PDA

View Full Version : Tower Foot pad, What did you use?

mmandley
09-22-2012, 11:32 AM
I am in the middle of replacing the rear foot pads on the tower. I have removed the old ones and unforunatly i cant seem to find a suitable replacement material.

The ones in there are just 3x5 rubber. I could cut some new ones if i could locate some 1/4 rubber material.

What have you guys used to replace yours with?

I contacted a couple local shops to check and they use bulk stock and one actually uses Plastic. That wont work for mine though because it has a 35-40 degree angle.

Let me know because i want to get this fixed today so hopefully i can hit the water tomorrow.

Boonejeepin
09-22-2012, 11:58 AM
Not sure if this would be permanent but Home Depot has rubber safety pads that could be trimmed for a couple of bucks. I have them on the gunwale as a step pad to protect the gel coat (even though everyone stills steps on the gel coat on each side).16146

mmandley
09-22-2012, 01:01 PM
Not sure if this would be permanent but Home Depot has rubber safety pads that could be trimmed for a couple of bucks. I have them on the gunwale as a step pad to protect the gel coat (even though everyone stills steps on the gel coat on each side).16146

Thanks Russ that might be exactly what i need. You headed tomorrow? If so where

Boonejeepin
09-22-2012, 01:12 PM
Going out for sure but details are unk. Kelsey invited some work friends but not sure if they will go if the weather is not good. Kelsey works tonight so it won't be early when we go (unless she wants to do a glass run when she gets off at 7am). Keep me posted on your plans.

mmandley
09-22-2012, 01:54 PM
I plan to go out around 12 to Hagg, the water is the warmest there, and with Brian. His crew is in Forest Grove.

I hope the weather holds like today. Its a bit cold at 40 in the AM but by noon its back in the 60s