PDA

View Full Version : Season Almost over...

parrothd
10-04-2012, 07:44 PM
Went out weds, 63, cloudy and rainy, but even a bad boating day is sure better then a good day at work... :)

We got two sets in before the boss had enough, myself and my brother in-law had a great time... :)

jmb
10-04-2012, 08:33 PM
I took a vacation day yesterday and went out. Water still pretty warm and 80 degrees. I was the only one out there and flat calm. What a good skiing day. Going to try and go again Saturday. Will be warm but a cold front coming in Saturday Night. May end it, I don't know

E4NASH
10-04-2012, 08:50 PM
We are going out one last time on Saturday too! Supposed to be about 84. Haven't been out in about 3 weeks so I'm sure the water is a little cooler than it was previously. Tomorrow is Caleb's 11th birthday and we got him his first wakeboard. He has no idea. He's been riding Julie's 128 all summer. I Had to order it because its a new 2013 model and no one is stocking it yet. Hoping it comes tomorrow so he can give it it's inaugural run before next season because after Saturday that's it for us... :-(
Here's a pic of his setup
2013 Ronix Vision 120

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

parrothd
10-04-2012, 08:53 PM
You guys are crazy, 80s?!?!?!....Last day?!?!....I'm planning on Monday with high of 60....lol.. Wet suit season for us, the water is probably 50-60s?

mmandley
10-04-2012, 09:06 PM
I was out Tuesday in Portland 60 outside water was 65, it was chillie but me and Claudia both surfed. I hope to get out 1 or 2 more times, maybe more with the Wetsuit but it kinda depends on how many Demo rides i can get out of my dealer since our boat is being winterized Monday for the new owners.

Boonejeepin
10-04-2012, 09:08 PM
Mike - Are you riding w Gerry tomorrow? Malibu w surfgate.

mmandley
10-04-2012, 09:11 PM
Mike - Are you riding w Gerry tomorrow? Malibu w surfgate.

Nope im working but Gerry said name a time and day and i can go out. You could get get a couple rides LOL. Go tomorrow and ill let you know when we go with him. I was thinking maybe Tuesday but not sure. I know Claudia will want to surf it to see whats its like. I hear the Surf gate surf feels different then traditional surf waves off boats.

E4NASH
10-04-2012, 10:25 PM
You guys are crazy, 80s?!?!?!....Last day?!?!....I'm planning on Monday with high of 60....lol.. Wet suit season for us, the water is probably 50-60s?

Monday is supposed to drop down to 64 for the high. Nights grow cooler and longer...days get more and more full with other things...it's unfortunate. I'm not winterizing until the last weekend this month but I doubt we'll get out again before that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kaneboats
10-05-2012, 09:01 AM
Same thing happens to me every fall. Kids get busy with other stuff and days get shorter. Maybe I'll make some new "fall friends". These would be the opposite of fair weather friends-- people who will throw on a shorty and keep going.

chawk610
10-05-2012, 09:12 AM
I think next weekend will be the season ender for us... I need the boat at home for Halloween to use the radio for scary trick or treat music!

kaneboats
10-05-2012, 10:18 AM
Great idea! I'll have to look for some music to use.

Nobodyrides4Free
10-05-2012, 11:15 AM
Water Temp is middle 60s and next Tuesday it will be 74 air temp. Cold front moved thru and it 58 for a high today. Wetsuits will come out now until I cant stand it anymore.

Would Love to have 80 degree water, Thats too soon to put the boat away!

Been camping at a local lake all week and driving back and forth from work. Have boat with me but Its been Windy as Hell all week. Boarded and Surfed last Sunday though............

skiyaker
10-05-2012, 12:37 PM
I love this time of year. Once the water temp drops to the low 60s/high 50s it keeps some of the bozos off the water

rdlangston13
10-05-2012, 02:19 PM
Heading out this weekend. High of 85 tomorrow and I have no idea what the water temp will be. The cold front JMB mentioned will drop the temp to 68 for a high on Sunday so it may be a little cool. Next time I go out will be with a wetsuit and then I have the weekend after thanksgiving. That will probably be my last ride of 2012.

