PDA

View Full Version : Thanks - Nettle Props (JT)

Bbarri2
09-07-2012, 11:16 AM
To anyone who is considering a prop, especialy from Nettle...PLEASE READ...

Earlier this year I purchased a Moomba LSV, which had the stock prop. We used the boat most every weekend, loved it, and I was very satisfied with the boat’s performance. I knew people often replaced their stock props, and enjoyed them….however I was trying to spend as little as possible and again was very satisfied with my boat and its stock prop.

Approx. a week ago my stock prop ended up damaged, and I was forced to buy a new one. Through research on forums and asking around locally, I came across Nettle Props. After calling and speaking with JT and letting him know what we used the boat for, we decided the Acme 1847 would be well-suited for this boat. I needed the prop to come in before Labor Day weekend and JT said he would do what he could to make sure this happened. At 9:24am, immediately after placing the order, I received a...confirmation. By 10:12am I received a notice that the prop had shipped. 2 days later the prop was at my door!

Not only did the prop come in quicker than I expected…but once installed I was amazed at what it did for this boat. Not only did I gain acceleration/torque due, but the prop also allowed me to increase my max-rpm from ~4500 to ~5100. This helped keep me from losing any top-end as well. It gets up on plane quickly, can pull as much weight as you’d like, and is SO SMOOTH. My only regret is having not done this sooner! If I were to buy another boat tomorrow, I’d put an Acme prop from Nettle on it before it even went in the water.

Bottom line…to anyone considering a prop for their boat….don‘t wait like I did. Call JT, get his recommendation on what you need, and order it! You will not be disappointed…

Thanks to JT and everyone else at Nettle props. You now have another life-long customer here in South Louisiana.

Brad

KG's Supra24
09-07-2012, 11:30 AM
+1 for Nettles

motosno963
09-07-2012, 04:36 PM
i bought a prop from them about a month ago...about 10 mins after i ordered the prop i noticed i ordered the wrong one..i called them up and the guy had my invoice in his hand and changed the prop to what i wanted..no questions asked and a nice guy to deal with..+1 as well for nettles props

ohh and they also have the cheapest ACME props i could find

Grant M
09-09-2012, 11:52 PM
To anyone who is considering a prop, especialy from Nettle...PLEASE READ...

Earlier this year I purchased a Moomba LSV, which had the stock prop. We used the boat most every weekend, loved it, and I was very satisfied with the boat’s performance. I knew people often replaced their stock props, and enjoyed them….however I was trying to spend as little as possible and again was very satisfied with my boat and its stock prop.

Approx. a week ago my stock prop ended up damaged, and I was forced to buy a new one. Through research on forums and asking around locally, I came across Nettle Props. After calling and speaking with JT and letting him know what we used the boat for, we decided the Acme 1847 would be well-suited for this boat. I needed the prop to come in before Labor Day weekend and JT said he would do what he could to make sure this happened. At 9:24am, immediately after placing the order, I received a...confirmation. By 10:12am I received a notice that the prop had shipped. 2 days later the prop was at my door!

Not only did the prop come in quicker than I expected…but once installed I was amazed at what it did for this boat. Not only did I gain acceleration/torque due, but the prop also allowed me to increase my max-rpm from ~4500 to ~5100. This helped keep me from losing any top-end as well. It gets up on plane quickly, can pull as much weight as you’d like, and is SO SMOOTH. My only regret is having not done this sooner! If I were to buy another boat tomorrow, I’d put an Acme prop from Nettle on it before it even went in the water.

Bottom line…to anyone considering a prop for their boat….don‘t wait like I did. Call JT, get his recommendation on what you need, and order it! You will not be disappointed…

Thanks to JT and everyone else at Nettle props. You now have another life-long customer here in South Louisiana.

Brad

I had the exact same experience with Nettles Props last year except mine showed up damaged after UPS dropped the box. JT made it right! A big shout out to JT and Nettles!
And I love my 1847!

tgoody14
09-10-2012, 10:15 AM
x2 for Nettles

usaski1
09-11-2012, 01:14 PM
x3 for Nettles!