PDA

View Full Version : North Georgia lakes - Lake Lanier\Lake Allatoona, etc...

E4NASH
09-07-2012, 04:28 PM
I figured I'd start a meetup thread for all of us in the Atlanta area who go out on Lanier, Allatoona or any of the other North Georgia lakes (Carter's Lake, Lake Blue Rdige, Lake Oconee, Lake Sinclair, Lake Hartwell etc..). If you are going out on any of these lakes and want to meet up with other Moomba\Supra folks post it here!

E4NASH
09-07-2012, 04:28 PM
We are going out on Lanier this Sunday (9.9.12) since Saturday looks like a cloudy/rainy mess. Anyone going to be out on the big Blue? As usual we'll be putting in at 6 mile and will be around there or 4 mile most of the day if anyone else is going to be out. Hit me up!

wolfeman131
09-07-2012, 05:11 PM
Sinclair again this weekend for our crew. Hitting the H2O 'round 8:00am to tear up the glass with a tsunami surf wave. The slalom guys hate seeing the Mojo on the horizon. Only 40% chance of afternoon T-storms on Sat and 10% on Sun.

KSmith
09-07-2012, 08:03 PM
The wife and I will probably be out Sunday AM on Allatoona we tend to run anywhere between Blockhouse and Allatoona Yacht Club...

moombadaze
09-07-2012, 08:07 PM
wish we lived closer, lakes are beautifull up that ways. you guys enjoy

ga-lsv05
09-08-2012, 07:07 PM
For the love of god wear a life jacket while on Lanier. Really sad to hear about it in the news every week

2005 mobius lsv 2900lbs ballast

wolfeman131
09-08-2012, 08:19 PM
E has quickly found a few quiet spots, but that lake is crazy!

We had the water almost entirely to ourselves today. Saw maybe 4 fishing boats buzz by and 2-3 'toons. Maybe only 6 lake lice. Not another wakeboat on our part of the lake.

WaterBullDawg1980
09-11-2012, 10:41 AM
Going out today by myself and working from the boat. :D May do a little fishing. Wish me luck!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

wolfeman131
09-11-2012, 11:29 AM
Hmmm.

You need a business partner with this new venture of yours?

Have a great day. Be safe and share some pics of your catch.

KSmith
09-11-2012, 12:04 PM
Ah man that ain't fair... Like wolfy said, need a businiess partner?

E4NASH
09-11-2012, 12:54 PM
Ah man that ain't fair...

Ain't that the truth! I won't be back out until Saturday...I really miss my midweek sessions... :-\

chadjitsu1
12-10-2012, 04:43 PM
E4NASH, I would love to meet up with you guys some time on the lake. I have my LSV at Habersham and usually hit ski cove till about 1 on the weekends or until the tubers show up in the ski cove (oh yea it happens). Anyway its December now so I wont be back out till next year but I just moved to the area and need a crew to ride with. I actually tried to set up a meetup group but it was all people that just wanted to go out on someone else s boat, not what I had in mind when I started the group. I met a few guys from SMG who are amazing wakeboarders but I didn't meet them till the end of the year last year.

E4NASH
12-10-2012, 10:21 PM
Chad, Yeah man anytime you want to meet up let's do it! We keep our LSV at a storage place near 6 Mile. We usually put in there or over at young deer. We are out AT LEAST 3 times a week...a buddy of mine that we hang out with has a yellow XStar and he is pretty amazing on a board. We usually hang out with him, a Blue Malibu, a Red and Black Mojo, and another Mastercraft x30. Usually, when we are all together we are floating or chilling out on an island. I don't board too much, I spend most of my time surfing now. However I did just pick up a skate this offseason and my buddy has been trying to teach me a few things on the board...so we'll see. I'll never be able to do what he can but its fun nonetheless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chadjitsu1
12-11-2012, 08:47 PM
Cool man I look forward to next year. I just got this boat in July but had a 1989 Nautique 2001 before that. I will keep in touch with you guys and next year meet up as much as I can. I would really like to get some guys together that will go out during the week to get some flat water. Weekends are pretty much shot unless you get out early or just go to drink, which is always an option.

E4NASH
12-11-2012, 11:29 PM
Sounds good...we've been able to find some good water even on the weekends. Spring can't get here fast enough!

KSmith
12-14-2012, 10:30 AM
Spring can't get here fast enough!