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk

Cigars n scotch
10-05-2012, 02:29 PM
Tomorrow for us is up in the air as the last outing. Weather is looking ok but it's supposed to be windy 13+mph and my dad said he might organize a skeet shoot so I may just do that instead. I have to plan the winterizing and also call my guy to schedule the boat to be shrink wrapped for the winter.

Sad....

yearround
10-06-2012, 04:53 PM
We will keep riding till the lake closes on December 1. Our last day is usually thanksgiving morning. Dry suits and a heater in the boat and we're off to the rodeo.

Would love to see 80 water even in August!

jpetty3023
10-06-2012, 10:03 PM
We will keep riding till the lake closes on December 1.

Lake closes?

mmandley
10-07-2012, 11:10 AM
Lake closes?

Yup a lot of places with heavy rain and snow close the lakes in the winter.

Our lake actually closes Nov 5th if i recall. I think its a multitude of things, low water because they drain it, cold water hazards, and flood control.

Our rivers are open all year if your brave enough to use them. They rise as much as 5 to 7 feet in the winter, currents are pretty unreal and water temps in the low 40s to high 30s. Tons of debris and underwater stuff to spend all your money on repairs too.

jpetty3023
10-07-2012, 07:22 PM
Guess that makes sense with all the snow y'all get. Gotta go somewhere when it melts huh. We will have a ramp or 3 close down once in a blue moon but the lake being "closed". That's just crazy northern folk talk.

jmb
10-07-2012, 07:47 PM
I didn't make it out this weekend. Cold Saturday and it wasn't supposed to be. Now I'm depressed. Changed the oil and transmission fluid Saturday though. I did get to hear it run with the fake-a-lake. Not quite as fun!

chawk610
10-08-2012, 08:53 AM
We are planning on Saturday AND Sunday this coming weekend... gonna be in the 80's. This will pretty much be it for us for the year. Plan on pulling the boat out before Halloween.

mmandley
10-08-2012, 09:05 AM
:( Took Fierah out for her last lake trip yesterday. I spent a few hours finishing rewire the ballast, installed an Exile XI Sub and a 1500 amp for the new owner.

Took her out and had a couple beers, let Oso do some swimming, chatted with the Mrs on what boats are on the short list.

Watched the Sun set for the last time in this boat.

Puller out, wiped her down.
Changed the fluids and today she goes tot he dealer for Winterization. :-?

chawk610
10-08-2012, 11:41 AM
At least yall took her out one last time! The new boat will make everything better!

rdlangston13
10-08-2012, 01:11 PM
We went out this weekend with my sister ad nephews for a camping trip. Weather was supposed to hold out till Sunday but it turned bad Saturday. Still went out for some tubing with the kiddos but it was a little chilly. Went for a river cruise yesterday on the boat but I think everyone was super cold. Supposed to be back in the 80s tomorrow, just bad timing

KSmith
10-08-2012, 02:02 PM
Went out Saturday, wind kicked up pretty bad so it turned into just a cruise.... still nice to get out on the water.

harmsway
10-08-2012, 02:16 PM
Went Saturday air temp 80 water 72. Hopefully we can ride into November. We usually stop when water temp reaches 62.

Canuckle Head
10-08-2012, 11:18 PM
Wake surfed today. Air temp 73 water 60. Trunked it.

rdlangston13
10-08-2012, 11:20 PM
Our water is in the low 70s and I'm riding a full 3/2 tomorrow. You crazies in 60 degree water with trunks only are nuts

rca
10-09-2012, 09:31 AM
Our water is in the low 70s and I'm riding a full 3/2 tomorrow. You crazies in 60 degree water with trunks only are nuts

If you'd add some meat to your frame (like some of us) it wouldn't seem so cold. You just need some personal insulation.

rdlangston13
10-09-2012, 10:54 AM
I'm not so sure thats actual "meat" on yalls frames

rca
10-09-2012, 07:07 PM
Meat, blubber.....call it what you will.

mmandley
10-09-2012, 10:57 PM
I'm not so sure thats actual "meat" on yalls frames

Not to get into a pissing match on weight lol.

