PDA

View Full Version : Wakeboard Wrap?

Cody
09-17-2012, 02:14 PM
Probably not too popular and not sure how durable but I was searching around online earlier and saw someone wrapped their wakeboard (top only). Has anyone here tried that or attempted to?

Would be cool to design your own.

Just a thought.

Cody

KRAK
09-17-2012, 02:37 PM
Thanks for the idea! I'll try it this winter. But it won't see water till spring :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tnbrooks01
09-17-2012, 02:48 PM
At the US national wakeboard competition last year the trophies were specially wrapped wakeboards. They were pretty cool and look good. They are basically done with the same vinyl as a boat wrap. Those boards were done by Monster Graphics in Edmond Ok.

Cody
09-17-2012, 03:14 PM
I think I am going to design something this evening in Photoshop and see what I can come up with.

Would be cool if everything came out right. I figured it would be the same as a boat wrap.

It should be a good, fun project.

Cody

KRAK
09-17-2012, 03:21 PM
Let me know what type of glue you use on the edges. I feel this will be the toughest part to keep water tight.

Cody
09-17-2012, 03:31 PM
Let me know what type of glue you use on the edges. I feel this will be the toughest part to keep water tight.

I am going to follow how this guy did it:
http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewtopic.php?t=90589

I will take more time to make sure the edges are nice and flush. At the same time, I am going to design mine and have it printed.

My only issue is that I don't have a spare board to try it on. My only board is a Ronix One (yet, it's an 09').

If I mess it up, I guess I'll have to buy a new board. Ha

KRAK
09-17-2012, 03:53 PM
Even if you happen to mess it up (which I really hope you don't!) it will still be "custom"!!

motosno963
09-17-2012, 04:05 PM
i have a spare Hyperlite board i might try it on..the plastic sheet that covers the top is coming off so i might just peel it all off and wrap the top and throw some stickers on it

Cody
09-17-2012, 11:38 PM
Did a test run this evening, designing that is.

The bottom of the board is the original.

Hard to do in photoshop but I think I want to do 1/2 gloss black and 1/2 flat/matte black.

Also, look close, it is Red Bull on the right side. Which would be matte black...ish. Just playing around right now though.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g174/Slodom03/boardwrap4.jpg

motosno963
09-18-2012, 02:05 AM
your going to half to show me how to use photoshop cause i suck at it haha