PDA

View Full Version : Outback V wont dry out

ULMboarder
10-03-2012, 11:34 AM
Any one have any problems with a 07 style Outback V not wanting to dry out? Every compartment and the floor in the boat is soaked all the time. To the point im replacing the main carpet on the removable floor cause mold has grown on it and i cant keep it out. I dont put a cover on it to let it air out, I open all the compartments and lift all the ballast bags off the floor, and pull most of everything out of the boat. I also store it in a warehouse so its not getting rained on.

Just wondering what yall have done to combat this? I put a fan on the back yesterday and its been blowing non stop for almost 24 hours and has gotten a lot of the moisture out but not all of it? Have yall come up with a better solution?

mmandley
10-03-2012, 11:37 AM
In the summer its hard to keep ours dry as well, with all the water from people getting in and out.

What your doing is the best you can do, couple fans and lots of open air.

kaneboats
10-03-2012, 11:49 AM
I run two fans for about 3 days till she's dry.

jester
10-03-2012, 12:00 PM
You have to love the water. I use Dry-Z-Air. put one in each rear compartment and one in the center and drys the boat out. After I started doing that in the winter I have not had any mold issues.

bergermaister
10-03-2012, 12:45 PM
Another vote for the fans. A dehumidifier is another option but I think the fans do a much better/faster job based on past experiences. You're probably a lot more humid down in LA though so good luck...

yz 2smoke
10-03-2012, 01:05 PM
I suck it all out of the carpet as best as I can with a shop vac. Then let it all air out like you are doing.

ULMboarder
10-04-2012, 01:01 PM
Yeah, im starting to run out of hope here for getting it dry before i start workin on it again. the harder thing is that we are still riding 2 or 3 days a week on average right now and it just rewets itself everytime I go ride. Ive havent been this week since Monday but I wanted to work on it tomorrow night and ride all day saturday before I leave for a week.

oh well. ill grab some cardboard boxes so im not soaked when i lay down in it