PDA

View Full Version : Unsatisfactory Experience with SeaDek

cutnh20
09-06-2012, 04:26 PM
This is just a quick notice to potential customers of SeaDek. I just wanted to express my experience working with the company. I am not bashing or saying that they are a horrible organization as I only have one experience to reference my opinion (albeit unpleasant).

Here is what happened.

I ordered a new swim deck pad from SeaDek a month or so ago. I chose the Moomba Roo Logo 3 pc. and was very excited to get it. When it arrived it was missing the Roo. So I called them and they told me the reason for that was because I had not chosen the correct logo option from the selection box.

Now here is where we were at odds. I assumed that since the title of the product (both on the website and on my reciept) says "Moomba Roo Logo 3 pc" that it would contain the Moomba Roo Logo when it arrived. But since I did not choose the "Manufacturer's Logo" from the logo box it did not.

When I expressed that most people would assume that if they ordered a product that had the title of Moomba Roo Logo (and the product drawing on the web page contains the roo) they would think that is what they were getting without having to select to have the logo added. I had assumed this selection was for an additional logo (like the word "Moomba" somewhere) since the other option was to have a custom logo. SeaDek disagreed and said you could add your own logo if you wanted. My opinion is at that point it is no longer a "Moomba Roo Logo" product...They disagreed.

Now I am not here to tell people not to buy anything from them or say they are a bad company as that is not my way.

But, I am here to say that I would double/triple check what you are getting before you order and I would call them before you order and make sure what you are ordering is what you expect. Do it up front because after the fact it is too late.

For full disclosure...they did offer to sell me another one at a discount but that wasn't acceptable in my book because I don't think I should have to pay for something that isn't correct and why in the world would I want two pads?

So if someone would like to buy a "Moombe Roo Logo 3 pc" swim platform pad that is missing the Roo let me know.:rolleyes:

dusty2221
09-06-2012, 04:37 PM
Wow, just wow.

I'm sure Ed has a spare one laying around, he seems to get them for free according to him.

KG's Supra24
09-06-2012, 04:38 PM
Man, that is pretty bad. Unacceptable in my book as well. Sadly, it seems they can take that approach as their schedule seems to be full with OEM production. I had stalled production/delivery time due to this increase in OEM production on my order.

FWIW, I wouldn't have even thought "Manufacturer's Logo" meant the Roo. I would have thought you were changing away from the Roo to the actual manufacturer's logo.

parrothd
09-06-2012, 04:45 PM
The picture on the website shows the logo and that's what I'd expect too..

You should ask to speak to a manager or owner, be polite, but determined...

Do you have buyer protection like american express?

If all else fails I'd dispute the charges with your credit card, you can mention that as a last resort to SeaDek. They'll probably honor your request but blacklist you from future purchases. They should at least update the pics to reflect the non-logo base product...

cutnh20
09-06-2012, 04:45 PM
That was my point as well - it never crossed my mind that the Manufacturer's Logo meant the Roo. And it would be one thing if I had to "unselect the logo" (still not acceptable) but you have to actually choose that option but by default it doesn't have a logo.

lewisb13
09-06-2012, 04:48 PM
Go get a screen shot of that right now before they change it.

cutnh20
09-06-2012, 04:48 PM
I actually spoke with the owner so it was pretty final. I hadn't thought of disputing the charges - that's a good idea since in my book it is false advertising. Not on purpose mind you but still...

kaneboats
09-06-2012, 05:01 PM
I love the Sea Dek product but they seem to have gotten too big for their britches and forgotten who helped them get there. Perhaps soon there will be another manufacturer of similar products who will be a little more customer friendly to the little guys-- at least that is what I hear in the wind. I say go to the credit card co. and explain your dissatisfaction.

parrothd
09-06-2012, 05:46 PM
I love the Sea Dek product but they seem to have gotten too big for their britches and forgotten who helped them get there. Perhaps soon there will be another manufacturer of similar products who will be a little more customer friendly to the little guys-- at least that is what I hear in the wind. I say go to the credit card co. and explain your dissatisfaction.

Why I always use my american express, maybe your card has something similar..

What is Return Protection?
Return Protection1 offers you product satisfaction on designated items purchased entirely with an eligible American Express Card. If you try to return a designated item within 90 days from the date of purchase and the merchant won't take it back, American Express may refund the full purchase price, up to $300 per item, excluding shipping and handling, and up to a maximum of $1,000 annually per Cardmember Account.

parrothd
09-06-2012, 05:55 PM

Return Protection1 offers you product satisfaction on designated items purchased entirely with an eligible American Express Card. If you try to return a designated item within 90 days from the date of purchase and the merchant won't take it back, American Express may refund the full purchase price, up to $300 per item, excluding shipping and handling, and up to a maximum of $1,000 annually per Cardmember Account.

