PDA

View Full Version : How does jack mate with trailer?

dhyams
09-21-2012, 03:58 PM
My trailer jack fell off...would someone mind taking a closeup pic of where your trailer jack is connected to the trailer? I just don't see how it was ever stable in the first place.

bergermaister
09-21-2012, 04:01 PM
How does jack mate with trailer?

Well first he takes her out for dinner, a bottle of wine, maybe some dancing and a walk in the moonlight. Then they go back to his place for a nightcap and....

Ok ok, I'll see if I can dig something up. May have a shot when I was overhauling my trailer last Spring.

bergermaister
09-21-2012, 04:22 PM
eh, sorry my pic is pretty much worthless.

You may try contacting one of the guys who participated in the Group Buy on the Fulton F2 jacks recently. There were a handful of them at least and somebody's probably got a few pics of their install, before/after.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?18746-Fulton-winch-and-F2-Jack-group-buy-ordering-instructions

ga-lsv05
09-21-2012, 04:23 PM
I believe there was a large flat washer behind the nut on the jack

2005 mobius lsv 2900lbs ballast

Hoopskier
09-21-2012, 07:35 PM
If the jack fell off, it would be interesting to see what you have going on. Assuming its still original, there is a single stud and bolt holding the jack onto the frame. There is a welded on bracket on the frame. The link has a picture of the OEM welded on bracket; http://www.etrailer.com/p-P9012-00.html

If the stud broke off, you have a couple options for replacement. Weld on plate for new Fulton F2 jack, repair/replace OE style bracket, or get clamp on jack replacement.

kaneboats
09-21-2012, 09:47 PM
Well first he takes her out for dinner, a bottle of wine, maybe some dancing and a walk in the moonlight. Then they go back to his place for a nightcap and....

Well, in the south it's a lot easier than that. Somethin' bout a truck in a farmer's field .. .. .

dhyams
09-21-2012, 10:58 PM
Hi, thanks for the replies. Mine was missing the flat washer apparently. When the jack came off, the nut just slipped right through the hole in the jack.

I tried, a few days ago, to just put some stainless flat washers there (just guessing that the it was the flat washer that was missing), but still I was really uncomfortable with the setup...even though it did manage to keep the jack on. The jack leaned to the outside, and I figured it was just a matter of time before the washers that I put in gave way. I also couldn't imagine that a washer was the only thing holding the original jack on...but I guess I was wrong there.

I just replaced with a bolt-on Fulton jack, but the reason that I asked was that I would like to return the trailer to its original jack at some point.