PDA

View Full Version : Considering buying a LS, questions.....

brianb
04-08-2003, 10:41 AM
I am considering a 03 Outback LS for my family. I hear it ski's great. Feedback? I am also a little confused on the use of the fat-sacks when Wake Boarding? Where do they reside? What areas will be affected when in use? How do they fill and drain? Time etc. Is this a good system or do you guys see other options?

Thanks for any feedback on this boat.

Jon
04-08-2003, 11:42 AM
Outback LS's are great boats. They do have a very good ski wake and good wakeboard wake when weighted. The stock fat sack will be under the rear seat, totally out of the way. You fill it by simply by turning on a switch on the dash, same for emptying. The intake pump is under the hull, sort of under the engine box. The out pump is connected to the fat sack and the water will drain out of a through hull fitting on the side of the boat. It takes about 4 minutes to fill and drain. The fat sack will weight the back of the boat, creating a bigger wake for wakeboarding. Adding more weight with addtitional fat sacks will make the wake even better. I hope this helps you.

noneya
04-08-2003, 03:09 PM
I have a non-LS Outback and I think its great. Originally I was a skier but now mainly wakeboard. The ski wake on mine is awesome, but with a few fat sacs and a pole or tower you are hooked up to wakeboard. You will probably need to add additional sacs if you want to wakeboard alot. I just got mine last season, we put over 120 hrs on it with 0 problems.

BLKOUTLS
04-08-2003, 10:23 PM
brianb
the ls is a great family ski/wakeboard boat. i've got a 02 ls and we put over 150 hrs last season. its a great ski wake to teach the kids and for the hard core they won't be disappointed 15/22/28 off tracking and pull keeps rock solid. for boarding and skiing the wakeplate and tower are great options. the plate allows you to tailor the wake and tower for boarding and teaching kids to ski. the only option i didnt get was the ballast oops. the 03 has a hard ballast tank beneath the rear seat and in the ski locker out of the way i think its a bertha ballast option. its a great boat email if i can answer a question .

TheBeeZ
04-16-2003, 01:07 PM
I bought the 02 last year and put a little over 80 hours on it. The wake is an excellent ski wake. I also got the optional balist system. The tanks are in the floor in the ski locker area and under the back seat. It takes about 5 minutes to fill. I did not like giving up the space in the locker at first but the trunk is big enough to carry our skis. We have had as many as 9 people in our boat with skis with plenty of room. I would highly recommend this boat.