PDA

View Full Version : got my OJ 5 blade in finally

ULMboarder
09-19-2012, 01:32 PM
Took it out this past weekend.... all i can say is wow.... gets out of the hole with 3200lbs better than my 14x14.25 did. AND dropped the RPM down dramatically. I was running 3800 before with full ballast at 23.5 mph. I was hoping for 3400 but got 3200!! gas consumption got cut by about a 3rd. I have been 3 afternoons now without refilling the tank. usually I can get 2 afternoons. plus all weekend took a tank and a half. thats non stop riding and surfing.

For some reason they dont reccomend that prop for core wakeboarding at the plant. they talked me out of it the first time I called and ordered a prop. i listened and regretted it. Went back and told em I dont care, send me the 5 blade. best addition to the boat so far. And thats on top of a long list of mods.

E4NASH
09-19-2012, 02:24 PM
Interesting...how much did this prop run ya if you don't mind me asking? I like the gas savings...

DOCDRS
09-19-2012, 06:57 PM
Next time your out with 3200 lbs of ballast and a reasonable crew run the boat WOT and see what kind of RPM's you get. They should be within range of the mani wot ratings. If below then you are overpropped and putting a lot of strain on the engine. Fwiw

motosno963
09-20-2012, 12:51 AM
BOOM....
http://www.wakeprops.com/wakeboard-boat-propellers?prop_blades=122

ULMboarder
09-20-2012, 11:39 AM
^^^^ hes dead on. I cant mention my deal since im a dealer. But list on the prop is 650. obviously its the descretion of the dealer as to what he wants to sell it at.

As far as the WOT. not really worried about it. Plus I usually empty some as the boat fills up with people. I ran it up like 4200 yesterday getting on plane which is highly unusal for me. I never like to let it get over 4k loaded. i do run it wot empty everynow and then for about 2 minutes just knock the carbon loose and what not. I change the oil a lot and and run a lot of fuel additives to maintain the engine.

Ive always of the opinion that im not interested in what its designed to do. Im interested in what it can do. Both of my old boats ('79 prostar MC with 1500lbs and a '89 tristar MC with 2klbs ) were treated this way with over 500 hours in 2 years each on both of them. They are still preforming well for their new owners. And I know that tristar was under propped. It had a 13 pitch on a 19ft closed bow with a 350. it screamed out of the hole.

loudsubz
09-20-2012, 12:34 PM
All I can say is I hope this post doesn't come back to bite you if there is an engine issue and it turns out the wot was not within spec that indmar wants to see. There was a post about this awhile back making sure the engine isn't struggling.

DOCDRS
09-20-2012, 12:59 PM
All I can say is I hope this post doesn't come back to bite you if there is an engine issue and it turns out the wot was not within spec that indmar wants to see. There was a post about this awhile back making sure the engine isn't struggling. Its ok he's a dealer and apparently has a different manual than us. Also as posted he doesn't care. If your going to recommend a prop then you should know the rpms at loaded wot as mentioned above. What are you a dealer for?

ULMboarder
09-20-2012, 04:58 PM
The boat is a 2007 Outback V bought out of warranty and in not the best of shape. Indmar has long ago wiped their hands of this engine. It has the 325 in it. So there is no manual or certain criteria to stick to, to make indmar happy. Kinda like putting a Turbo on a crate engine. Manufacturers wont warranty it, but people do it all the time.

Im just giving information on the prop for anyone interested in the 5 blade. I know there has been interest on here about it, but little to no information. Now 75% of the people out there dont run a boat as hard as I do, so that would be a mute point for them. I will go out today and find out what the WOT while loaded and unloaded rpm is for people who are interested in knowing. But as a shop boat (that we are going to the extreme on like audio, interior customization, graphics on the outside, etc.), I am extremely happy with the prop and I am not worried about the engine struggling as I maintain the engine in the best shape possible.

BTW I am a Moomba, Indmar, and OJ dealer.

motosno963
09-21-2012, 06:50 PM
i dont know why people get butt hurt when someone doesnt answer a question for them on here..if hes not worried about the RPMs then let him do his thing.. now if your asking him for some answers on RPMs and he says no leave it at that..if soneone on here wants to do a prop test like before and give out the info then there ya go ha