PDA

View Full Version : Fusion Deck

rdlangston13
10-01-2012, 08:59 PM
So I show up at my dads house yesterday and his is digging all through his bayliner putting in a new stereo. Upon further inspection I find that he has found all my factory kicker gear from my LSV and is installed it in his boat, he claims it's my christmas present to him. Anyways he has this "fusion" head unit that is really neat. Completely sealed, face opens up to insert a USB drive or iPod. It has a 2 1/2 inch or so color display screen that you can scroll thru your iPod on and a separate remote for the transom that also has a LCD screen on it (not color). I have never heard of these but he aims they are the best, anyone else had any experience with these?

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk

mmandley
10-01-2012, 09:28 PM
Not the deck but there speakers. They didn't take power very well and blew pretty quick.

Do you know the deck model number?

Look it up and see what the voltage of the RCA is.

For myself though with all the stereo gear I've had experience with there is only a couple brands I would spend my money on and that's not one of me.

motosno963
10-01-2012, 10:17 PM
sooo if i was going to take out my crappy alpine mandley..what would you buy

rdlangston13
10-01-2012, 10:31 PM
The manual says 3VRMS preouts.
The model number is MS-IP700

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk

mmandley
10-01-2012, 10:36 PM
sooo if i was going to take out my crappy alpine mandley..what would you buy

Well cant say much about your crappy Alpine but...

Alpine has always been good to me in decks
Kenwood has always been good
Pioneer, Sony, and JVC not my first choice but im not against them.

The main thing is look for 4V Preout if you want to run amps off the decks RCA, this will give the amp a much cleaner sound, when i first put my Exile stereo in 4 years ago my factory Kenwood sounded good to me but when i upgraded to the 700U at the advise of Exile it sounded 10xs better

If your going to running the system threw a ZLD or a Wetsounds 420 i think you can be just fine with less then 4V pre outs as the other two units will boost the power tot he amps and make them sound the way they should.

kaneboats
10-02-2012, 08:52 AM
Fusion seems to be a little pricey for what it is. Maybe they hold up well with salt water washing onto them or something.

EarmarkMarine
10-02-2012, 10:48 AM
I've come to the realization that having a little more robust source unit preamp is a benefit even when using an external processor, such as an EQ. If you have enough preamp voltage to have unity gain with the same voltage in and out this removes much of the gain multiplication responsibility from the processor and can radically reduce the noise floor (namely 'hiss').

David
Earmark Marine