View Full Version : Transmission plate?

09-23-2012, 06:12 PM
Anyone have any idea what the plate on top of the transmission is for? I think it is where the old sprinkler valve attached? Attached are some pics of what I'm talking about. It is under the aluminum plate.



09-23-2012, 11:37 PM
yes, it's where the sprinkler valve manifold attached.

09-23-2012, 11:57 PM
yes, it's where the sprinkler valve manifold attached.

Yep just a balast manifold mounting plate.

09-24-2012, 12:29 AM
What is the plate covering? Is it water to cool the transmission? The plate came off of mine. I think what happened was I took the manifold off when I upgraded my ballast. I thought the screws were just there to hold the manifold in place. (It looked like it was all one piece, but i was wrong) This past weekend I noticed my bilge kicking on more than normal and looked down there and saw the steel plate on the transmission had come off because the screws were gone. Can anyone help me figure out what size of screw I need to get to replace them?

09-25-2012, 10:15 PM
Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks for your help!

09-25-2012, 11:17 PM
Just carry them with you to the hardware store. Do you even need them? Just curious