Truer Words Have Never Been Spoken!!!!!!!!!!

chadjitsu1
12-16-2012, 03:18 PM
Are you talking about the flat water or the fact that winter offers nothing for a boating fan. Actually if it doesn't start raining here pretty soon there wont be any water left to ski on in Lanier. It looks like its about 15 foot down now.

sicktc06
01-22-2013, 10:23 AM
I feel bad I didn't see this sooner! In Hibernation I guess, hate this cold weather if a snowboard ain't strapped to my feet!
I'm up on Allatoona every weekend in summer, hoping to go up there to check out the water levels and see if there's a possibility of putting a boat in the water at Blockhouse sometime soon. We find that at Allatoona, even Clark Creek is getting full of tubers and jet ski's who don't know a buoy from a human and think they can just fly by them all. We've managed to find a few smaller areas, but Ski cove out by the Ski club is some of the best to board in too. If we go on Saturday, I'll post up and let you guys know!

chadjitsu1
02-02-2013, 01:57 PM
If you trailer your boat come on down to Lanier. I have my boat docked at Habersham Marina just to avoid having to constantly pull it in and out of the water and trailer it. I only have a Jeep Grand 2WD so its a little bit much to tow the boat all over the place. I am a little worried about burning the transmission out of it.

I also live about 1 mile from Habersham Marina so its super convenient for me to pick up the phone and tell them to put the boat in the water and get out there. If anyone is planning on coming to the lake I would really like to meet up, or if its too far to trailer let me know and you can just jump in with us. Its just me and the girlfriend so there is always plenty of room.

Looks like the lake is up also, I think we got like 5 foot in the month of January so were getting some water, it was looking really bad there for a while.

E4NASH
02-02-2013, 07:23 PM
We'll be out there starting in April!

LakePerson1952
03-25-2013, 10:39 PM
I'm on Lake Hartwell (usually near where I-85 crosses the lake and into SC) in case anyone will be up this way. Email me at LakePerson1952(at)ATT(dot)net.

E4NASH
04-02-2013, 08:37 PM
We'll be out on Lanier this weekend 4/6 or 4/7. Most likely on Saturday. We'll be putting in at Charleston Park on 6 Mile. Not sure of the time yet. But probably 2:00 or so. May do some surfing if I can brave the water temp. Mainly we'll be out just to be out and to test the new ballast setup and probably a cruise to grab some grub. If any of you ATLiens want to meet up...hit me up!

chadjitsu1
04-03-2013, 08:37 AM
I met a guy that lives in Buford a few weeks ago. He is on the Supra forum and was telling me that there are really aren't a lot of things going on at Lanier in the summer as far as meet ups. This same guy also owns a Nautique and says that there are always guys getting together from that group. We should try to get something going this year for all the supra and moomba owners on the lake. I will put some effort into it if you think its a good idea.

E4NASH
04-03-2013, 09:16 AM
I've been thinking about that too and Drew and I have discussed it briefly. Lets get together and see what we can do. I'm down for sure!

sicktc06
04-03-2013, 09:41 AM
I've been thinking about that too and Drew and I have discussed it briefly. Lets get together and see what we can do. I'm down for sure!

I'll tow up from Douglasville!

kaneboats
04-03-2013, 11:04 AM
I'd think it over if it was the right weekend. Haven't been to Lanier in 5 years.

E4NASH
04-03-2013, 12:29 PM
Ok, I'll get working on something. Unfortunately I don't have a house on the lake right now that we could use as home base like Drew's. we are working on that, maybe next year. But there are several parks or islands we could use to have the actual meet and greet/hang out spot. I figure we could pick a weekend Fri-Sun with Saturday being the main day for cook out and what not. This year may start small but we could grow it into something great!

kaneboats
04-03-2013, 12:40 PM
Camping is cheap- works for me if you decide on a park. Last time I was there -2008- the water was a little low. Would like to see the lake with a little more water.

https://forum.moomba.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17097&d=1365007221

E4NASH
04-03-2013, 01:22 PM
Sounds good. The lake is at about only a couple feet shy of full pool I believe. Has more water in it than anytime last year.

chadjitsu1
04-03-2013, 06:59 PM
Actually the lake is less than 1 foot down now and will hopefully be at full pool after tomorrows rain. Keeping it that way is a different story. I say we open this up to any SC people, meaning any Supra and Moomba owners. Maybe we can also get Atlanta Marine to throw in some goodies and advertise it at the shop. Let me know if you want to get a few flyers together and I will go over there an talk to Jeff and see what he says.

I also don't have a home on the lake but I know a guy with an old Supra that does and he has a nice lot. We can also all camp out at the parks, there are some awesome sites on the lake, just get them booked as early as possible.

b66cf
04-06-2013, 11:52 AM
Anyone headed out today? I'll be out on Lanier around the 369 bridge - a bit cold to be in the water, so probably just cruising around a bit and working on installing he second battery and switch.

I'd be up for meeting up this summer - hoping to be out on Lanier a lot, now that we have some water.

E4NASH
04-06-2013, 10:40 PM
We are headed out tomorrow 1:00 at Young Deer on Lanier.