Also, check the website before you call, there's a whole list of exceptions, make sure when you describe it it's not one of them. or just dispute the charge all together... :)

moombadaze
09-06-2012, 08:33 PM
That just plain sucks. I had a seadek pad on my old boat and really liked it, but now I dont think i would order from them again due to the experiance's of others on this forum.

If the caption for the product says "Roo" in it and the picture shows the Roo, then I would expect to get the Roo. Poor form on there part and cant say im to suprised about there reply.

No comment on the comment about the free pads.

jmvotto
09-06-2012, 09:17 PM
Can't you just return the center plain section for the center roo portion... Would seem they could use it with another three piece pad. I custom ordered mine, but by phone and they were good to deal with. Sucks they are not making this right.

E4NASH
09-06-2012, 09:24 PM
That sealed the deal for me...I won't buy from them again. I'd rather keep my slick top swim deck then deal with a company that does business that way. I may make my own deck pad out of a sheet of hydro turf or wait and see if a new supplier comes around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WaterBullDawg1980
09-06-2012, 10:41 PM

I know for a fact Amex will do more than this. I know I disputed last year a $2,400 item and probably around $3,500 that year and got it all refunded. I love Amex for this.

This seems to be getting way to common for this company.

jpetty3023
09-06-2012, 11:38 PM
Throw up a picture of what they sent you. I'm looking to place an order and if your not happy I can take it off your hands. I'd get it a lot quicker from you im sure. Just here to help a brother out!

ga-lsv05
09-07-2012, 08:29 AM
I'm gonna put astroturf on mine. Give it that back yard feel :cool:

2005 mobius lsv 2900lbs ballast

kaneboats
09-07-2012, 09:13 AM
Need some tiki torches to go with it.

WaterBullDawg1980
09-07-2012, 12:47 PM
I'm gonna put astroturf on mine. Give it that back yard feel :cool:

Now we are getting somewhere. Small lawn chair, and the tiki torches and you have yourself a party deck. (What happens on the party deck stays on the party deck.)

ga-lsv05
09-07-2012, 12:54 PM
New moomba trend party deck!

BGeorge01
09-07-2012, 01:07 PM
not to long ago under general chat there was a thread titled "HELLO????? SEADEK????", in it Jaysurf talks about what is going on with the complany, you should reach out to him and tell him your story, even show him this thread. Heres his name and title at the end of his reply.
Jason Gardner
CoOwner and VP of Advertising

Hope this helps!

wolfeman131
09-07-2012, 01:14 PM
Why should he do this? Why should he, or any of us, care what is going on with their company? Why are their problems now his, or our, problem/fault?

He already posted that he called once and was given an option that was unsatisfactory, in his opinion.

I wouldn't waste my time. I'd dispute the charges and move on.

cutnh20
09-07-2012, 01:53 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know that I got a voicemail from SeaDek earlier today and they are going to make it right.

I just got off the phone with them and they are going to send me a new middle section and ship it right out. And they are going to change the web site so it doesn't happen again.

Now I have no idea if my post made any difference but, I'd like to think they just realized the error and did the right thing to make it right. I guess I'm just someone who believes most people are honorable - maybe I'm just gullible. I should probably have waited a bit before posting but, after talking to one of the owners I figured that was the final decision.

BGeorge01
09-07-2012, 02:13 PM
Why should he do this? Why should he, or any of us, care what is going on with their company? Why are their problems now his, or our, problem/fault?

He already posted that he called once and was given an option that was unsatisfactory, in his opinion.

I wouldn't waste my time. I'd dispute the charges and move on.

Not saying he or any of us should care what their excuses because there NOT ARE PROBLEM, but if you want answers and are not getting them from "customer service" then go higher up and I dont know how much higher you can get than "co-owner"

Glad they made it right for you cutnh20!!

wolfeman131
09-07-2012, 02:33 PM
I actually spoke with the owner so it was pretty final. I hadn't thought of disputing the charges - that's a good idea since in my book it is false advertising. Not on purpose mind you but still...

Glad & surprised they made it right. Disappointed that it took you having to post on the fourm and the thread blew up to dozens of posts before they did so.

