PDA

View Full Version : Curse you blasted iOS6!

bergermaister
09-20-2012, 12:39 PM
Updated the phone this morning.

Plugged in to truck on the way to work - Kenwood deck now says "N/A Device" instead of iPod. iPod also through up an error but was too quick for me to see while driving. My deck via usb will control the iPod directly or you can switch to iPod by Hand mode and operate it like normal. Well now after repeated attempts I can do neither! ARGH :mad:

I could still run off the aux out/line in, but the usb connection was so nice....

Curious if anyone else has, or will, run into this with their deck and iOS6 and if you have ever heard of any way to update firmware or something on the deck?

rca
09-20-2012, 01:15 PM
I haven't updated anything to iOS6 yet, but I think I saw something about this issue on one of the forums I was reading last night. Let me see if I can dig it up again. I honestly didn't read it closely because it made me want to wait on the update. I'll post back if I can find it.

maxpower220
09-20-2012, 01:42 PM
I "might" switch to iPhone, if they come to Boost and the price is less than $200. Other than that, I am very happy with android.

lsvboombox
09-20-2012, 01:56 PM
Same thing with my mbquart. No longer recognizes my 4s

E4NASH
09-20-2012, 03:02 PM
I upgraded yesterday. I will have to check tomorrow on my Kenwood 550U deck in the boat. I hope it didn't change anything. I will let you all know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jpetty3023
09-20-2012, 03:04 PM
Updated to iOS6 no problems. iPhone5 will be here tomo, hopefully no problems

Sent from my home phone..

ian ashton
09-20-2012, 03:08 PM
I haven't updated because the internal communication is that our 3rd party email service won't be supported for a few weeks. I'm glad I didn't, that would make me crazy!

jmvotto
09-20-2012, 03:30 PM
i am going to wait as well , what the benfit in ios6 , i know you loose the google maps....

jpetty3023
09-20-2012, 03:37 PM
Here's some of the benefits

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFUz6vHEQCM&sns=em

KG's Supra24
09-20-2012, 04:02 PM
what the benfit in ios6

to get features other phones have had for sometime now ...

http://www.thorninpaw.com/george-bush-laughing.jpg

http://www.apple.com/ios/whats-new/

dusty2221
09-20-2012, 04:05 PM
Don't worry though, you might get the ones they left out on the next version!

mmandley
09-20-2012, 05:33 PM
Stuff like this is why after being a long time Iphone guy, since they first came out i finally gave up on it. I got tired of the constant updates, passwords, and I Tunes issues.

Now i have the Galaxy3 and love it so much. So east to do music and eveything on it now. I can jsut drag and drop my music with anyone. Plus i can buy my own mini memory card to upgrade it to what ever i want when ever i want.

wolfeman131
09-20-2012, 06:38 PM
what/where/how do you buy music from, Mike?

KG's Supra24
09-20-2012, 06:57 PM
Droid is Amazon based for music.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

mmandley
09-20-2012, 06:59 PM
what/where/how do you buy music from, Mike?

What? Buy music? What who does that? LOL I have never bought any music, i trade with people. They bring theres in and i bring mine in and we swap thumb drives and such.

Ive got 60+ Gigs of everything from 70s to the almost the latest stuff doing that. I hit my buddies kids up sometimes and get all the latest stuff i want LOL.

Brianinpdx
09-20-2012, 07:21 PM
Mike - isnt there a TV show for that? oh, wait, thats called "Wife swap...."

*** Raises hand for Iphone! I've had mine since day one. My take is it overnight revolutionized the mobile phone market. No other brand ever did that except maybe the Motorola brick sat phone (I'll admit, I owned one).

My Iphone5 x64G arrives tomorrow and I'm pretty stoked. Only down side of my past one is I would fill it up with video of all you guys. haha! Now I'm locked and loaded :>

-Brian

ps: My Ios6 update works fine on the decks we have at the office (a kenwood and an alpine). I'd expect a new update shortly...I'm sure apple is getting bombed with things.

E4NASH
09-20-2012, 09:20 PM
Update: Mine works fine in my truck with my Pioneer P4200DVD

FWIW I get all of my music from Easynews.com It has EVERYTHING and ANYTHING you could want. Music, software, movies, etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brianinpdx
09-21-2012, 01:08 PM
DELIVERED!

wow this Iphone5 is crazy lightweight!

rca
09-21-2012, 05:50 PM
I have always been a Mac hater. Stems from trying to network those stupid things back when they were appletalk, ugh, the images that brings up are just scary.

That said, the iPhone and iOS are far superior for the normal person in my mind. I have an android tablet and it is so klunky and slow and just plain stupid compared to my iPhone sometimes it makes me crazy. I love to tinker and android is good for that, but for the normal person that wants it to work (my wife) iOS is far superior. I've never had to restart Safari on my iPhone to get it to work. Chrome and every other browser on my tablet, it's a constant battle to make work smoothly. I can add memory to it, but I've never needed to add memory to my iPhone.

To each his own, but I'm an Apple convert for phones and tablets. Macs.... I still can't swallow that high priced piece of engineering.

rca
09-21-2012, 05:51 PM
Berg, I still don't know what the issue could be with yours. I have seen a lot about bluetooth being updated and that affecting playback from lots of devices, but not USB.

motosno963
09-21-2012, 07:19 PM
what i dont get is why people upgrade to the newest iphone every time one comes out..now i can see from the 3 to the 4 since they added a few things but still they all do the same thing and people waste time and money on the damn thing..i gave up on the iphone about a year ago..i went through about 4 iphones in a year or 2..my mother let me use her last one since i just cracked my screen on my HTC...i went out about 2 weeks ago on my boat and my boat became the dj on the water..on the way home after being out for about 6 hours i fried another iphone.. so thats about 6 iphones i have killed... i have yet to kill my HTC in a little over a year..and theres things on these other phones that iphone has yet to do..you would think with all the updates they would be better then the rest..and by the time the iphone 5 comes out they are already out of date and working on 5s or 6

Boonejeepin
09-21-2012, 07:30 PM
I have the MB Quart w the iPod connecting cord. I updated to ios6 and everything seems to work. Keeping fingers crossed.

kaneboats
09-21-2012, 09:43 PM
Twice the price and almost the performance. Not a great deal to me. Of course here we only have 3G with no 4G or LTE in sight any time soon. Anybody want my free sprint upgrade. Send me your surfboard and I"ll give you my I phone sprint upgrade.

jpetty3023
09-21-2012, 09:52 PM
Twice the price and almost the performance. Not a great deal to me. Of course here we only have 3G with no 4G or LTE in sight any time soon. Anybody want my free sprint upgrade. Send me your surfboard and I"ll give you my I phone sprint upgrade.

Gonna throw ya up on Barter Kings Kane📱=🏄

kaneboats
09-21-2012, 09:54 PM
Well, I don't know what that is but, then again, there's no royalty in my family.