PDA

View Full Version : 2005 moomba lsv where is the sending unit for the wakeplate located?

hendricktech
09-11-2012, 10:15 AM
i have a hydraulic wakeplate on my lsv cannot find where the sending unit is located. my wakeplate works fine mechanically but the gauge is pegged all the way to the right as if something is grounded?

ga-lsv05
09-11-2012, 10:16 AM
It's inside the hydraulic ram

2005 mobius lsv 2900lbs ballast

squeeg333
09-13-2012, 01:25 PM
Check thestarboard side wake plate actuator. Look in the engine compartment where the hydraulic lines feed the actuators, I believe the starboard side one will have a green wire coming thru the transom at about the 2 o'clock position. There's a pretty good chance the sensor inside the actuator is bad. Get ahold of Bennett Trim Tabs about the issue - they are awesome to work with and will most likely send you a new upper hinge (complete with sensing) at no cost. They will be able to help you thru trouble shooting as well - there might just be a loose wire coming from this sensor. You could try to follow this green wire to see if there are any connections that have worked themselves loose between the actuator and the gauge. My guess is that wire feeds directly to the gauge, so it might just have shaken loose from the back of the gauge. I'd check there first.