PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Moomba LSV Not Planing Out

chadjitsu1
10-01-2012, 09:46 PM
Hi everyone, I am a new, used Moomba owner and this is the first V Drive that I have ever owned. I am a bigger guy so I wanted to get the biggest wake possible out of my boat.

When I bough the boat it had a 400 lb bag in the ski locker and one on each side of the engine in the back. I have since upgraded this system installing a IBS under the open bow seating (which pops the cup holders out every time I fill it (undesirable)) and 1100's on each side of the engine. I bought the 1100's with surfing in mind and with the advice of a local shop, BTW surfing is awesome.

My typical setup is filling the ski locker and IBS all the way and then filling the rear of the boat. I have noticed that if I am not careful and fill the rear of the boat too much it will never get up on plane. I am now trying to come up with ideas on how to fix this issue.

I have a friend that has the same exact boat and runs 750's in the back, when those are all the way full he also cannot get on plane, He also fills his ski locker and throws a 400 lb bag on the seats along with people with little improvement.

I have been doing some reading and wondered if re-propping the boat would help, I have no desire to go 40 MPH I only surf, wakeboard, and just started slalom skiing for the fun of it. I also have seen where people talk about putting more weight in the locker somehow, It looks like only a 400 LB bag will fit in there but maybe I'm wrong.

I feel like when I'm trying to get the boat on plane and the back loaded its really putting a lot of extra stress on the engine and running gear which scares the heck out of me. Any advice would be very helpful. Maybe the answer is just not to fill it up that much but I have a feeling there is an answer out there that I will like a little better.

Thank you all in advance.

jmvotto
10-01-2012, 09:57 PM
What prop do you have and you probably don't need 2200 in the rear to wakeboard.. Maybe 1200 to 1500

wolfeman131
10-01-2012, 10:03 PM
Give us some more details on the boat as LSV's had different hulls in different years.

So, year, motor, prop, etc and we'll get ya fixed up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

motosno963
10-01-2012, 10:03 PM
i would re prop the boat..mmandley knows a few things..he ran 1100 lbs bags in rear of his boat and he had a acme 4 blade under it..his prop is for sale since he just sold his boat so you might get a deal if thats the prop you need

chadjitsu1
10-01-2012, 10:04 PM
I'm not really sure what prop it has, I am assuming that its the original one that came with the boat or at least the same pitch that came with the boat originally. Like I mentioned a friend of mine has an 06 LSV with 750's in the back and it wont plane either getting out of the hole.

I am not even close to getting the bags full for wakeboarding, I would bet that they are half full at best before I start having issues. My last boat was a DD so I am trying to avoid at all costs having to put bags on the floor and on seats, I cannot stand the mess and pain of this process.

chadjitsu1
10-01-2012, 10:05 PM
I would love to talk to him and buy the prop if that fixes my issues

chadjitsu1
10-01-2012, 10:07 PM
This is a 2007 Mobius LSV, I believe the motor is the Indmar 325 HP, I am unsure on the prop last time I looked at it I didnt see any numbers. I am thinking that its the original prop.

jmvotto
10-01-2012, 10:11 PM
i would re prop the boat..mmandley knows a few things..he ran 1100 lbs bags in rear of his boat and he had a acme 4 blade under it..his prop is for sale since he just sold his boat so you might get a deal if thats the prop you need

Moto, I think that was for surfing, not sure mike even boards anymore...

The op is looking at planing the boat at speed.

Drew boat is a 2007 and most likely the 325 motor with stock 13 by 17.5 prop, but I am just guessing by the issues.

motosno963
10-01-2012, 10:19 PM
ohh well yeaa if his prop was just for surfing then you might not want that...im just going to sit back and learn then haha

motosno963
10-01-2012, 10:21 PM
This is a 2007 Mobius LSV, I believe the motor is the Indmar 325 HP, I am unsure on the prop last time I looked at it I didnt see any numbers. I am thinking that its the original prop.umm if you go under the boat and look at the prop it should be stamped on the side..not on the fins..(thats where mine was stamped) if not it should be around the front or back of the prop where the shaft gos through

chadjitsu1
10-01-2012, 10:27 PM
I will get under there and take a look, Its kind of a pain because I have the boat in a dry storage facility so the only time I get to see the prop is when its already in the water. I will have the marina put it on a maintenance rack and look again. I do know its a 3 blade prop and top end on the boat is about 43

jmvotto
10-01-2012, 10:32 PM
Ding ding ding, three blade prop is not going to move all that weight.

A four blade is a must.
Here is some test searches. You can also call nettle props great guys.
http://www.nettleprops.com/
For acme
http://www.ojprops.com/

ForOj

https://forum.moomba.com/search.php?searchid=228464

motosno963
10-01-2012, 10:37 PM
soo if you do swap out the prop head over to nettleprops.com and either call or email them with ur boat info, what weight your running, and what you want to do, IE just surf, or do it all and they can help you out on what prop you need..they also have great prices on props and awesome people to deal with

motosno963
10-01-2012, 10:37 PM
Ding ding ding, three blade prop is not going to move all that weight.