It always cracks me up when i goto the gym at work to lift weights or work out. Several guys are smaller, skinnier, or just look to be in shape. Then i challenge them to a cardio on the bikes. I generally do 50 minutes at setting 13 doing 15 miles and burning nearly 600 cals. Then i hit the weights. I rarley see any guy under 180 lifting what i lift. I normally get dam man your stronger then i thought youd be as i max the chest butter flys at 200 with 4 sets of 20, or the tricep press at 200, bench pressing 300+ along with back to back sets of Incline press and decline press. I know i could lose a good 60+ lbs and im working on it but trust me before i hit 30 i could eat or drink what ever i wanted and always be right at 200, now i look at a beer or fast food place and i gain 5 lbs.

Im not in any way saying im buff or a hot shot. My point is just remember bigger guys have to carry more weight, so that also means most of there core muscles are stonger then you think.

If you ever want a good test of how strong bigger guys are, try adding 50 pounds to your life vest and then try to wake board, or at least get up on one LOL.

rdlangston13
10-10-2012, 12:56 AM
Not to get into a pissing match on weight lol.

It always cracks me up when i goto the gym at work to lift weights or work out. Several guys are smaller, skinnier, or just look to be in shape. Then i challenge them to a cardio on the bikes. I generally do 50 minutes at setting 13 doing 15 miles and burning nearly 600 cals. Then i hit the weights. I rarley see any guy under 180 lifting what i lift. I normally get dam man your stronger then i thought youd be as i max the chest butter flys at 200 with 4 sets of 20, or the tricep press at 200, bench pressing 300+ along with back to back sets of Incline press and decline press. I know i could lose a good 60+ lbs and im working on it but trust me before i hit 30 i could eat or drink what ever i wanted and always be right at 200, now i look at a beer or fast food place and i gain 5 lbs.

Im not in any way saying im buff or a hot shot. My point is just remember bigger guys have to carry more weight, so that also means most of there core muscles are stonger then you think.

If you ever want a good test of how strong bigger guys are, try adding 50 pounds to your life vest and then try to wake board, or at least get up on one LOL.

oh no doubt, we had a guy come out to my rig to help out who was probably around 300 lb mark, we had to carry 5 gal buckets of used oil from one end of the ship to the other and going up three flights of stairs with 5 gallons of oil was a chore and it was only about 40 lbs or so. if i had to carry around an extra 100 lbs every where i went id have legs of steel haha

kaneboats
10-10-2012, 09:17 AM
I was having a conversation about this with one of my brothers last week. He said he thinks its funny that people look at those who are overweight like they are lazy or not too bright. There is an air of superiority that thinner people have. It's funny when they hit 40 and all of a sudden their metabolism isn't what it was their whole lives. Now they have a beer belly, paunch, or whatever you want to call it and it takes a huge amount of work to get rid of it and many cannot do it. This may be, for many, their first real understanding of what it is like for those who don't have the same metabolism they do (in their younger days anyway). Most (not all mind you) of a person's ability to get thin or remain thin is hereditary. You can work through diet and exercise to be the thinnest or fittest person you can be but some of us can NEVER look like those who are thin through genetics. Go back and look at pictures of men in your family before the high carb diet/sedentary lifestyles of today. If they trened heavy back then your work is cut out for you.

Oh well, at least we are strong, right?

iwaterskihard
10-16-2012, 09:27 AM
Well ski'd yesterday afternoon and the boat went from lake straight to winteriazation. Not because I wanted it too but because of work committments I won't be home to enjoy using it the last couple weeks of October.
The water was fairly chilly and the air a nice 15 degrees celcius (58F I think?). We were the only boat on the lake and it was a good run! Ski'd well so at least I had a good smile on my face when we pulled her out of the water.

With that said summer is now officially over for this cat! As I say every year - damn it I was just one ride short of a really good summer! :)