BGeorge, sorry if my reply was harsh. It wasn't directed to you. I had read the above from cutn and figured why bother wasting any more of his time.

BGeorge01
09-07-2012, 03:14 PM
Glad & surprised they made it right. Disappointed that it took you having to post on the fourm and the thread blew up to dozens of posts before they did so.

BGeorge, sorry if my reply was harsh. It wasn't directed to you. I had read the above from cutn and figured why bother wasting any more of his time.

no problem here, we all wanted the same thing and frustrated with the company. Just glad the made it right!!

KG's Supra24
09-07-2012, 03:28 PM
Don't kid yourself cutnh20, your post was the beginning of your resolution.

Drew, i don't think we should try to shorten cutnh20. ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

kaneboats
09-07-2012, 03:59 PM
Be sure to let us know how long it takes and if they get it right. Don't forget to post up pics of the finished product. I have a feeling lots of companies learned something from Progressive's ordeal last month and are paying attention now.

wolfeman131
09-07-2012, 04:02 PM
Drew, i don't think we should try to shorten cutnh20. ;)

YIKES! You are correct. That'd get your mouth washed out for sure if you said it out loud.

tcallis
12-31-2012, 07:08 PM
I had a similar experience with SeaDek; my order was missing its "Moomba" letter logo despite my invoice clearly stating that I had selected that option. SeaDek offered to discount the product, which I reluctantly accepted because I had already waited many weeks to receive the product. I am very pleased with the quality of the product itself.

Tom

This is just a quick notice to potential customers of SeaDek. I just wanted to express my experience working with the company. I am not bashing or saying that they are a horrible organization as I only have one experience to reference my opinion (albeit unpleasant).

Here is what happened.

I ordered a new swim deck pad from SeaDek a month or so ago. I chose the Moomba Roo Logo 3 pc. and was very excited to get it. When it arrived it was missing the Roo. So I called them and they told me the reason for that was because I had not chosen the correct logo option from the selection box.

Now here is where we were at odds. I assumed that since the title of the product (both on the website and on my reciept) says "Moomba Roo Logo 3 pc" that it would contain the Moomba Roo Logo when it arrived. But since I did not choose the "Manufacturer's Logo" from the logo box it did not.

When I expressed that most people would assume that if they ordered a product that had the title of Moomba Roo Logo (and the product drawing on the web page contains the roo) they would think that is what they were getting without having to select to have the logo added. I had assumed this selection was for an additional logo (like the word "Moomba" somewhere) since the other option was to have a custom logo. SeaDek disagreed and said you could add your own logo if you wanted. My opinion is at that point it is no longer a "Moomba Roo Logo" product...They disagreed.

Now I am not here to tell people not to buy anything from them or say they are a bad company as that is not my way.

But, I am here to say that I would double/triple check what you are getting before you order and I would call them before you order and make sure what you are ordering is what you expect. Do it up front because after the fact it is too late.

For full disclosure...they did offer to sell me another one at a discount but that wasn't acceptable in my book because I don't think I should have to pay for something that isn't correct and why in the world would I want two pads?

So if someone would like to buy a "Moombe Roo Logo 3 pc" swim platform pad that is missing the Roo let me know.:rolleyes:

jpetty3023
12-31-2012, 10:52 PM
post a pic!! I might be interested

sent from my home phone

EricU
01-07-2013, 01:45 PM
I ordered the swim step from SeaDek and some other pieces for my trailer, and I have to say that I not only had a great experience with the ordering process and final product, they even let me change my design after I had placed the order.

I even wrote a letter commenting on how much I appreciated their service and sent it to their VP.

Eric.

kaneboats
01-07-2013, 01:57 PM
I'm glad to hear that. I love their product. I hope they have their issues worked out now.

LTCQ
02-19-2015, 12:17 AM
I can't believe the story I just read here! I just went through the exact same experience in December and January of this year and I'm so disappointed I didn't see this thread before I wasted my money with Seadek!

I ordered the same deck pad with the same description. They made their own substitution without my authority and then had the nerve to tell me I ordered it wrong too and when I wrote to the Co-owner Susan Wilson I wasn't even given the courtesy of a reply.

Only one day after my email exchange with their Customer (Non) Service Representative however, they managed to remove the seven photos of the 'Roo Swim Deck' from their website. So very clever and timely I thought!

