PDA

View Full Version : fuel problems

red moomba
08-04-2005, 08:06 PM
hi there.
i have a 1999 moomba kanga and there is something wrong with the fuel pump. it first started when we took off from the dock and the boat died. so we finally figured out that the carb was dry of fuel. and the fuel pump wouldn't prime when we turned on the ignition. so we switched the wires on the pump and it started running. we then switched them back and it ran fine. untill it stopped running again the next day. we tried the same thing but it didnt do anything. so we ran a wire from the positive post of the starter to the fuel pump and that started the pump. so we have figured that it is something to do with the pump wiring. would anyone know how to fix this. where are the relays for the pump ...etc..
thanx Dave

tygger6069
08-05-2005, 09:13 PM
Red,

There is a safety on the engine that kills the motor if the oil pressure is to low. This safety switch is located near the distributor. It should/could have 3 wires coming out of it. When I "stroked" my motor to a 383 we had to prime the oil pressure before the fuel pump would work. Some of the guys on the Supra sight have had to replace this safety switch and as they say, it is a very easy replacement for most people.

Hope that this helps. Good luck and keep us posted.

Tygger