PDA

View Full Version : New Mobius Decals

jakes
08-01-2005, 07:47 PM
Just wondering if anyone has tips on installing new mobius decals? As well as removing the old ones? I just bought them from the dealership and paid $96.00 a piece is that reasonable?

Thanks

Buttafewcoe
08-02-2005, 06:33 AM
I guess it really depends on what it's worth to you.

Yellowmobius
08-02-2005, 02:08 PM
If you are talking about the 2004 type Mobius decals I think $96.00 is a great price.
I doubt you could find them much cheaper.

As far as removing the old ones, carefully use a hair dryer to warm the decals up and they will peel off farily easy. Keep the dryer moving and keep the heat on as you pull the old one off. Make sure to clean off any sticky residue that might be left behind.
I used wax and grease remover to get the sticky stuff off. Auto stores would have that or someother decal remover.

Installing the new decals is tricky, you need two people.
1st tape one half of it in place so you get the correct position.
2nd peel off the free half and cut the paper away.
3rd working from inside out start to lay the decal down. you work from inside out so you don't get air bubbles.

Any doubt's take it to a decal shop or body shop.
If you have never done this type of thing before it can be very hard. Espcally the air bubble thing.

qb12
08-03-2005, 03:56 PM
I to ordered the new decals for my 02 Outback. I got a little tired of looking at the side of the boat and reading mmmmmmmoooooooommmmmmmbbbbbaaaaaa. I want it to look a little more hip.

Anyway, I am taking the boat tomorrow to a local sign shop and they are removing the old and putting the new ones on for $100.00.

I took photos from boattraderonline of both sides so the shop will know where to put the new.

Can't wait for a new look.

Doug, t-town

qb12
08-04-2005, 01:17 PM
Update, Took the boat over to the sign ship at 9:30 and picked it up at 11:00. They charged $70 and it looks so much better.

What a difference from the old.

Rugburn
08-04-2005, 02:03 PM
I know printed exterior grade graphics are sold for $12 a square foot. I think you paid the right price for your graphics. Smart move taking it to a sign shop. As a sign shop owner, I have seen many poorly installed graphics that Ive had to fix for someone. I have the right tools and fluids and Im sure the sign shop that you took it to did as well. Nice one.

qb12
08-04-2005, 03:03 PM
Jim, You are right. That is what you and they are paid for. I am a insurance agent so that is not my speciality by all means.

But they really did a great job with the ones I bought from Skiers Choice. He did chuckle when I told him about I have been thru 3 Moomba Window Stickers on he back of my Sequoia and I have had my sons same football helment decal that I bought from him 3 years ago.

Take care and everyone have a good weekend.

Doug, T-town