Moomba owner beware. Seadek just wants your money.

beat taco
02-19-2015, 12:57 AM
So glad I found a local guy that can make anything with any custom logo or design out of EVA foam

996scott
02-19-2015, 01:29 AM
So glad I found a local guy that can make anything with any custom logo or design out of EVA foam

What did you have made?

beat taco
02-19-2015, 02:43 AM
What did you have made?
Nothing! Yet. However I spent some time on Shane's "old" SA350 last summer and he had it everywhere including the entire floor.
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/18/a1b562c1adb1b585bb5e5b9589df229b.jpg

Only pic I could find. Cant wait to see his new SE all hooked up. everything I've seen looks amazing.
http://www.gatorstep.com

slipperyrockTKE300
02-19-2015, 06:34 AM
Wow, just wow.

I'm sure Ed has a spare one laying around, he seems to get them for free according to him.

As a matter of fact I do have spare one laying under a bed in a guest bedroom. It's a faux teak.

Thanks for reminding me. I actually forgot all about it. Gotta put that sucker on.

Yes, there were free ones.

Back in the days when we had the Skiers Choice Owners Jamborees in Clermont and Tampa, Seadek was pretty generous with their donations of Roo deck pads... that were randomly given out to Supra/Moomba owners.

parrothd
02-19-2015, 11:14 AM
Hydrotuff, cheaper and nicer. ;)

trayson
02-19-2015, 01:25 PM
Nothing! Yet. However I spent some time on Shane's "old" SA350 last summer and he had it everywhere including the entire floor.
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/18/a1b562c1adb1b585bb5e5b9589df229b.jpg

Only pic I could find. Cant wait to see his new SE all hooked up. everything I've seen looks amazing.
http://www.gatorstep.com

How much does that stuff run?

viking
02-19-2015, 02:49 PM
There's gotta be a reason the manufacturers are going to Gatorstep Vs. Seadek.
With threads like this I can start to see why!

beat taco
02-19-2015, 04:46 PM
No idea Trayson

Grant M
05-01-2015, 05:41 PM
I spoke with a local SEADEK dealer today about getting a SEADEK swim platform pad and was told that SEADEK doesn't put the MOOMBA logo on the pads any longer??? Has anyone else had this experience??

viking
05-02-2015, 01:38 AM
They will typically special order whatever you want (for a price). See Post #29 and do a search on the subject. Enough conversation already out there!! Personally I'd call gatorgrip and I am a happy seadek customer from a few years ago!!

beat taco
05-02-2015, 03:28 AM
Grant, why bother. Call gatorstep.

beat taco
05-02-2015, 03:30 AM
How sick is this?http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/02/2505112e24854723af93ba15e8f2197a.jpg

Gabbyg88
05-02-2015, 07:33 AM
I spoke with a local SEADEK dealer today about getting a SEADEK swim platform pad and was told that SEADEK doesn't put the MOOMBA logo on the pads any longer??? Has anyone else had this experience??
Yes, I personally had issues with the "MOOMBA" logo. I installed mine in July last year and by the end of August the pad started coming up on all the letters. I called, submitted pictures and they originally denied my claim. Then I looked on the website and noticed all the manufacturer logos are all missing. I called and didn't tell them who I was and they told me that they had issues with the pad coming up on the logos so they don't do it anymore until they redesign the logo to stop that from happening. So I blasted them on FB basically say they don't stand behind there product, post was deleted almost right away. I called and blasted them and they finally stood good but ended costing me about $100 to have the faux tek and shipping. Bottom line Seadek's customer service is horrible!

Grant M
05-02-2015, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the advice guys, - I sent Gatorstep a request for a quote.

c04rsx-sm
05-18-2015, 10:24 PM
Let us know what pricing/options gator step has when you get it

beat taco
05-21-2015, 11:26 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/21/c73284ba10192a34a17130dd04a49783.jpg

Don't know why I love this stuff so much. Just. Sick.

c04rsx-sm
06-30-2015, 10:30 AM
For anyone who is interested I contacted gator step for a quote in swim platform with the Moomba kangaroo in the center.

It is 361.00 plus 50.00 for the logo...

Ch3ckm8
07-17-2015, 12:57 PM
Last year I was happy with the end result of the Seadek product, but it did take way too long to get my platform pad.

My boss actually just ordered some seadek for his swim platform on his cruiser through www.scwake.com
Cool group of guys. He ordered it Wednesday at 2PM and received it this morning. I'd recommend going through them if you are interested in the seadek product but without the headache.

They can do the manufcaturer logos, but want proof of approval from the manufacturer for one time use. He said most agree to the one time use.