A four blade is a must.
Here is some test searches. You can also call nettle props great guys.
http://www.nettleprops.com/
For acme
http://www.ojprops.com/

ForOj

https://forum.moomba.com/search.php?searchid=228464link doesnt work..or it just could be this work computer haha

jmvotto
10-01-2012, 10:43 PM
Work computer...

chadjitsu1
10-01-2012, 10:44 PM
Thanks guys for the help. I didn't know if I had to put more weight in the front or what was going on. I greatly appreciate everyone's help. If there is anything else to try let me know too but I figured that this would be the next thing to drop a bundle of money on.

mmandley
10-01-2012, 10:45 PM
Hi Chad

First to the above people,,haha i do still board just not worthy enough to post pictures LOL. I did mention someplace i pulled my left shoulder wake skatting LOL. I think i wake boarded a dozen times but almost everyone who does come out wake boards so i do get my boat up on plane silly Moomba family LOL.

Chad, sounds like the boat is proped for water ski mainly. If its 3 blade deff the wrong prop for your request.

I am selling my newest prop its the Acme 1617 and its a beast of a prop.
This is my thread when i bought the prop
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?18550-Got-Prop-issues-I-just-got-the-Diesel-of-Props.-ACME-1617-its-a-beast&highlight=diesel+prop

As for plaining out i personaly havnt tried to plane out the boat when i run all my ballast close to 4K. No one has the stones to ride behind it when its like that but i have put 3K in it for surfing and when 5 people sit or stand on the opposidte side i did get the boat to plane out and do 30 mph pretty well. I dont think the engine was impressed with me lol.

The 1617 will fit the job. I have a thread in the classified. I have 2 people interested but neigher have put up the money yet.

For the record your 7 is the new hull and the same hull being used from then to the current 2013 boat.
Your buddies 06 is a slightly different hull but the prop will do the same for his boat.

I can tell you if your not running an IBS and ski locker bag then you will need 2 or 3 good size guys or a half dozen hot chics in the nose to plane out with duel 1100s in the rear. LOL.

Let me know. I saw your PM but i think i covered you here.

motosno963
10-01-2012, 10:45 PM
Work computer...hate this computer lol sorry..it didnt even show me the links for acme and oj..only showed them when i did a reply with quotes...ok continue on haha

jmvotto
10-01-2012, 10:53 PM
Mike I think the 06 and 07 Hulls on the Lsv are the same. They changed it from the 05 to the famous 06 to 12 hull.

Either way that prop will do wonders from a three blade.

I forgot you mentioned wakeskates. Ooh to be young again

chadjitsu1
10-01-2012, 11:07 PM
So with the 1617 prop on there what is the top end on the boat. I would still like to ski on occasion. I know I'm getting picky now.

mmandley
10-02-2012, 02:51 AM
So with the 1617 prop on there what is the top end on the boat. I would still like to ski on occasion. I know I'm getting picky now.

It will still do 37. My buddy water skied behind the boat on labor day. He said he liked how fast it pulled him up

DDNorCal
10-02-2012, 09:22 AM
I am fairly certain my 2006 is the same hull. I also have the 325. I swaped out to the 1847 prop and have not had any issues getting any amount of weight on plane. The hole shot is head and shoulders better than the original prop. Top end is down to about 37, but that's faster than I ever want to ski these days. The other advantage with the new prop is when surfing the engine is a lot more efficient and your burning less fuel.

bergermaister
10-02-2012, 11:10 AM
Another testimonial to the 1847 here. Put one on this year. First run of the season I ran two 1100's in the rear, 750 in my basement locker, and 7 people in the boat. Granted my hull is different but it was a radical difference in getting up on a plane at 20-22mph fully loaded. Went from a minute or more with the stock 13.7 x 17.5 4 blade and that much weight last year to maybe 10 seconds with the 1847. Top speed is still 39 at WOT - just because I was curious.

eblom
10-02-2012, 12:27 PM
I have the same hull as you (2008 LSV) and run the same weight... I switched from the stock OJ 4 blade to the Acme 1847 and couldn't be happier... Plenty of power fro surfing but also more than enough speed for slalom...

chadjitsu1
10-02-2012, 01:54 PM
Are you guys with the big 1100's filling those all the way up for wakeboarding? if so how is the wake. Also a question for bergermaister, how do you get a 750 in the ski locker or is there another place you put that bag. I looked at mine and it looks way too small to get a 750.

eblom
10-02-2012, 02:10 PM
He can get a 750 bc he has a different hull... I do not fill the 1100's to wakeboard... I shut my locker pumps off when the IBS vent starts spitting water...

brain_rinse
10-02-2012, 02:12 PM
Are you guys with the big 1100's filling those all the way up for wakeboarding? if so how is the wake.
No, half full. You will want 60% of your weight up front for the best wake.

chadjitsu1
10-02-2012, 03:11 PM
Anyone have a fix for the cup holder issue. Every time I fill up the IBS it pops the cup holders out.

brain_rinse
10-02-2012, 03:29 PM
You just need to slide it farther forward, but it will keep working it's way back. I put my wife's foam yoga block (no clue wtf it is actually for) underneath the cup holders which keeps the bag from sliding back.

chadjitsu1
10-02-2012, 04:02 PM
OK I will dig up a yoga block. Hopefully that will do it.

bergermaister
10-02-2012, 04:28 PM
Are you guys with the big 1100's filling those all the way up for wakeboarding? if so how is the wake. Also a question for bergermaister, how do you get a 750 in the ski locker or is there another place you put that bag. I looked at mine and it looks way too small to get a 750.

Yup different - I have the big basement. The wake at the load is an absolute wall. I told myself I was going to board with it loaded to the max this summer but it never happened... Also gotta be careful driving. I've almost swamped mine a few times coming off a plane to quickly and taking water up over the engine compartment almost into the cabin.