PDA

View Full Version : 08' Outback Gravity II Ballast Issue

OutbackV2008
09-11-2012, 05:51 PM
I recently purchased my 2008 Outback V with the Gravity III ballast system. At the time I tested the boat I filled the ballast to confirm everything worked. In doing so I found out the rear right ballast empty pump doesn't activate when the switch is turned on. Obviously I purchased the boat regardless...

Having done a decent search on this forum and Owner's Manual I found it could be the following concerns:
- Fuse Blown for ballast pump
- Breaker on Switch Board tripped
- Pump Fried (seems fairly common)

I looked at the pump and found that the emptying nozzle where the hose attaches (on way to exit the hull) was cracked - So I am replacing that tomorrow regardless.

HOWEVER - When I looked for the Fuse Bank for the ballast system I couldn't find it. I found the regular fuses for all other circuits mounted under the dash no problem - All clearly labeled.

Am I wrong in expecting to find a separate fuse bank for the ballast????!?!?
I'm expecting 7 total fuses for the ballast: 1 Fill Pump, 3 Valves, 3 Empty Pumps
Can someone help me with where this would be? I'm pretty mechanically sound (won't take me longer than 30min to install the new pump tomorrow), however I'm starting to feel like an idiot on this one...if somebody has a picture of where it is located I would really appreciate it!

kaneboats
09-11-2012, 05:54 PM
I know on the LSV the ballast fuses are WAY UP under there. I had to lay on my back with my head up under the steering wheel and extend my arms all the way up past the backs of the gauges to reach. Not a place you would notice in a quick glance, that's for sure. Not sure on your model but somebody will chime in.

ga-lsv05
09-11-2012, 08:16 PM
The connectors for the empty pumps are under the v drive cover, connect the right pump to the left pump connector and verify condition. Sorry ive never checked the fuses on mine so don't know location but I have replaced 2 empty pumps

2005 mobius lsv 2900lbs ballast

jester
09-14-2012, 12:35 PM
I am not sure on the factory setup but below is some common information on how it should be setup.

The Breakers are under the dash at the top. I would think it would use one of these breakers or three of them. I have attached a photo for you. Take a light with you since it is hard to read what each breaker is for. Do you get a light on the switch when you turn it on? If so it is not a fuse/breaker issue. It is also not the the breaker on the G III switch panel if you get a light. The fuses/ Breakers should be before the switches. If you have a meter or just a LED light hook it up to were the empty pump plugs in and you will be able to see if you have power when you turn on the pump. All the pumps should have a quick disconnect close to were the pump is installed.

Hope this helps

http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m429/j3stert/B%20upgrade/2011-08-20195732.jpg

mmandley
09-15-2012, 11:46 AM
The picture Jester posted is the main breakers common to all the Boats. The Gravity Ballast system is considered an UPGRADE so it has a secondary fuse block. Its mounted pretty high in the dash and it has 2 or 3 fuses depending on the Gravity system you have.

Its its own seperate small fuse block.

On my LSV its above the steering rack and mounted to the Right of the main fuse block. Its hard to see but if you look up there with a flash light you will see it.

jmvotto
09-15-2012, 04:54 PM
It is way up on the divider between the driver cubby and the bow area. It will say left right and center ballast and have fill and drain labeled as well. Each has a mini fuse.

Looking for a pic , but my ballast upgrade is missing pics. Hmmnnn.