PDA

View Full Version : moomba mojo at the polar bear

sandm
09-15-2012, 07:38 PM
going to the polar bear put on by robert and wake9.. super stoked to ride some different boats. he posted this pic of the moomba mojo that will be there. all I can say is this is one SICK looking boat... love the white tower...

can't wait to see in person...

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8306/7985002628_e6d3304ee7_b.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8321/7985002910_e3925c0f1b_b.jpg

jmvotto
09-15-2012, 09:13 PM
Looks great. I love that they filled in bow color from white only. Looks very sick..
Saw this on fb I think..

mmandley
09-15-2012, 09:35 PM
Yup i posted a pic of that boat. I had a feeling that was the one going to the Polar Bear event but i didnt want to speculate. The tower is an R&D option to test the opinion of the public on it.

I can say this Mojo is by fare the sharpest color combo i have seen and like. Not to mention it matches my rig perfectly LOL.

Im still on the fence about the Polar Bear event. I have been offered a deal to go and do some of my own R&D but i havnt got the details set in stone. Ill let ya know, when i know.

jmvotto
09-15-2012, 09:52 PM
Yep it was your post mike.

Is that the Oz just powder coated white? Or a new setup, what tower speakers on there?

mmandley
09-15-2012, 10:07 PM
Not sure on the speakers, but the tower is poweder coated.

wolfeman131
09-15-2012, 10:10 PM
It is a larger diameter tube on that tower and you can see it has the ability to accommodate 2 sets of racks per side. The speakers are from Skylon.

jmvotto
09-15-2012, 10:19 PM
It is a larger diameter tube on that tower and you can see it has the ability to accommodate 2 sets of racks per side. The speakers are from Skylon.

I noticed that addition of 4 racks. Plus these new speakers.Hlcd version.
http://www.skylonsports.com/wakeboard-boat-audio/tower-speakers/v-8-white.html

jpetty3023
09-15-2012, 11:18 PM
man that mojo looks boss..

lewisb13
09-16-2012, 09:23 AM
Love the white tower. Thinking of getting this done to the lsv before I run all these speaker wires.

mmandley
09-18-2012, 12:49 PM
going to the polar bear put on by robert and wake9.. super stoked to ride some different boats. he posted this pic of the moomba mojo that will be there. all I can say is this is one SICK looking boat... love the white tower...

can't wait to see in person...

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8306/7985002628_e6d3304ee7_b.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8321/7985002910_e3925c0f1b_b.jpg

Scott, just talked to Shane yesterday and i will be driving that Mojo at the polar Bear event. Me and Claudia will be there, Brian from Exile said he might go as well with us. SHould be a great weekend. Look forward to meeting you, tell Jeff <Soulcraft> hes gotta come, this will be a great chance to push his boards. Hes only got 1 board type in the competiton. Im going to bring my new board but its for private use only, and use for people like you. What we plan to do is get there Friday early afternoon, take the mojo out for a little private time. Your invited of course.

Then after the events each day we are going to run it some more.

Shane told me they are getting the 1100 in it now and are planning on pumbing in a IBS in the nose so its got a huge meaty surf. I cant wait. I just hole the ole shoulder is up to it LOL. Might be a painkiller day LOL.

I will try to work on getting up with my right hand but even though im right handed im left hand dominate and my left is much stronger then my right, so its even harder not having my left arm LOL

sandm
09-18-2012, 01:07 PM
thanks for the invite. we're leaving on thurs afternoon I think. sue and I are surfing and her hubby joe is supposed to be shootin pics on one of the boats. he's a great cameraman. the ceo is staying home this time to dogsit. no vacation this year left :( hoping to be there in the early afternoon on friday. we are camping at oroville in tents. really pushing jeff to come, but he's at worlds and I don't know what/how many boards he will have left to peddle. he's getting a ton of gear to sell, so might be a chance there. if he goes, we'll all be in his rig, but no boat.
if brian goes, tell him to bring a zld. I need to buy one, but just haven't gotten around to it.

mmandley
09-18-2012, 01:22 PM
thanks for the invite. we're leaving on thurs afternoon I think. sue and I are surfing and her hubby joe is supposed to be shootin pics on one of the boats. he's a great cameraman. the ceo is staying home this time to dogsit. no vacation this year left :( hoping to be there in the early afternoon on friday. we are camping at oroville in tents. really pushing jeff to come, but he's at worlds and I don't know what/how many boards he will have left to peddle. he's getting a ton of gear to sell, so might be a chance there. if he goes, we'll all be in his rig, but no boat.
if brian goes, tell him to bring a zld. I need to buy one, but just haven't gotten around to it.

You bet man, Orovill, itsnt that the Wake 9 lake? I thought the Polar Bear event was in Weatland? Thats a couple hours away i think..

tarheelskier
09-18-2012, 01:23 PM
That tower also only has 2 "cross bars" (where the racks are attached), when the current OZ has 3. There is a larger open space below the bottom rack on this one.

mmandley
09-18-2012, 01:43 PM
Ill make sure i get a full spread of photos on the Mojo and hopefully the other boats they bring. I know this Mojo is a lot of R&D testing the waters so to speak up upcomming changes that might get made, or options to pick from.

sandm
09-18-2012, 03:17 PM
event got moved today. it's at oroville not cfw. something about water levels and the ability to get the barges that he wants. seems tho that if you have it at oroville, we all have to pretend to be at a family reunion due to the govt rules of "sponsored" events at reclamation lakes.

you can be that long lost uncle that everyone forgot about ;)

mmandley
09-18-2012, 06:08 PM
event got moved today. it's at oroville not cfw. something about water levels and the ability to get the barges that he wants. seems tho that if you have it at oroville, we all have to pretend to be at a family reunion due to the govt rules of "sponsored" events at reclamation lakes.

you can be that long lost uncle that everyone forgot about ;)

Haha that explains so much. Well the good thing iOS the drive is less for me now lol.
I'll have to tell you about the polar bear event last year and the drama.

mmandley
10-12-2012, 08:48 AM
Headed out to the Polar Bear event today, will be meeting up with Sandm and finally put a face, handshake and a beer to another moomba brutha.

Sadly i have to report the Mojo will not be in the event. Me and Sandm will Demo the Mojo pictured here today when we get to Cali but Shane who does the Demo isnt avaible Saturday for the event. Hes able to come Sunday but the Polar Bear Coordinator wants the boat both days or no days. No days it is :(

I will take pictures when i can and post up. I will do a review of the Mojo with Pics simular to the SA i did. Im looking forward to it. Shane told me hes got it saced out, 1000 up front, 1100s in the rear and a 600 to move around.

Saturday and Sunday i will be driving the Wake 9 24VE since the Mojo wont be in the event.

so sad, so sad im really bummed, me and Shane tried every angle to get the boat in but in the end we failed.