06:36 PM
follow wolfe's advice. 1100's in the back will be a start to a stellar wave..

the mojo shane brought had swivel down low and fixed at the top of the towers. it impeded putting the tower down inside the boat. need to figure out how to put 4 swivels on the tower he had. they held fat surf style boards which was nice...

Bombguy
10-16-2012, 06:44 PM
Racks are swivel.

I'll have to see if they'll work with me for bigger sacks.

Bombguy
10-16-2012, 06:46 PM
NICE!

Now, update your signature.

Tell them to keep the 750's and give you a credit and/or put 1,100's back there.

If you like to surf, check out the thread I put up about upgrading the ballast system.

Wife and daughter are just learning to surf. We didn't have much luck with the Mobius. I'll check out your thread. Thanks!!

wolfeman131
10-16-2012, 07:02 PM
Racks are swivel.

I'll have to see if they'll work with me for bigger sacks.

OK - before you pick up the boat, BE ABSOLUTELY SURE that they have put the Skylon produced swivel racks on the boat vs the StarOne produced racks. The Skylon racks are the 2013 racks and have a pull knob vs a pin for locking them in place. The 2012 StarOne racks will damage your tower.

There will be a HUGE difference in the wave you were able to get out of your LS vs the Mojo. If you all want to head to the ATL, we can help you learn to surf.

moombadaze
10-17-2012, 07:26 AM
2nd the advise on the 750lb bags-dont bother, get the 1100's. You dont have to fill them all the way if needed, but you can't overfill the 750 when the time comes--and it will come.

C.Hern5972
10-17-2012, 07:41 AM
Definately look at the racks...

Also tell them to keep the 750 and upgrade to 1100 sacs. I loaded mine up with the 1100 and kept the one 450 that came with the boat. I put it in the center walk thru. You are going to love that rig.

mmandley
10-17-2012, 10:13 AM
Bombguy,

If you get a chance read the 2013 Mojo reviews me and Sandm just posted yesterday.

I can honestly say i was very impressed with the Mojo. I always knew the boat was a good boat because frankly its a Moomba but after spending a little time in one and playing with it a bit i was really impressed. Enough so that it went from not even being an option to buy to being a seriously strong contender. As i too am looking to buy another boat.

kaneboats
10-17-2012, 11:14 AM
Congrats, Bomb! Listen to these guys on here. They will not steer you wrong. Enjoy that beautiful new baby!!!!!!!

Bombguy
10-17-2012, 08:42 PM
Thanks guys! We've owned the Mobius for 6 seasons and she served us well. In fact the wife found it listed on here back in 06 and I drove to Houston to get it. We were in an 18 foot bayliner before that. As the family grew and got more in to the various aspects of life on the water, we decided it was time to trade up. I'll call the dealer tomorrow to discuss the 1100s. Might cost a few more pennies, but I'm sure they are worth it now as I'll surely want them later. I had a garage built for the bayliner, the Mobius fit quite well with the tower up, gonna be a tight squeeze with the Mojo, I'll expand it if necessary. We have a place on Smith Lake in Arley, Al. If any of you are ever out this way, give a shout. Now that the little ones are getting bigger, we'll try to get to some of the events I see discussed on here. Believe me, while I don't post much, I do read this forum alot, and have learned a great deal from you guys.

Neil

jpetty3023
10-17-2012, 08:50 PM
Neil, your internet name "bombguy" scares me a little. hopefully you're on our side!

sent from my home phone

Bombguy
10-17-2012, 08:53 PM
[QUOTE=mmandley;196975]Bombguy,

If you get a chance read the 2013 Mojo reviews me and Sandm just posted yesterday.

I can honestly say i was very impressed with the Mojo. I always knew the boat was a good boat because frankly its a Moomba but after spending a little time in one and playing with it a bit i was really impressed. Enough so that it went from not even being an option to buy to being a seriously strong contender. As i too am looking to buy another boat.[/QUOTEI

Read that this morning! Great review. Like I said earlier, gonna be a long winter waiting to play.

Neil