PDA

View Full Version : Breaking GoPro mount wakeboarding

jester
09-20-2012, 10:28 PM
So I was on the lake Wednesday and broke my GoPro mount. I don't have my video editing software installed so I cannot show down as it was flying in the air.

http://youtu.be/0R8AIzKoXX8

KRAK
09-20-2012, 11:01 PM
How did you get it back??? You should tether it to your boot. It's a very neat view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jester
09-20-2012, 11:06 PM
I have the backdoor floaty on it. Also the people in the boat watched it fly and could see the orange in the water.

jmvotto
09-21-2012, 05:18 AM
Plus one on orange floaty plus tether. Not sure floaty will float camera plus suction mounts.

The sticky mounts are useless.... Fwiw.

wolfeman131
09-21-2012, 07:10 AM
I use a scuba gear tether that I run thru the rear lift eye or grab handle just is case the camera falls or gets ripped off. It has saved my gopro a few times when folks try and throw the surf rope in the boat and miss.

mmandley
09-21-2012, 09:08 AM
Looks like you or the camera did serveal turns and flips LOL. Glad this time it was the camera getting hurt and not the riders LOL.

How did the working on the tricks go?

bergermaister
09-21-2012, 10:40 AM
That was awesome - it could have appeared to be a totally gnarly wipeout with a couple cart wheels across the water before coming to rest.

jester
09-21-2012, 11:28 AM
Plus one on orange floaty plus tether. Not sure floaty will float camera plus suction mounts.

The sticky mounts are useless.... Fwiw.

The floaty will not float the camera + the suction mount. I added two key floats to my suction mount and between the three it floats the camera and suction mount.

For this I have the 3M sticky mount on my wakeboard. The mount broke right on top of the clip on the camera mount.

Yes this was backflip Tuesday. I did more damage then I wanted too. No trips to the ER. I don't have any good video's of me but I do of one of my friends and I will post it later on.

Also this is what happens when you dive the front of the board into the water.