PDA

View Full Version : Depth Sounder Problem/Upgrade Question

LakePerson1952
09-10-2012, 10:25 AM
The stock depth sounder in my 2010 Outback is losing display elements. I think the first time I rode after the 1 year anniversary of my purchase is when I saw the problem - LOL - its a bummer but I am still REALLY happy with the boat - and actually I haven't been real happy with the stock depth sounder anyway because it doesn't remember alarm setting and they need to be reset after every power-up. My concern over the depth sounder is one of 2 issues I've wanted to change - the other is that the stock speed control also doesn't remember settings after a power down.

OK - my question - it is easy enough to find a reasonably priced depth sounder that keeps settings in memory but all I've found so far would required that I also replace the transducer. In many cases, a manufacturer has multiple base units that can use the same transducer. Does anyone know the manufacturer and/or model number for the stock 2010 depth sounder?

Any particular recommendations will be appreciated too.

Thanks,

Richard

parrothd
09-10-2012, 12:05 PM
The stock depth sounder in my 2010 Outback is losing display elements. I think the first time I rode after the 1 year anniversary of my purchase is when I saw the problem - LOL - its a bummer but I am still REALLY happy with the boat - and actually I haven't been real happy with the stock depth sounder anyway because it doesn't remember alarm setting and they need to be reset after every power-up. My concern over the depth sounder is one of 2 issues I've wanted to change - the other is that the stock speed control also doesn't remember settings after a power down.

OK - my question - it is easy enough to find a reasonably priced depth sounder that keeps settings in memory but all I've found so far would required that I also replace the transducer. In many cases, a manufacturer has multiple base units that can use the same transducer. Does anyone know the manufacturer and/or model number for the stock 2010 depth sounder?

Any particular recommendations will be appreciated too.

Thanks,

Richard

Nope, but changing the transducer is a 20 minute job.. :)