PDA

View Full Version : HS 360 attempts

snyderaaron
09-17-2012, 05:14 PM
Tried and tried and tried, but cannot grab the rope. Any advice?

lewisb13
09-17-2012, 05:19 PM
Try it on a wakeskate and forget about landing with the board a few times. Since you know youre gonna crash, you have zero focus on landing correctly and 100% focus on the handle pass. Also a trampoline helps a TON. It feels REALLY weird to do a 360 on a trampoline with a rope tied to a tree. First time you do it, youll see how awkward it is even though your brain tells you its a simple spin. Its kind of enlightening.

tnbrooks01
09-17-2012, 11:53 PM
Tried and tried and tried, but cannot grab the rope. Any advice?

the 360 is all about low rope tension to allow you to get the handle "in your back pocket". You likely cant grab the handle because you are edging too hard causing too much tension. Also remember the boat is constantly trying to pull the handle away from you so you have to compensate with a fairly hard pull to get the handle to the small of your back.

At home get a detergent bottle and fill up with water. Tie your wake board handle to it and practice passing that handle around you back keeping the handle against your back and not letting the bottle touch the ground. The weight of the bottle will simulate the boat pulling away from you.

On water progression: At a slow speed like 16 mph start with ollie 180 and finish the final 180 surface to engrave the body and handle position into muscle memory. Once you are doing that dialed then move to ollie 360s doing the same handle pass. When you get the Ollie 3s dialed increase the speed to 18. Then move to 1 wake 360s which will basically be an ollie 360 using the wake to get more hang time. Once completed the 1 wake 360s evenly distribute the weight to get clean take off and landing. Shorten the rope to approx 50' and start taking the 1 wake 360s w2w. As you land them on a very short line increase you line length 3-5 ft and increase your edge into the wake to create more speed still keeping the handle against your back.

Hope this helps. Post some videos up of you progression too. It will help to provide better feedback.

bzubke1
09-18-2012, 12:48 AM
I got a good feel for the handle pass by doing surface 360s with the boat at 15 or so, you have to maintain pretty much the same position on the surface of the water in order not to fall as you do in the air.

maxpower220
09-18-2012, 08:33 AM
Keep the focus on the handle pass being in the very small of your lower back. On land, practice the handle pass. If you are worried about the landing, just attempt it "wrapped" a few time.

C.Hern5972
09-18-2012, 12:03 PM
when i learned the 3, i used the trampoline to help in getting to know the handle pass. It helped. Spinning sucks to learn because of the handle pass. My bro just broke his tib/fib learning 3's 2 weeks ago.