E4NASH
05-14-2013, 04:20 PM
We will be out on Lanier this Saturday 5/18 and Sunday 5/19. You will most likely find us in 6 Mile, 4 Mile, or Young Deer (Jam Site). Anyone else getting out?

yz 2smoke
05-14-2013, 04:34 PM
I will be out on Saturday with my wife and a few friends. One of my friends is coming out with his Tige. We plan on boarding in the same places you will be in. When we finished boarding we will head over to Sunset and hang out there.

I'm not sure if I will even be able to do any boarding. I tore up my shoulder pretty bad at the end of last year.

If you see a blue and white lsv flag me down. My buddy has an older Tige, white and red.

E4NASH
05-14-2013, 08:57 PM
We are launching at Young Deer and will probably ride there too. Then we usually tie up with some folks in four mile...good times!

If I see ya I'll flag ya down. Do the same if you see me..blue and black LSV with tinted windows. My buddy will be with us in his yellow X-Star. You can't miss that thing!

E4NASH
05-15-2013, 04:52 PM
Uh oh after work evening surf sesh in about 1 hour!! Young Deer at 6:15!!

chadjitsu1
05-17-2013, 06:25 PM
I will be out on Sunday. I would also like to meet up with you guys. I would be out both days but have other plans. I have a Yellow and Blue 07 LSV. I will head on over your way to see if anyone is around. I normally hang out in the cove by bald ridge marina. Its a nice, small, really calm area.

chadjitsu1
05-19-2013, 11:45 AM
I cannot believe this freakin weather. Its unbelievable how its nice all week and on the weekend it rains all day.

sgoyal
05-19-2013, 01:38 PM
I know man. I'm hoping that the weather holds up for the memorial day weekend otherwise I'm going to get pissed.

Does anyone know if sunset cove beach has a area too enjoy the sand this year or it's filled with water too.

Samsung S4...

Suprahunter
05-20-2013, 07:52 AM
Sunset is open and has plenty of beach. They are now charging $10 per person to use the beach. They give you a food voucher for $10 . No charge to anchor as far as I know.

sgoyal
05-20-2013, 09:35 AM
Thanks Suprahunter...that's all I wanted to hear

Samsung S4...

chadjitsu1
05-20-2013, 08:31 PM
Sunset is open and has plenty of beach. They are now charging $10 per person to use the beach. They give you a food voucher for $10 . No charge to anchor as far as I know.

How the heck do they do that? Last time I was there it was a mad house, people were everywhere.

chadjitsu1
05-21-2013, 11:32 AM
Going out tonight if anyone would like to meet up. I will be around the Bald Ridge Marina area. I am going out at about 6 so if anyone would like to meet up or tag along let me know.

E4NASH
05-21-2013, 11:46 AM
Going out tonight if anyone would like to meet up. I will be around the Bald Ridge Marina area. I am going out at about 6 so if anyone would like to meet up or tag along let me know.

Can't make it tonight but we should be out all day Fri, Sat, Sun, and Mon.

yz 2smoke
05-21-2013, 04:25 PM
Can't make it tonight but we should be out all day Fri, Sat, Sun, and Mon.

I will be there Friday-Wed.

E4NASH
05-21-2013, 04:29 PM
I will be there Friday-Wed.

Cool we should do a Pre-jam meetup

yz 2smoke
05-21-2013, 05:08 PM
Sounds good; I'm camping at Shady Grove

E4NASH
05-21-2013, 09:48 PM
Pull Watersports hosts a Thursday surf night every Thursday from 6:00-9:00 in Young Deer.

I may try and make that if I get my boat back from AVC Thursday afternoon.

YZ PM me your # and I'll shoot you a text when we are going to be out this weekend.

E4NASH
05-23-2013, 03:20 PM
We'll be out tonight in Young Deer from about 6-dark. C'mon out and try some new boards!

E4NASH
06-21-2013, 03:24 PM
Will be out tonight at about 5:30 in 6 Mile (Lanier) and out all day tomorrow and Sunday in 6 mile and the chill out spot in 4 mile.

Dinner tonight is dockside at Fish Tales at Hideaway Bay!

sgoyal
06-21-2013, 05:50 PM
Will be out tonight at about 5:30 in 6 Mile (Lanier) and out all day tomorrow and Sunday in 6 mile and the chill out spot in 4 mile.

Dinner tonight is dockside at Fish Tales at Hideaway Bay!

I just came out of the water. I loved it.water was like a glass

Samsung S4...

rileyk
06-22-2013, 07:51 AM
E4nash -
did you get your speakers from them or have them install your system?

Pull Watersports hosts a Thursday surf night every Thursday from 6:00-9:00 in Young Deer.

I may try and make that if I get my boat back from AVC Thursday afternoon.

YZ PM me your # and I'll shoot you a text when we are going to be out this weekend.

E4NASH
06-22-2013, 08:33 AM
E4nash -
did you get your speakers from them or have them install your system?

I got the speakers a and amp from Earmark and AVC did some installation work for me. They also sell the speakers there too.